Notifications
Clear all

Using Diaper Rash Cream For Acne

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/23/2012 1:00 am

So i have read about zinc oxide that it helps with acne. Its found in baby diaper rash cream and i was wondering should i give it a try. Also if i do try it what brand do you think i should i buy. Also people who used it do you put it on as a spot treatment or put it on your face and if you do put it on your whole face do you wash it off after?

MemberMember
(@shandon5)

Posted : 12/23/2012 1:32 am

Hi..I use Extra Strength Zincofax and trust me, this works like a charm. Its a thicker cream so you could either spot treat the red spots or spread it on some areas. I have it spread on my nose and an area on my right cheek as i am typing this response. Being that its a thicker cream though be sure to place a tea towel on your pillow case so that the white cream does not discolour your bedsheets or quilts etc. This cream works faboulous as well to get rid of any post acneic red marks. Goodluck. Let me know how it works for you. I swear by this cream!

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/23/2012 1:35 am

Hi..I use Extra Strength Zincofax and trust me, this works like a charm. Its a thicker cream so you could either spot treat the red spots or spread it on some areas. I have it spread on my nose and an area on my right cheek as i am typing this response. Being that its a thicker cream though be sure to place a tea towel on your pillow case so that the white cream does not discolour your bedsheets or quilts etc. This cream works faboulous as well to get rid of any post acneic red marks. Goodluck. Let me know how it works for you. I swear by this cream!

Where do you buy this product? How many % zinc oxide does yours has? Also how many times should i use it a week. Should i stop using Dan Benzyl Peroxide?

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/23/2012 6:56 pm

susan brown's baby diaper therapy ointment. 12.5% zinc oxide with a long list of other great things for the skin" chamomile, jojoba, shea, oat, calendula, vitamin e, and cocoa. nothing in it clogs your pores and it will get rid of acne 100%. i swear by this and this is the best most effective most safe thing i have ever used.

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/23/2012 7:15 pm

Im using t

susan brown's baby diaper therapy ointment. 12.5% zinc oxide with a long list of other great things for the skin" chamomile, jojoba, shea, oat, calendula, vitamin e, and cocoa. nothing in it clogs your pores and it will get rid of acne 100%. i swear by this and this is the best most effective most safe thing i have ever used.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/23/2012 7:18 pm

Im using t

Im using the desitin diaper rash cream and it has 40% zinc oxide. Is this one good? Also when you apply do you leave it on over night or wash it off?

i have heard great stuff about that one and the higher percent means it should work faster i guess. mine worked in 3 days so that's fast enough for me! haha! i leave it on at night because the longer time it is on your skin the longer it has to be effective.

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/23/2012 7:21 pm

Im using t

Im using the desitin diaper rash cream and it has 40% zinc oxide. Is this one good? Also when you apply do you leave it on over night or wash it off?

i have heard great stuff about that one and the higher percent means it should work faster i guess. mine worked in 3 days so that's fast enough for me! haha! i leave it on at night because the longer time it is on your skin the longer it has to be effective.

Do you think it would clog my pores if i put it all over my face? I think yours is better because its natural and it has jojoba oil. When i put mys on and try to wash it out it doesnt really wash it all off and there is some white stuff left behind.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/23/2012 8:05 pm

So, Susan brown's baby diaper therapy ointment 12.5% zinc oxide really helps? I'll be looking into it. Did you do anything else or is this literally all you needed to help clear your acne?

And Syrupop, just to be reassured a bit, maybe just use what Ichance23 is using, so you know it wont clog your pores etc. :) Just my opinion

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/23/2012 8:21 pm

Im using t

Do you think it would clog my pores if i put it all over my face? I think yours is better because its natural and it has jojoba oil. When i put mys on and try to wash it out it doesnt really wash it all off and there is some white stuff left behind.

well i was using sudocream for a while which is very similar to yours in chemical content. it did kind of clog me up. now that i started this one i just have no new acne at all.

So, Susan brown's baby diaper therapy ointment 12.5% zinc oxide really helps? I'll be looking into it. Did you do anything else or is this literally all you needed to help clear your acne?

And Syrupop, just to be reassured a bit, maybe just use what Ichance23 is using, so you know it wont clog your pores etc. smile.png Just my opinion

i have been using many things but the acne continued. within 3 days of starting this all the acne dried out and then stopped coming. i am slowly removing all those things in my signature to make sure it is this. i already removed the evening primrose oil.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 08/05/2013 2:05 pm

How do you guys wash it off though? It's really sticky and thick and even when I use a face wash with warm water and use my hands, all it does is the cream just travels all over my face again, it doesn;t seem to melt off....eusa_think.gif

MemberMember
(@mandy1187)

Posted : 05/27/2014 9:26 pm

Can diaper rash cream be use on your back and what kind?