Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Know If You Have Hormonal Acne?

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/22/2012 6:57 pm

I was just wondering, as imbalanced hormones can cause or be a major cause in peoples acne, how does one figure out if it is an imbalance in hormones that is causing their acne? are there tests that can be done to tell? and once you know if you do have an imbalance in hormones, how do you treat it so it wont affect your skin anymore?

Please let me know!

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 12/22/2012 8:21 pm

I've been wondering how you figure that out too... I'll be interested to see what people say...

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/22/2012 8:43 pm

I was just wondering, as imbalanced hormones can cause or be a major cause in peoples acne, how does one figure out if it is an imbalance in hormones that is causing their acne? are there tests that can be done to tell? and once you know if you do have an imbalance in hormones, how do you treat it so it wont affect your skin anymore?

Please let me know!

You can get hormone tests done.

You may also benefit from hormonal treatment even if your tests are "normal" though. You can have "sensitive" receptors and normal levels. Meaning you'll get the side effects (acne) of high androgens even if your levels are low.

If you find the right doctor, you can get hormonal treatment based on symptoms only.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/22/2012 9:19 pm

Please let me know!

You may also benefit from hormonal treatment even if your tests are "normal" though. You can have "sensitive" receptors and normal levels. Meaning you'll get the side effects (acne) of high androgens even if your levels are low.

If you find the right doctor, you can get hormonal treatment based on symptoms only.

Ah, okay. i'm still kind of confused to where I would go or what not to find out this sort of stuff, to know if my hormones are effecting my acne.

Is their a guide anywhere, on all the things to do to make your hormones not affect your acne? A step by step or something. Sorry haha, I'm really tired at the moment and honestly worn out at the moment.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/22/2012 10:34 pm

Please let me know!

Ah, okay. i'm still kind of confused to where I would go or what not to find out this sort of stuff, to know if my hormones are effecting my acne.

Is their a guide anywhere, on all the things to do to make your hormones not affect your acne? A step by step or something. Sorry haha, I'm really tired at the moment and honestly worn out at the moment.

For a guy the first thing I would recommend is saw palmetto, taken twice a day, to a total daily dosage of 600mg. I recommend this brand. Make sure you get standardized extract, not "whole saw palmetto berries."

And stop eating dairy (dairy is loaded with hormones, and many dairy cows also are treated with artificial hormones that pass on into their milk). Stick to that for at least 3 months and watch for a gradual improvement.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/22/2012 10:42 pm

Please let me know!

For a guy the first thing I would recommend is saw palmetto, taken twice a day, to a total daily dosage of 600mg. I recommend this brand. Make sure you get standardized extract, not "whole saw palmetto berries."

And stop eating dairy (dairy is loaded with hormones, and many dairy cows also are treated with artificial hormones that pass on into their milk). Stick to that for at least 3 months and watch for a gradual improvement.

Thank you so much! if my acne is literally not being caused by the foods I'm eating, I'm going to be trying that for sure. So basically, to treat for hormone acne, that's pretty much all I have to do for it?