Notifications
Clear all

The All New Acne.org

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 12/20/2012 7:33 pm

Hey Everybody. We just launched the new Acne.org which works on desktop or mobile and has a cleaner layout, new information on a bunch of pages, more streamlined reviews, etc. etc. Enjoy it and if you find any bugs, please let us know by replying in this thread. But be nice, we have been working day and night for months on this! smile.png

Thanks!

Edit Paul

Just for reference guys, this is how it should look. If you see anything majorly different, please post and let us know. Please include the issue, your browser and a screenshot if you're able to.

post-22514-0-22040000-1356069927_thumb.p

post-22514-0-22040000-1356069927_thumb.p

MemberMember
(@thatguy793)

Posted : 12/20/2012 7:40 pm

Sweetness!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/20/2012 7:57 pm

I think it'll grow on me. :)

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 12/20/2012 8:00 pm

If you guys can give the website a good thrashing, we'd very much appreciate it. Via both desktop and mobile.

The new reviews section is really awesome, be sure to check that out.

Looking forward to all your feedback.

MemberMember
(@theassassin)

Posted : 12/20/2012 8:02 pm

Maybe I am just an idiot (most likely), but how does one log out?

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 12/20/2012 8:35 pm

you can't ant. You're in this shit for life.

and at the risk of furthering the perception that I am a bitch; seriously?? ANOTHER reformatting? Perhaps the last 5 vets will finally leave.

also: If you click "change theme" on the bottom left, then select "IP Board" you will revert to the prior formatting, log out button intact.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/20/2012 8:37 pm

I like the new layout for the webpage, it has a more of a cleaner, slick look to it. Question: is there a way to still check your notifications? I really liked that feature.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/20/2012 8:47 pm

Where's the "New Content" button that was on the top toolbar? =S

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 12/20/2012 9:08 pm

You're all making some great points. We will be working on getting back any lost functionality over the next few days. Great job guys, thanks.

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 12/20/2012 10:40 pm

You're all making some great points. We will be working on getting back any lost functionality over the next few days. Great job guys, thanks.

Logout button added.

you can't ant. You're in this shit for life.

and at the risk of furthering the perception that I am a bitch; seriously?? ANOTHER reformatting? Perhaps the last 5 vets will finally leave.

also: If you click "change theme" on the bottom left, then select "IP Board" you will revert to the prior formatting, log out button intact.

Surprising you should say that. As Acne.org has been the same design for many, many years. The only exception is upgrading the message boards to the latest version, to ensure they're secure.

When you look at websites such as Facebook, Google, Twitter etc, that change almost daily, Acne.org hasn't changed much at all over the years.

The inspiration for us to redesign the website, was due to the huge number of mobile visitors we get. It was important to cater for them.

If there's something specific you don't like, please let us know and we can look in to it.

What? We must be on different orgs. Acne dot org is vastly different from the other social networks because, well, it's not a social network. The longevity of the users here drops with every new board change.

You and I both know the security patches have zilch to do with the appearance. Hence my being able to post from the old version as I type this.

Whatever, ain't my board, I ain't care.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 12/20/2012 11:21 pm

Where are notifications? Is that still a feature?

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 12/20/2012 11:41 pm

You and I both know the security patches have zilch to do with the appearance. Hence my being able to post from the old version as I type this.

It's not as simple as security patches.

Invision power board, the forum software that Acne.org uses, sometimes has minor updates and other times major. Major upgrades often introduce new features and alter visuals. If we don't keep up with the latest versions, we're vulnerable.

Invision don't continue to support old versions forever.

Our aim with this current version, is to improve the user experience on both desktop and mobile and thus increase activity on the forum. I'm confident we'll achieve that. We just have a few early issues to resolve.

If you could be so kind as to elaborate on what you hate so much, it would certainly help.

Well spotted. Fixed :)

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 12/20/2012 11:56 pm

I'm liking what the update as done for mobile - i think it's easier to navigate the whole site now and get to things like the review section. Yet to see the full/computer version but so far, so good :)

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 12/21/2012 12:09 am

Why not make the bars that are now black, blue? Or change the text in them to white...or something? As now it doesn't work. I'm referring to the black bars that indicate the different sections. They don't work visually, if you ask me.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 12/21/2012 12:54 am

Lapis, that was a bug in internet explorer. Sorry about that. It should be fixed now. It was supposed to be light grey.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 12/21/2012 1:49 am

Yes, I can see them as light grey now. Looks so much better!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 12/21/2012 7:20 am

Maybe im just not seeing it but is there a way to log in on mobile directly from the home page? Before i logged in after going through the message board

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 12/21/2012 9:46 am

I access the site from my iPad and am having a little trouble with the new site. It's possible it's my iPad, but it kicks me out periodically when trying to load pages. Additionally I no longer can see the main menu to access reviews and other pages (seem to only see the message board).

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 12/21/2012 10:50 am

Yes, i too am wondering where they went

Surprising you should say that. As Acne.org has been the same design for many, many years. The only exception is upgrading the message boards to the latest version, to ensure they're secure.

I believe it was a year ago, or maybe two when the org got a facelift. There were very noticeable changes made. Such as the 'like' option, notifications, and the general design appearance.

Also would love to know when the notifications icon at the top is coming back

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 12/21/2012 12:50 pm

I access the site from my iPad and am having a little trouble with the new site. It's possible it's my iPad, but it kicks me out periodically when trying to load pages. Additionally I no longer can see the main menu to access reviews and other pages (seem to only see the message board).

When you say kicks you out, could you explain what happens?

Via iPad, depending on which version, you might see a little icon in top right, which will expand the menu.

Maybe im just not seeing it but is there a way to log in on mobile directly from the home page? Before i logged in after going through the message board

Click signup and you'll be presented with extra options, such as login.

Yes, i too am wondering where they went

I believe it was a year ago, or maybe two when the org got a facelift. There were very noticeable changes made. Such as the 'like' option, notifications, and the general design appearance.

Also would love to know when the notifications icon at the top is coming back

Notifications will be back ASAP! I too am missing them.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 12/21/2012 1:16 pm

I've added an icon for notifications, new messages and new content. Let me know if you have any issues with them.

Thanks guys :)

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/21/2012 2:18 pm

I've added an icon for notifications, new messages and new content. Let me know if you have any issues with them.

Thanks guys smile.png

New Content seems to be broken. Only shows one post.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 12/21/2012 2:57 pm

The notification icon only seems to show up when you read a thread. It doesn't show up when you are on the, I suppose you'd call it the page where you see the overview of all the forums. Or the main page of the message boards.

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 12/21/2012 5:21 pm

Thanks. On the top left I had an icon that expanded everything.

The safari browser was just shutting down on me...it usually happened while a page was loading. It hasn't happened for a bit, so it could have just been random. Not sure. I will let you know if it continues.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 12/21/2012 5:27 pm

The notification icon only seems to show up when you read a thread. It doesn't show up when you are on the, I suppose you'd call it the page where you see the overview of all the forums. Or the main page of the message boards.

The new content hasn't changed. It's the same code as usual. I get a ton when I click it. Maybe there is only 1 new post since you last checked?