Notifications
Clear all

How Long After The Accutane Course Use Topicals?

MemberMember
(@grn93)

Posted : 12/25/2012 9:15 am

I finished my course of accutane 3 months ago. Now my skin is oily again and I have bad breakouts. I do not know what to do? To start I use topicals because someone said they should wait 6 months after the accutane course. Or it does not matter if the acne has returned earlier than 6 months?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/25/2012 4:12 pm

speak to your derm but if you start slowly, you should be able to use topicals at this point. at the end of my course i plan on asking for a retionoid immediately

MemberMember
(@grn93)

Posted : 12/26/2012 4:02 am

What about the initial breakout? When I had accutane breakout in the seventh month! Now, three months later, when I have oily skin with some clogged pores, cause you'll Retin initial breakthrough and will it be extended?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/26/2012 2:59 pm

No one can asnswer that question definitevely. It all depends on your body so you'll just have to try and see what happens. Waiting it out is probably not the best solution. Have you tried diet changes and such? Sometimes a multi prone approach to acne does wonders.

MemberMember
(@grn93)

Posted : 12/27/2012 2:50 am

I do not eat sweets, I tried not to eat foods with a high glycemic index, but had no effect

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/28/2012 11:00 am

Hmmmm.....another course may be in the works for you then. In the meantime, i recommend topicals until you are able to do another course if you and your derm thinks it is warranted.

Sorry you are going through this