Notifications
Clear all

Batshit Crazy Idea: Walking While Eating?

MemberMember
(@chillman266)

Posted : 12/21/2012 10:38 pm

Hey, so I know my acne trigger is dietary, excessive fats and carbs break me out instantly. I went on a diet of strictly vegtables, lean meats, low fats, and low carbs ( 1 serving per meal and snack on fruits). Cleared a lot of my skin. I lost a lot of weight doing this (went from 170 to 150 in a year) and left me very skinny (im 6 feet btw).

I was craving some bakery bread so I decided to treat myself I ate 3 pastries from the bakery about 1000 calories, walked to the bakery to get it and ate it while walking on the way back (total 30 minute walk). When I came home, my face did not feel irrtated at all, felt dry, looked in the mirror and behold my face was the same as when I left no pimples.

I knew for sure this would have broken me out if I ate it sitting down at my table watching tv. Im the type of person that 1 slice of pizza or one piece of chocolate will break me out. How can this be??? I have to try to experiment with this more.

anyone have any experience with this.????

Should acne sufferers eat all meals walking a permanent solution?

Any theories on why this happened?

Is it because of the cold? It cuts off circulation to my face and walking increases circulation to the rest of the body?

By the way I don't try this if you have a fat gut and can't move while eating you might throw up. Some people like me are okay with although not the most comfortable.

MemberMember
(@username22)

Posted : 12/22/2012 12:03 am

you expected to break out in 30 minutes? seems quick to me, how were you the following morning?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/22/2012 12:06 pm

Moving around burns stored energy so your cells can take in more of the excessive amounts of sugar in processed foods. Amounts that you'd rarely be able to consume if you stuck to real food the way we are meant to.

And the only way you'd break ot that fast is if you ingest something you are allergic to.

MemberMember
(@chillman266)

Posted : 12/23/2012 5:40 pm

you expected to break out in 30 minutes? seems quick to me, how were you the following morning?

The following day, I did notice some new bumps but vey minor stuff.

Moving around burns stored energy so your cells can take in more of the excessive amounts of sugar in processed foods. Amounts that you'd rarely be able to consume if you stuck to real food the way we are meant to.

And the only way you'd break ot that fast is if you ingest something you are allergic to.

My pimples do come really fast, within 30 minutes of eating or during eating usually any high fat, high carb, regardless if there "healthy" or not.

and yes that's why it is confusing me. walking does not burn that much calories, had I eaten those pastry breads under sedentary conditions, I am sure I would have had one pimple, the calories in vs calories out makes no sense.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/23/2012 5:50 pm

A better solution will be to increase ur digestion power maybe by having ACV, lime water, zinc + b-complex, probiotics etc.

MemberMember
(@chillman266)

Posted : 12/26/2012 8:24 am

guys look at some of the research coming out.... we all know high carb/sugar meal=large insulin spike=breakouts that is a scientific fact...

from diabetes control [Removed]:

The participants walked after two of their daily meals and sat after a randomly designated third meal. When walking, they walked and rested in intervals, moving for 33.5 minutes and sitting for 26.5 minutes. In total, the participants walked for five to six hours every day at 1.9 kmph (1.2 mph), for a total of roughly 5.6-6.7 km (3.5-4.2 miles) in each 24 hour period.

The researchers reported data for the glucose measurements taken 4.5 hours after eating. At that interval, healthy people had a 113% increase in glucose levels after inactivity compared to when they walked (p=0.024). Their incremental glucose area above basal was 4.5 mmol/L at 270 minutes with exercise and 9.6 mmol/L at 270 minutes after inactivity.

that's 4.5 hours after eating, say you walk after a big dinner, that could possible cut your night breakouts in HALF.

I have been experimenting with this a little on my self, I have been eating the worst crap lately but have not been getting cystic stuff while I still get minor bumps. like I jused to I have been doing it while:

A: eating while walking

or

B: walking right after I eat it.

