Notifications
Clear all

Acne Creams Overnight?

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/23/2012 2:20 am

I've made a few threads today, wow. I just had a few Q's. I've never really tried any benzoyl peroxide creams before, well I have, and it did work, but I gave up on it quickly because I wanted instant results. Anyway. I read the instructions, how to start little and increase if there isn't allergic reactions etc. And it says after 3 days if you have no side effects, to apply on and leave on over night. So I'm guessing, leave it on whilst you sleep. This is gonna sound silly BUT, is it ok to sleep on your side, so as in, your cheek will be on the pillow case? I change my pillow cases every day. Just wondering, or do I have to lay like a robot and have my face facing the ceiling? I just don't want anything to interfere with how well it works ..

2nd. It says to use a mild skin cleanser, I have one, but I haven't opened it for about 3 months, it's just been sealed in the bathroom cupboard. It's been opened before but I basically only used it 3 times. Question is, should I probably get a new one for this, as I don't know if it expires, it doesn't say when. So can I use it or is it defiantly better to use a new one? thanks!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/23/2012 3:04 am

I've made a few threads today, wow. I just had a few Q's. I've never really tried any benzoyl peroxide creams before, well I have, and it did work, but I gave up on it quickly because I wanted instant results. Anyway. I read the instructions, how to start little and increase if there isn't allergic reactions etc. And it says after 3 days if you have no side effects, to apply on and leave on over night. So I'm guessing, leave it on whilst you sleep. This is gonna sound silly BUT, is it ok to sleep on your side, so as in, your cheek will be on the pillow case? I change my pillow cases every day. Just wondering, or do I have to lay like a robot and have my face facing the ceiling? I just don't want anything to interfere with how well it works ..

2nd. It says to use a mild skin cleanser, I have one, but I haven't opened it for about 3 months, it's just been sealed in the bathroom cupboard. It's been opened before but I basically only used it 3 times. Question is, should I probably get a new one for this, as I don't know if it expires, it doesn't say when. So can I use it or is it defiantly better to use a new one? thanks!

The only thing you need to be concerned about nightly BP is it bleaching your pillowcases. That can be partially avoided if you apply 2+ hours before you go to bed, but it can still wind up on pillowcases anyway! You could apply it during the morning, but make sure you wear sunscreen!

Your mild cleanser is fine to use if it isn't "preservative-free". Generally cleansers are good for a year, but that is dependent on the ingredients and storage conditions. Storing it in a cupboard, especially in a cool and dark area, does prolong the life of a product.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/23/2012 4:23 am

The only thing you need to be concerned about nightly BP is it bleaching your pillowcases. That can be partially avoided if you apply 2+ hours before you go to bed, but it can still wind up on pillowcases anyway! You could apply it during the morning, but make sure you wear sunscreen!

Your mild cleanser is fine to use if it isn't "preservative-free". Generally cleansers are good for a year, but that is dependent on the ingredients and storage conditions. Storing it in a cupboard, especially in a cool and dark area, does prolong the life of a product.

Okay, thanks so much, again :P so I can sleep anyway I want without it affecting anything? :)

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 12/23/2012 11:50 am

^^^ yes, you can sleep as normal. As long as its totally dry before going to bed its fine... it will just bleach your pillowcase (so i have white ones).

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/23/2012 7:08 pm

i use zinc oxide overnight and it keeps me clear.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/23/2012 7:56 pm

What's zinc oxide and how do you apply it etc?

Also, guys does it matter if after you use your skin cleanser, and you pat your face dry but it still kind of feels a bit cold and a tiny bit damp-ish, to apply the benzoyl peroxide on your acne? cause it still felt cold and I applied it after, just wondering if that's a huge deal? thanks.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/23/2012 8:21 pm

What's zinc oxide and how do you apply it etc?

Also, guys does it matter if after you use your skin cleanser, and you pat your face dry but it still kind of feels a bit cold and a tiny bit damp-ish, to apply the benzoyl peroxide on your acne? cause it still felt cold and I applied it after, just wondering if that's a huge deal? thanks.

its in diaper rash cream. you just put in on your face...

