Notifications
Clear all

New Acne Scar Treatment

MemberMember
(@jace-cali)

Posted : 12/25/2012 5:25 am

Hey guys and fellow scar carriers,

I've had major acne scars for years, I mean craters! Since in high school I couldn't find any good solution for it so I have waited till now but I think I have finally found a solution. I have seen and spoke with many of the patients at this hospital and they have given me good feedbacks. The before and after pics looked really good but because I know pictures can be modified I was a bit skeptical. I have decided to give this hospital the benefit of the doubt and went in for my first session. It's a program where I have to go through 6 sessions, so I'll start posting pictures and a video of my condition after my 3rd session. As of now I can't really tell so there's no point but seriously, if my scars are treated as they have with others, I believe this will be the new break through for all of us with this unwanted scar on our face. Actually, I 'll post my before picture so you can get an idea of how my condition is. Anywho, stay tooned peeps, hopefully I can provide some sort of solution to all of your doubts and pain.

post-193192-0-89154000-1356431140_thumb.

451 liked
MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 12/25/2012 7:31 am

What is the treatment called?

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 12/25/2012 12:25 pm

Insufficient Data.

MemberMember
(@jace-cali)

Posted : 12/26/2012 3:02 am

I don't know how to say it in English but this is done in South Korea. I didn't want to say too much cause I wasn't sure, so I was planning to wait until my 3rd treatment. I don't want to hype anything up until I see that this actually works. Anywho, the treatment is done every 2 weeks and I just finished my first and will be going in for my 2nd next week Wednesday.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 12/26/2012 4:43 am

I think you should tell us a bit more about this. We're all sceptics to some degree here and we're capable of making our own decisions when it comes to our treatments.

The not knowing is annoying as we want to be involved in what you're going through. :)

Also, how do you know that this treatment you're having is new?

MemberMember
(@soundofsilence)

Posted : 12/27/2012 1:27 am

since you don't know how to say it in english, yet your english is perfectly understandable..without going around in circles with a non-answer, can you please explain/describe what they are doing to your face? ..laser? subscision? needling? peels? etc. WHAT??? otherwise, I call BS as usual. Sorry.

MemberMember
(@jace-cali)

Posted : 12/27/2012 5:26 am

Ok guys,

Let me explain. What they do is they insert needles underneath the scar or crater causing it to scar and create new tissues under the scar which then raises the skin underneath the scar so then the scar becomes fuller and fuller. You get the idea? A laser burns the outer layer of the skin around the crater but you can only burn so much of it and there are serious side effects which in turn can leave you with even more scars. Then you got the chemical thingy thingy which is stupid because they're basically causing more damage to the scar where it makes the scar even worst. This treatment on the other hand has no or little side effect. The doctor sits there for almost 2 hours poking away. This is not like derma roller, they poke under the scar not over it , which is very time consuming and very expensive. Take a look at the images that I'm attaching. If you have anymore questions ask away~

post-193192-0-70378000-1356603987_thumb.

post-193192-0-57074800-1356603989_thumb.

polecat liked
MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 12/27/2012 6:03 am

Thanks for giving us the information!

So, similar to subcision then, just on a smaller scale... or is this mechanism different in some way? Are you happy with your results as yet? What are the side-effects and can you step us through your procedure?

Sorry to probe, just that new information on scar treatment is interesting.

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 12/27/2012 12:01 pm

It's called subcision jacecali - you can search this forum, lots of people have done it. Although, I wouldn't recommend doing it every 2 weeks, seems like 4-6 weeks is the norm.

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 12/27/2012 12:54 pm

Yeah it's called subcision. But the pictures you posted, I feel like those are totally photoshopped. The 'scar marks' and 'hard scar edges' won't go away with subcision(your skin textures won't improve much like those photos if you are getting only sub treatment and skin surface won't be smooth like that).

Also I agree with acnescars123. Every 2 weeks seems too much. You should let your skin heal first before you'll get another treatment...! If you poke your skin too much like that before heals, you might get scars from needles...careful!

Good luck OP!

MemberMember
(@jace-cali)

Posted : 12/28/2012 12:36 am

Hey guys,

Ok so it is called subcision. Thank you guys for educating me. This is my first treatment with scars so didn't know exactly what the procedure was called nor did the doctor tell me in English.... Anywho, I googled "subcision" and watched a video. From what I saw the procedure seems a bit different from what I'm doing. The needles are for sure not as thick as the ones that are used else where. And I don't bleed as bad as well. Also, my treatment doesn't bruise me up like the ones that are done in this video.(

) After the treatment, it just looks like I've popped my pimples, really red, but the redness goes away after about 5 days. As for the pictures, I have already stated that I wasn't too convinced either so don't get me wrong, I'm not a 100% believer of those either. However, seeing patients that were undergoing the procedure at the hospital and talking to them is what made me go through with this. I've seen it up front and believe me it looked really good. She was on her 3rd session and still had 3 more to go. Anywho, I'll keep you guys posted after every treatment. I'm just hopping for the best.

