Notifications
Clear all

Just Wanted To Let Everyone Know About Zinc Oxide

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/22/2012 9:28 pm

zinc oxide is really good for acne. you can buy it in sudocrem and its in diaper rash cream. its basically like a secret acne remedy. it was shown to be as effective as bp over a two month period but didn't cause the redness and dryness. also the american dermatology association said that it decreases the production of sebum and speeds up the healing process by decreasing inflammation. it truly is a cure if there is one. you can find it all over google if you just google zinc oxide acne. there are countless forums or people talking about how great it works and even how you see results in one night. i personally started using it 3 nights ago and i have to say i am very impressed. all my spots dried out, the redness is down 90% and i actually am happy with my face for the first time in about half a year. this feels great and i wanted to share it with you all. best part about it is that its dirt cheap. surprised.gif i'm so happy i found this and i look forward to using it!!! :)

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/23/2012 1:05 am

Hey what can of brand of diaper rash do you use? Also when you put it on do you put it on your whole face or spot treatment? Do you rinse it out afterward? I think i am going to try this.

MemberMember
(@shandon5)

Posted : 12/23/2012 1:34 am

I use Extra Strength Zincofax myself

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/23/2012 6:52 pm

I use Extra Strength Zincofax myself

i wish someone would have told me about this 6 months ago. im 100% clear in 3 days.

Hey what can of brand of diaper rash do you use? Also when you put it on do you put it on your whole face or spot treatment? Do you rinse it out afterward? I think i am going to try this.

susan brown's baby diaper rash therapy ointment. it is the bomb! i put in on the whole face. i wash it off in the morning.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/23/2012 7:19 pm

the title looks ridiculous but is true! i started using zinc oxide from susan browns diaper therapy cream and i am clear 3 days later! it feels amazing and i just wanted to let you all know about it. i hope it works for you too.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/24/2012 11:32 pm

zinc oxide has cleared me in 4 days. i think everyone should go out and buy some from walmart and try it and report back in a week if they have any positive results. it will probably not clear you guys as fast as me but it is very good for acne. i really want to see people get clear so try it. i think its five dollars. heres a link to the one i have used: http://www.amazon.com/Susan-Browns-Baby-Sensitive-Fragrance/dp/B0018SKWBK

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 12/25/2012 12:04 am

3 topics merged. I'm glad you've found something that works for you, but there's no need to create a new topic about zinc oxide everyday.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/25/2012 10:41 pm

3 topics merged. I'm glad you've found something that works for you, but there's no need to create a new topic about zinc oxide everyday.

why not? and i was planning to. this stuff should work for almost everyone. i want to spread this all over the web. if i only post on it for one weekend people will just forget about it. i beleive everyone on acne.org should be using this stuff.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 12/25/2012 10:45 pm

Can I apply on the spot or all over my face?

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 12/25/2012 10:50 pm

why not? and i was planning to. this stuff should work for almost everyone. i want to spread this all over the web. if i only post on it for one weekend people will just forget about it. i beleive everyone on acne.org should be using this stuff.

Because we don't allow cross-posting, we call it spamming. There have been several threads about the same subject in the past, if this really was the solution everybody has been waiting for, we would have known by now. Everybody who has used something that works for them wants to spread the word. Which is fine, just not all over the place. Again: I'm glad it works for you, congrats! Please report back in 3 months to update us on your progress.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/26/2012 4:04 pm

Because we don't allow cross-posting, we call it spamming. There have been several threads about the same subject in the past, if this really was the solution everybody has been waiting for, we would have known by now. Everybody who has used something that works for them wants to spread the word. Which is fine, just not all over the place. Again: I'm glad it works for you, congrats! Please report back in 3 months to update us on your progress.

now that i think about it you are correct that would be spamming on my part. i will only post on this thread about it. i really think this will help everyone. the medical studies show that zinc oxide decreases sebum production which is what accutane does. the american association of dermatology released the press release of that.

try drinking apple cider vinegar 4 times a day. when i do this it seems to keep the pimples down. everyone try this.

MemberMember
(@jug)

Posted : 12/26/2012 4:21 pm

Are you complementing this with Zinc pills also? Regardless I'm going to run out tonight and grab some diaper cream. So I'm hoping for the best.

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/26/2012 7:25 pm

Guys this does work. I have been using it for 3 days and 50% of my pimple dried up and faded away. It also made my face really smooth. Its quite messy but its worth it. I also take 60mg of chelated zinc a day. One in the morning and one at night.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 12/26/2012 9:43 pm

Which is better cream or ointment?

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/27/2012 12:54 am

Are you complementing this with Zinc pills also? Regardless I'm going to run out tonight and grab some diaper cream. So I'm hoping for the best.

i'm taking 30 mg of zinc chelated from the whole foods brand. I have been taking that for four months though and while it has helped tremendously i still had about 50% of the acne i had before. Since i started the zinc oxide diaper rash cream i have been completely clear for the past 6 days.

Which is better cream or ointment?

i was using sudocrem for 2 days and i had an initial break out from it. i switched to a different cream called susan browns diaper rash cream and that has kept me clear. they both will work because they have zinc oxide.

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 12/27/2012 2:12 pm

Allright, I'll bite.

I just put on 40% Zinc oxide and my daily vitamin has 400mg of Zinc. I don't want to sleep with the zinc on because I use Differin at night, so I'll be wearing it during the day. Also, I picked up a new moisturizer: Say yes to Carrots, that has 5% zinc oxide, and chammomile. Will keep everyone posted on whether this works or not.

First impressions: VERY thick (duh it's diaper cream), and doesn't rub in. Thank goodness I work from home because I look like Morticia Addams. Otherwise, slight tingle when I put it on. Absorbed pretty well, only the slightest greasy feeling. Here goes nothing...

