Notifications
Clear all

Cetaphil Facial Cleanser Still Dries Out My Skin

MemberMember
(@ugghhh)

Posted : 12/22/2012 12:22 pm

I've been using this product for a while and it definitely dries out my skin. Despite it being supposedly one of the mildest facial cleansers. I only use it at night when I'm taking a shower. In the morning, I'll wash with warm water. During the day, I'll notice my entire face can be dry. Including the T-zone and cheeks/chin.

Is there a less drying alternative?

I would rather not use face lotion, but if that is suggested, please recommend a relatively inexpensive and non-fragrant product.

I already use joboba oil on the t-zone area. I don't use it on the rest of my face because I think it kind of makes my face a little too shiny.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@abduliii)

Posted : 12/22/2012 1:08 pm

there are two types of cetaphil cleansers, one is for oily skin and the other one is for sensitive skin.

i once bought the oily skin cleanser but it reallly tried the heck out of my face

then i tried the sensitive and it worked wonders :) hoped that helps

ps. i am still using the sensitive cleanser because i have really sensitive skin

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/22/2012 9:04 pm

CeraVe

MemberMember
(@ugghhh)

Posted : 12/23/2012 1:31 am

there are two types of cetaphil cleansers, one is for oily skin and the other one is for sensitive skin.

i once bought the oily skin cleanser but it reallly tried the heck out of my face

then i tried the sensitive and it worked wonders smile.png hoped that helps

ps. i am still using the sensitive cleanser because i have really sensitive skin

I had no idea, and for 5 years I've been using the stronger "facial cleanser" for normal/oily skin. I will give the more sensitive "gentle skin cleanser" a try. Thanks!