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 12/28/2012 2:36 am

Subcision does work.

However, those pictures, while not Photoshopped, are misleading. The before pictures have been taken with a hard side light. The after pictures have been taken with a soft light from the camera. It's even a different color temperature. These are not accurate comparison photos.

I don't doubt there will be improvement. There just won't be as much improvement as these people are touting.

MemberMember
(@soundofsilence)

Posted : 12/28/2012 6:39 pm

Thanks for your response, jacecali. I hope the subscision works out well for you. I look forward to your future updates.

MemberMember
(@jace-cali)

Posted : 12/30/2012 11:02 am

Thanks guys,

I'll keep you posted.

MemberMember
(@jace-cali)

Posted : 01/02/2013 3:11 am

Hey guys,

I just got my second treatment. I have news, so this is actually not subcision. It's something like it, but the doctor told me it's called "Cora Therapy". He kind of gave me the run down and told me the difference between "subcision" and "Cora Therapy". First the needles are different and the way he approach the skin is different as well. And at the end of my last session he does something else that has to do with peeling. Anywho, I'll keep you guys posted! This is what I look like after the treatment.

post-193192-0-37184700-1357114273_thumb.

post-193192-0-60176800-1357114275_thumb.

MemberMember
(@awesomenesssquared)

Posted : 01/02/2013 4:31 am

Hey guys,

I just got my second treatment. I have news, so this is actually not subcision. It's something like it, but the doctor told me it's called "Cora Therapy". He kind of gave me the run down and told me the difference between "subcision" and "Cora Therapy". First the needles are different and the way he approach the skin is different as well. And at the end of my last session he does something else that has to do with peeling. Anywho, I'll keep you guys posted! This is what I look like after the treatment.

I know this is a butload of swelling...but it looks good so far. I have never heard of Cora-Therapy and a quick search doesn't come up with a whole lot either but keep us updated, and if you can figure out more on how it is different from subcision let us know. This is very interesting!

Wishing you the best of luck!

MemberMember
(@jace-cali)

Posted : 01/02/2013 4:36 am

Hey awesomenesssquared, yeah it is swelled right now. Really swelled. The Cora Therapy is only done here in South Korea I guess. I'm not expecting to see anything until my third session. I'll keep you guys updated. Let me trying finding out more about the difference from the doc. And thank you for your kind words.

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 01/02/2013 4:21 pm

Good luck, hope it goes well for you. Keep us updated.

It seems like its a lighter form of subscision with acupuncture needles:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.naver.com%2FPostView.nhn%3FblogId%3Dmynamja%26logNo%3D130111901003

MemberMember
(@jace-cali)

Posted : 01/03/2013 3:59 am

There you go... That's the treatment that I'm undergoing. The needles they use are not acupuncture needles. I took a look at the needle and it was a syringe 26 g. He told me it's how they pick at the scar or what not. I'll ask them more when I go for my next treatment.

Krassuz liked
MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 01/03/2013 12:17 pm

Just for your reference standard subscision uses something called a nokor needle.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=nokor%20needle&biw=1280&bih=664&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=9LzlUOjdAsG5rQGwjYDYDQ

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/03/2013 10:01 pm

from looking at the pics on google translator really impressive!

MemberMember
(@jace-cali)

Posted : 01/04/2013 2:21 am

I know what nokor needles are. That's not what they use. It does not have the flat sharp edge. It looked just like a syringe needle without the flat triangular sharp edge. They looked exactly like this: [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@trendycat)

Posted : 01/04/2013 2:37 am

Hi jacecali, thanks for posting your progress so far. I have very similar scars to you, and if this turns out to be successful, then I may even travel to South Korea to have this doctor perform the same thing on me.

However, I ask if you could please post your end result photo in identical lighting to the original photo (directly overhead). In fact, if you could take the picture at the same time of day and place it would be ideal. One thing I've noticed is that almost every acne scar before and after picture is in different lighting. Even most of the posters on this forum who claim success (such as Mr. Matt) take their before and after photos in completely different lighting.

Direct lighting from camera flashes actually do very well to conceal acne scars. Overhead lighting exposes it.

There is no doubt that there will be SOME improvement, since subcision / needling seem to post the best results. I hope that you can accurately depict what others with similar scars can expect from these procedures.

Thanks, and I'll be following this thread for sure! Looking good!

MemberMember
(@maldition)

Posted : 01/04/2013 7:33 am

mmmmmmmmm scammm scam

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/04/2013 11:30 pm

mmmmmmmmm scammm scam

Care to elaborate?