We are talking 5000+ calories here too lol

Of course this is all anecdotal.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/27/2012 10:23 pm

My pimples do come really fast, within 30 minutes of eating or during eating usually any high fat, high carb, regardless if there "healthy" or not.

and yes that's why it is confusing me. walking does not burn that much calories, had I eaten those pastry breads under sedentary conditions, I am sure I would have had one pimple, the calories in vs calories out makes no sense.

If you break out that fast after eating, you are probably eating something to which you are intolerant. Elevated insulin doesn't cause pimples to form. It causes many events that lead to oily skin, sticky sebum, hyper keratinization and hyper proliferation of malformed skin cells that don't shed properly and so clog pores. But that all takes time.

And calories, shmalories. Low intensity activity like walking is the kind our systems re deigned to fuel. We ar supposed to move around for much of the day, every day.

MemberMember
(@chillman266)

Posted : 12/29/2012 4:22 pm

If you break out that fast after eating, you are probably eating something to which you are intolerant. Elevated insulin doesn't cause pimples to form. It causes many events that lead to oily skin, sticky sebum, hyper keratinization and hyper proliferation of malformed skin cells that don't shed properly and so clog pores. But that all takes time.

And calories, shmalories. Low intensity activity like walking is the kind our systems re deigned to fuel. We ar supposed to move around for much of the day, every day.

I don't know what your problem is but everytime you post you have an argumentative attitude towards people, this is a support please show a little sensitivity towards my issue. I know when I break out for a fact, I keep a food journal and i am very sensitive towards my skin. I would like to know more of why elevated insulin doesn't cause pimples? insulin=hormones=pimples. I thought that was the whole premise of diet and acne connection?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/29/2012 5:01 pm

I don't know what your problem is but everytime you post you have an argumentative attitude towards people, this is a support please show a little sensitivity towards my issue. I know when I break out for a fact, I keep a food journal and i am very sensitive towards my skin. I would like to know more of why elevated insulin doesn't cause pimples? insulin=hormones=pimples. I thought that was the whole premise of diet and acne connection?

Yes, insulin stimulates hormones and inflammation and those things lead to pimples. But not in thirty minutes. Since you don't lie my posts I guess someone else will have to explain how acne forms to you.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 12/30/2012 1:51 am

Being informative and being argumentative are 2 different things, it's only an argument if one side don't agree, and you'll most likely not agree when you have not understood or researched it completely. What she is saying is right, I can definitely correlate. Sometimes if I were to consume high amounts of sugar, I would have an increased oil production but not a breakout. Your gut health plays a big role in this whole process as well.

MemberMember
(@chillman266)

Posted : 12/30/2012 9:40 am

Being informative and being argumentative are 2 different things, it's only an argument if one side don't agree, and you'll most likely not agree when you have not understood or researched it completely. What she is saying is right, I can definitely correlate. Sometimes if I were to consume high amounts of sugar, I would have an increased oil production but not a breakout. Your gut health plays a big role in this whole process as well.

I think the sedentary lifestyle compromises ability to digest carbs and fats, I think this forum tends to underate that fact. We are always looking for the next vitamin or natural product supplement that can cure us but the effects of those supplements might be pale in comparison to getting rid of a sedentary lifestyle. What alternavista says is right: all day movment. I am saying if you had to choose when to move, post meal would be the best.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/03/2013 6:13 am

Do all fats break you out (i.e. clarified butter, olive oil, coconut oil, animal fat), or only vegetable oils (omega 6 rich oils)?

MemberMember
(@chillman266)

Posted : 01/07/2013 7:40 pm

hey just tried it this junk food still makes me break out regardless of activity, I just think that they are too dense in terms of calories and spike your glucose way too fast. As far as fats, I would limit them and stick to lowfat food although saturated fats are okay because they break down fast. It really depends on person to person really. Hell, bread used to break me out bad but now that I hike every weekend, I crush about three peanut butter sandwiches while i walk and my skin doesn't feel irritated at all.

walking during/after eating seems to work better than walking before. I used to workout and eat after and sit=breakouts. you have to shuttle the foods more efficiently into your body.