Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TryingToMakeIt

(Pics) What Type Do I Have?

Hello. I just want to say: I've never taken pics this close-up to my face...now that I have I'm thinking, "Wow. This is what people see everyday?" It's got me really down, not gonna lie.

Anyway, after a big breath of courage, I'm posting pics. Pretty self-conscience about it.

Can you tell me what kind I have & what you think would be best to do?

Thank-you. Pictures attached. Forehead, cheeks. You'll have to turn your head sideways, sorry.

post-192746-0-20170300-1355986007_thumb.

post-192746-0-85338400-1355986020_thumb.

post-192746-0-83456000-1355986031_thumb.

post-192746-0-11606600-1355986046_thumb.

post-192746-0-20170300-1355986007_thumb.

post-192746-0-85338400-1355986020_thumb.

post-192746-0-83456000-1355986031_thumb.

post-192746-0-11606600-1355986046_thumb.

Edited by TryingToMakeIt

Hey it seems like you have only have red marks which will fade in time. I used to have alot of red marks and apple cider vinegar and lemon juice faded most of my marks. I think your acne is diet related. Hows your diet? Hang in there though don't lose hope.

My diet? Not the best. I eat like 1-2 times a day, and the rest is snack food like Goldfish, Chinese food, pretzels, Domino's pizza. Not good stuff. I hardly ever drink water simpy because my body like rejects it. I can swallow it, but I hate the taste of it, no matter what kind I drink. I'm slowly getting better w/ water, though.

My diet? Not the best. I eat like 1-2 times a day, and the rest is snack food like Goldfish, Chinese food, pretzels, Domino's pizza. Not good stuff. I hardly ever drink water simpy because my body like rejects it. I can swallow it, but I hate the taste of it, no matter what kind I drink. I'm slowly getting better w/ water, though.

Yeah I would clean up the diet for about an month. Try cutting out the junk food like chips and soda and replace it with alot of fruits, veggies, and fish. I'm glad you getting used to drinking water because it will hydrate your skin. People that are prone to acne like you and me can't eat the same thing that people without acne eat. I know because whenever I eat potato chips and drink soda I breakout the next couple of days. Also check out the reviews for ACV and lemon juice I think it will reduce the redness and it is perfect for the marks you currently have.

It's hard to tell from the photos but if you have active breakouts you should try something topical in conjunction with a cleaner diet. Topical being either a Benzoyl Peroxide treatment, Salicylic Acid treatment, or something prescribed from a Derm (not all treatments at once though!). Hope that helps! smile.png

Edited by paulinarae

What would be a good diet? For breakfast, lunch, & dinner? I been eating a lot of oranges lately & I drink a lot of juice (cranberry, pomegranate, orange juice).

Also check out the reviews for ACV and lemon juice I think it will reduce the redness and it is perfect for the marks you currently have.

Sorry for double posting, but how should I apply ACV & lemon juice? Together? A spoonful? Etc

Also check out the reviews for ACV and lemon juice I think it will reduce the redness and it is perfect for the marks you currently have.

Sorry for double posting, but how should I apply ACV & lemon juice? Together? A spoonful? Etc

Only apply one at a time. You could use ACV for about one month and if it doesn't work try lemon juice the next month.

ACV- Buy the organic bragg version. You can find a bottle for about 4-5 dollars at whole foods. Mix water and ACV together in a cup because you don't want to apply ACV straight up it will burn your face. Use a cotton ball/pad and apply to face. Leave it on for 10-15 min and rinse it off. You can moisturize after if your skin get dry.

Lemon Juice- Buy fresh lemons and cut it in half. You can just rub the lemon on your face or squeeze the juice into a cup and apply it with a cotton ball/pad. Make sure your face is wet before applying lemon to your face. Leave it on for 10-15 min and rinse it off.

You can use both everyday but it all depend on your skin. If your skin can handle it by all means keep doing it. When your skin get rough and tight then you are doing too much and you should take like an week off for your skin to recover.

Thank-you. I will try this as soon as I can get a hold of ACV & lemons. Hm...would eating salads be good? I am eating one right now when I could have gotten a cheesesteak or cheeseburger that I oh-so wanted ha. Has shredded white&yellow cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, chicken, chopped up egg, and ranch dressing. Could I live on salad for a month? And do you think the red bumps will go away too w/ the new diet & ACV/lemon juice?