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/24/2012 2:43 am

Okay, thanks. Hey guys, still been doing my cream, been a bit stressed at trying not to touch my face. Does it really matter if every now and then you mildy (gently) rub an itch on your face? i haven't been touching it constantly, just a bit every now and then :).

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/24/2012 2:55 am

Okay, thanks. Hey guys, still been doing my cream, been a bit stressed at trying not to touch my face. Does it really matter if every now and then you mildy (gently) rub an itch on your face? i haven't been touching it constantly, just a bit every now and then smile.png.

Sometimes a spot on my face gets itchy i dont want to touch it but i just cant. neutral.gif

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/24/2012 3:24 am

Basically, haha. My mum constantly says it doesn't matter, as long as I don't just rub my face all day and pick at the pimples. But yeah, guys does it really matter if you give it a gentle rub every now and then?

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/24/2012 11:29 pm

Basically, haha. My mum constantly says it doesn't matter, as long as I don't just rub my face all day and pick at the pimples. But yeah, guys does it really matter if you give it a gentle rub every now and then?

i'm not a doctor but i think the answer is no. because acne is internal, at least for me. heres the link to the diaper rash cream i use with zinc oxide: http://www.amazon.com/Susan-Browns-Baby-Sensitive-Fragrance/dp/B0018SKWBK

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/28/2012 4:07 am

Thanks man. Also quick question, after applying my acne cream (contains benzoyl peroxide) obviously, my face feels a tiny bit stiff, is this normal and alright? after moving my face a bit it's pretty normal and not as stiff.

Edit: Had a bit of a rough moment, and let a few tears flow down from my eyes. This was about 30 - 40 min max after applying benzoyl peroxide acne cream on my face, due to my panicking, I am worrying that I just washed off it all (I doubt I did, it wasn't a huge a lot of tears, just around my eyes) even if it went on my cheeks etc where I applied the cream, will it have washed it off and reduce the effect, or would the cream have already been fully absorbed in my skin and working?

thanks to anyone who can answer, stupidd anxiety is making me worry.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/29/2012 4:03 pm

Thanks man. Also quick question, after applying my acne cream (contains benzoyl peroxide) obviously, my face feels a tiny bit stiff, is this normal and alright? after moving my face a bit it's pretty normal and not as stiff.

Edit: Had a bit of a rough moment, and let a few tears flow down from my eyes. This was about 30 - 40 min max after applying benzoyl peroxide acne cream on my face, due to my panicking, I am worrying that I just washed off it all (I doubt I did, it wasn't a huge a lot of tears, just around my eyes) even if it went on my cheeks etc where I applied the cream, will it have washed it off and reduce the effect, or would the cream have already been fully absorbed in my skin and working?

thanks to anyone who can answer, stupidd anxiety is making me worry.

yah its normal to feel stiff on the face. haha i liked that feeling when i was using benzoyl peroxide! and with it washing off that doesn't really matter. when you use benzoyl peroxide acne doesn't come off overnight. its not about how much you put on at once. its about consistently doing it. it usually takes people 2 months to see major improvement from using bp. its all about just keep doing it as with most things in life.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 01/01/2013 3:55 am

Thank you Ichance! :D

So I got a new job, to do in the spare time ... buttt it involves going outside a lot. Heres the situation: I'm using Benzac AC 5% (currently only at night time/left on over night) and soon will be doing it in the morning as well.

I have to be delivering pamphlets outside, walking to each house. I'm going to be doing it around 6:30AM to 8AM. I'm just worried because when you use BP, it makes your skin extra sensitive to the sun. What can I do so it wont hurt me? My mum is saying the time we are doing it at won't be bad because it's so early, and said I should wear a hat. But I mean, isn't their something bad about wearing hats, it does something, i forget.

Anyway, if you know, PLEASE reply soon, start tomorrow morning!

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 01/01/2013 5:45 am

Oh and if that is bad, then should I start using sunscreen/what one? I'll only be doing it between 6-8am. hmm