Notifications
Clear all

No-Low Carb Diet + No Sugar

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 12/25/2012 8:44 pm

Diet consists of: No Sugar, No Carbs or Very Little.

Examples of what I eat: Cheese, All Fat Meats, Olive Oil, Eggs, Walnuts ect..

Q: I've been on this diet and I eat around 20g of Carbs a day with like 5g of Sugar. My Acne is basically removed itself and I just get very tiny pimples every now and then. I like the way it has cleared up, but I Cannot sustain this diet.

Cons:

-Less Energy ( I work out at the gym almost every day to build muscle)

-V E R Y expensive

-Tired of eating SAME thing every day.

-Greasy food = Greasy Face?

Pro:

-Less Acne

Q: Also, Every one says go visit the Dermo. I'm 19 and living on a college budget, with a mom who is barely supportive of me ridding acne. How can I possibly just "visit" the dermo. Seriously. People say it like its a free Bee walk in and out, but its so costly.

Q: Will accutane help me and is it worth it? I want to eat carbs again without fear of break outs :(

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 12/25/2012 9:05 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 12/25/2012 10:37 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/26/2012 10:22 am

Most dermis are useless for acne. And we can't tell you if accutane will fix you or if its worth it. It did nothing for me, so no it wasn't worth it. And if you suffer from any of the side effects, I doubt you'll consider it worth it. Then again, you old visit the accutane forum and look for the threads titled things like "about to start accutane for the third, fourth or fifth time" and ask them.

Just ease up on the diet. Just avoid high GL Meals, drinks and snacks. Eat mostly real, whole nutrient dense foods. And eat more if you are tired or hungry.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/28/2012 12:02 pm

Don't succumb to the pressures of Accutane. Drink green tea or antioxidant tea three times daily, and increase your overall consumption of room temperature water as well (cold water impedes digestion). Have a SMALL amount of berries per day, maybe a handfull of blueberries for a midday snack. They are low glycemic but will give you the natural sugar you need to thrive. You need to drastically increase your vegetable consumption: peppers, green beans, spinach, kale, lettuce. And please, for the love of God, stop eating cheese. Cook with coconut oil, not olive oil, because olive oil has a low cook temp and can become harmful if used in the pan. Save olive oil for salads. Sleep more, increase fish intake. I also recommend a very high quality multivitamin and probiotic complex.

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 01/10/2014 5:09 am

Try Sweet Potatoes, that stuff will fill you up and it's delicious. They're pretty much the only carbs in my diet and I melt cheese all over them. They give me a different, more instant kind of energy compared to meat but don't have any of the negative effects of carbs because they're anti-inflammatory, and there's not a huge amount really compared to regular potatoes. They're the only carbs that give me energy rather than drain it (although I have been low-carb for a very long time so mileage may vary).

In terms of variety, well I can't help you with that. Just know that there are thousands of herbs, spices and plants in the world and think about all the wonderful natural flavours out there. There's probably a ton you haven't tried :) all the "weird" stuff in the supermarket might surprise you.

Not sure why it's so expensive, meat, eggs and veggies don't add up to much really, and olive oil / butter lasts a long time. I don't eat nuts because they don't digest well, maybe that could be draining your energy and budget?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/10/2014 9:19 am

Try Sweet Potatoes, that stuff will fill you up and it's delicious. They're pretty much the only carbs in my diet and I melt cheese all over them. They give me a different, more instant kind of energy compared to meat but don't have any of the negative effects of carbs because they're anti-inflammatory, and there's not a huge amount really compared to regular potatoes. They're the only carbs that give me energy rather than drain it (although I have been low-carb for a very long time so mileage may vary).

In terms of variety, well I can't help you with that. Just know that there are thousands of herbs, spices and plants in the world and think about all the wonderful natural flavours out there. There's probably a ton you haven't tried :) all the "weird" stuff in the supermarket might surprise you.

Not sure why it's so expensive, meat, eggs and veggies don't add up to much really, and olive oil / butter lasts a long time. I don't eat nuts because they don't digest well, maybe that could be draining your energy and budget?

Sweet potatoes also contain resistant starch which breaks down into glucose slowly giving you energy for a longer period.

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 01/10/2014 7:17 pm

Just wondering are you applying any topical's (washes, creams ex.) along with your diet?