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/27/2012 4:31 pm

Allright, I'll bite.

I just put on 40% Zinc oxide and my daily vitamin has 400mg of Zinc. I don't want to sleep with the zinc on because I use Differin at night, so I'll be wearing it during the day. Also, I picked up a new moisturizer: Say yes to Carrots, that has 5% zinc oxide, and chammomile. Will keep everyone posted on whether this works or not.

First impressions: VERY thick (duh it's diaper cream), and doesn't rub in. Thank goodness I work from home because I look like Morticia Addams. Otherwise, slight tingle when I put it on. Absorbed pretty well, only the slightest greasy feeling. Here goes nothing...

What brand of diaper rash cream do you use and what kind of moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/27/2012 4:47 pm

zinc oxide is really good for acne. you can buy it in sudocrem and its in diaper rash cream. its basically like a secret acne remedy. it was shown to be as effective as bp over a two month period but didn't cause the redness and dryness. also the american dermatology association said that it decreases the production of sebum and speeds up the healing process by decreasing inflammation. it truly is a cure if there is one. you can find it all over google if you just google zinc oxide acne. there are countless forums or people talking about how great it works and even how you see results in one night. i personally started using it 3 nights ago and i have to say i am very impressed. all my spots dried out, the redness is down 90% and i actually am happy with my face for the first time in about half a year. this feels great and i wanted to share it with you all. best part about it is that its dirt cheap. surprised.gif i'm so happy i found this and i look forward to using it!!! smile.png

Ichance23, you should make a kind of regimen like post, and type down all the things you do (that you know for sure worked for you) in the day and when etc, so others can follow your regimen and see if it works for them? It would defiantly help me if I tried it smile.png.

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 12/27/2012 4:55 pm

Allright, I'll bite.

I just got the Walgreen's Store brand Zinc Oxide ointment 40% ($5) and I use Say Yes to Carrots Daily moisturizer with 5% zinc oxide and chamommile. I just put it on today.

I was using neutrogena daily SPF moisturizer, but it started to burn, and I got a rash on my neck, so I stopped using it. Its one of the only things I use with more than 3 ingredients. Usually the more ingredients, the more negative reactions I get.

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/27/2012 6:10 pm

Allright, I'll bite.

I just got the Walgreen's Store brand Zinc Oxide ointment 40% ($5) and I use Say Yes to Carrots Daily moisturizer with 5% zinc oxide and chamommile. I just put it on today.

I was using neutrogena daily SPF moisturizer, but it started to burn, and I got a rash on my neck, so I stopped using it. Its one of the only things I use with more than 3 ingredients. Usually the more ingredients, the more negative reactions I get.

Do you use this one? http://www.yestocarrots.com/product/daily-facial-moisturizer-with-spf-15?product_id=1321143 Do you order it online or do they sell it at walgreens too?

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 12/27/2012 11:26 pm

That's the one! They sell it at Walgreens too, over by the Burt's Bees And other natural body. Not sure if it will be good for me or not, just started using it. I'll post an update tomorrow to see how the 5% zinc helps.

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 12/28/2012 12:07 pm

First day after using the Zinc Oxide 40% ointment and Say yes to Carrots Moisturizer with 5% zinc oxide.

I can tell you that my skin is not different at all yet. Not one iota. I'm going to give it 14 days to show improvement, based on Ichance23's claim that s/he was 100% clear in 3 days.

No negative effects either. No new pimples, no change to current pimples and no change to marks/scars. I have an SA peel on Saturday, and I got some Emu oil to follow it. Usually use hemp seed oil but after the scabbing from last time, I'm going to try the Emu since its better for skin healing and wounds.

Will post again tomorrow regarding the Zinc Oxide Challenge

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/28/2012 1:43 pm

Allright, I'll bite.

i doubt it is 400 mg of zinc. that would be extremely dangerous and most likely life threatening. i don't think any multivitamin would sell that.

zinc oxide is really good for acne. you can buy it in sudocrem and its in diaper rash cream. its basically like a secret acne remedy. it was shown to be as effective as bp over a two month period but didn't cause the redness and dryness. also the american dermatology association said that it decreases the production of sebum and speeds up the healing process by decreasing inflammation. it truly is a cure if there is one. you can find it all over google if you just google zinc oxide acne. there are countless forums or people talking about how great it works and even how you see results in one night. i personally started using it 3 nights ago and i have to say i am very impressed. all my spots dried out, the redness is down 90% and i actually am happy with my face for the first time in about half a year. this feels great and i wanted to share it with you all. best part about it is that its dirt cheap. surprised.gif i'm so happy i found this and i look forward to using it!!! smile.png

Ichance23, you should make a kind of regimen like post, and type down all the things you do (that you know for sure worked for you) in the day and when etc, so others can follow your regimen and see if it works for them? It would defiantly help me if I tried it smile.png.

okay this is what i do everyday for my regimen:

drink apple cider vinegar 4 times a day

take 8,000 iu vitamin D3.

take a probiotic pill called reuteri

take 30mg zinc chelated

apply zinc oxide 12.5% diaper rash cream at night

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 12/28/2012 1:45 pm

Sorry! Typo it's 40mg

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/28/2012 3:48 pm

crap i found a major problem with this method. i can not get it off in the morning! the dang thing won't come off. i can't go out in public with white stuff on my face. this really sucks cause it is working so well. what do you guys use to get yours off???

i think im gonna start applying liquid vitamin d and using this as a spot treatment to dry out pimples. i have to go to a party right now and i have a bunch of white shit on my face.