Notifications
Clear all

Problems After 15 Years Of Bp Use.

MemberMember
(@core)

Posted : 12/24/2012 1:34 am

HI! Just throwing this out there in case there may be others.

I have been on Bp for over 15 years , Back then you could only find the stuff in small tubes of several ounces and mostly 10%

I would go to three or four different rite-aid stores and buy all their little tubes. BP is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Consider yourselves Fortunate that you can get BP For such a good price in large sizes now! You still can't buy more than a couple of ounces for over 15 dollars unless you buy it here. I started on Dans Bp since... I can't even remember when? From white tubes to blue tubes to big jugs. The package and product has changed over the years and I have always noticed that every tube was a little different, consistency, smell. One would burn my eyes, the other would't but in the end it always worked and I was able to stand the side effects. I always attributed it to small manufacturing changes. Just within the last six months though I have been having major reactions, major itching, by all accounts it would seem that every time I narrow it back down to When I use my bp, all other variables are stable. I have been Taking benadryl daily otherwise the itching is NOT BEARABLE.

Just wanted to throw this out there in-case someone else has had same experience, I'm using (LOT1061 EXP 03 13) Of Dans BP for more than several months, I can't remember if it all started with opening a new shipment or bottle of BP or not, I have had them for while since I would usually order a year or two worth at a time, I could only find one other post with someone having possible problems with the same LOT 1061. I can't remember How long ago I ran out of the old blue tubes either. To my knowledge the only major formula change was the butylene glycol? Any other similiar stories?

Hoping that it's a fluke, otherwise I may have finally build up sensitivity to bp it and I'm doomed!

Regards, Not a Bp newb

MemberMember
(@core)

Posted : 12/24/2012 3:49 am

Sorry, I have two unopened bottles of lot 1061, the bottles that are giving me trouble are Lot (0181 ex 06 12) Actually that is a little scary because I know Lot 0181

is mentioned in some other posts. Going to try new bottle tonite.

MemberMember
(@chrisdang)

Posted : 12/27/2012 11:00 pm

Not to mention if it has expired 06/12, that was 6 months ago - so the product may be less effective.

Let us know how the BP works after trying the newer lot, thanks!

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 01/04/2013 9:30 am

The products go through quality testing and Dan tests each batch personally himself. Here's a statement from Dan:

The FDA requires that any product that contains an active ingredient undergo stability testing and then each batch must be assayed. We do this just like any other company must. Other products, such as cleanser and moisturizer, do not require this testing. However, we manufacture using stringent industry standard procedures.

If your current batch of bp feels or smells different, please read here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#smells

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/22/2013 1:15 am

I have been searching these threads for over a year now, trying to find others who have successfully used The Regimen in the past, but experienced side effects after changes were made. I don't know if it's the BP or the moisturizer, but I had no side effects for 3 yrs of previous use. When the bottles switched from blue to white, I started having issues. It started with severe itching and ended with a severely burned neck that is steal healing to this day. I never loved the moisturizer, but it worked when it was not yellow. I am so sad right now that I have not been able to use the only thing that has ever worked for me. I was hoping by now, Dan would do a trial for us, maybe selling the old formulas for a while to see if that fixes the issues. I would pay double for the old formula... that is how much I believe in The Regimen. I have tried every suggestion ever suggested in these forums; however, why are the products doing this to us? We didn't change anything! The formula changed! I'm currently only able to use the cleanser & jojoba oil... I have gone from very little acne to a face full of acne worse than ever in my life. Please Dan, do something for us!