This might not be cheap but if you buy in bulk its cheap. Epsom salt just fill the sink with hot water. Quite hot tbh but don't burn your face off. Iv been doing this two and a half weeks not full on twice a day though otherwise id have much better results but my results are quite amazing. Its like you suddenly stop getting new spots although you will get them in the already affected area because whatever is under you skin must come out. But the epsom salts heal the breakout really really fast anyway. Iv done this as a facemask and iv done it by splashing a very high concentration on face but iv had best results by far by soaking in 200g in a sink filled with hot water for 20-30 mins there is science behind this its sucks out infections. Toxins and all that stuff cba going into it but please try this. Personal message me for more information. Btw am not foreign am British but i can't type properly on this phone lmao

U definitely need to change ur diet. Cola, caffeine, alcohol, refined sugar, junk food, chocolate etc. are acne triggers. Eat foods rich in vitamin A, C, E and zinc. Also go to a derm and get topicals. Instead of fruit juices have vegetable juice and start doing hardcore yoga. check the nuitrition section to learn more about diet.

There's like nothing else in my house but junk. Only oranges & I guess chicken noodle soup would be healthiest things in my home.

Edit:

So, I'll definitely change my diet and eat fruits & vegetables only, and thinks with high vitamin A, E, etc. Now...should I be doing the Epsom salt suggestion or the original ACV/lemon juice suggestion? & how should I wash my face? I typically wash my hands, then get warm water cupped in my hands & splash and hold it on my cheeks a few times. Same w/ forehead & neck

Edited by TryingToMakeIt

Had same skin as yours. I cut that junk out and took good care of my skin, 11 months later, my skin is what some would die for.

Change up your diet if you really want to get rid of the acne.

Haven't eaten any junk today. It's soooo hard to not eat it though since that's all we currently have. All I've eaten today is 2 oranges and scrambled eggs just now. Is that healthy?

Haven't eaten any junk today. It's soooo hard to not eat it though since that's all we currently have. All I've eaten today is 2 oranges and scrambled eggs just now. Is that healthy?

Well, healthy eating might be difficult for some because it is slightly more expensive.

Healthy foods to eat:

Oatmeal (without the paragraph long ingredients list)

Egg whites (less yolk, the better)

Vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, peas, potatos, peppers, kale, lettuce, etc)

Fruits (oranges, apples, blueberries, pears, etc)

Fish (almost is a MUST due to the fatty acids that decrease bodily inflammation and aid in skin renewal)

Meats (unprocessed. turkey, chicken, filet mignon, etc)

Avoid MILK/Dairy and Breads (so bad!)

And drink a lot of water to cleanse your system. If you don't drink water, less toxins are excreted. And what happens? Bodily imbalance + they're excreted through the skin = acne.

Just avoid sugary foods and foods with very lengthy ingredient lists bc they are likely to not be healthy.

Try 1 week of being clean, and see how it goes. It isn't easy. But for me, after having 4-5 cystic inflammed pimples all lined up on my chin I finally had to suck it up and give up the food that "tastes good" for the benefit of my own future. After I did that, it really changed my skin. I am now very thankful that I decided to change back then.

It really comes down to how badly you want to get rid of acne. After about 7 months of suffering, I really concluded enough was enough.

Edited by SteamRoom

I been suffering a good 5 years. Gotten worse over the years, I guess since I'd never eat straight up healthy. Now, when you say to eat "fish," can that be canned sardines? Avoid milk? So, I can't add milk to my oatmeal? This is gonna be a sucky month ha. I was beyond tempted to start eating a fresh, unopened bag of Doritos today...but I said nahh

Edit: For some reason, I can't imagine my redness/acne going away just from eating right, I don't know why. I'll give it a month or so

Edited by TryingToMakeIt

Lemon Juice- Buy fresh lemons and cut it in half. You can just rub the lemon on your face or squeeze the juice into a cup and apply it with a cotton ball/pad. Make sure your face is wet before applying lemon to your face. Leave it on for 10-15 min and rinse it off.

1)Is this lemon juice fine?

http://www.gettingmoreawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/lemon-juice-bottle.jpeg

2)I read on a site I can leave the juice on overnight & wash face in morning. Is that good?

http://www.gettingmo...ice-bottle.jpeg

2)I read on a site I can leave the juice on overnight & wash face in morning. Is that good?

I never used lemon juice in a bottle before so I don't know for sure. But I am pretty sure that as long as the lemon juice is organic it is fine. Well it is all about experimenting what is right for you so I can't say it is good or bad.

I been suffering a good 5 years. Gotten worse over the years, I guess since I'd never eat straight up healthy. Now, when you say to eat "fish," can that be canned sardines? Avoid milk? So, I can't add milk to my oatmeal? This is gonna be a sucky month ha. I was beyond tempted to start eating a fresh, unopened bag of Doritos today...but I said nahh

Edit: For some reason, I can't imagine my redness/acne going away just from eating right, I don't know why. I'll give it a month or so

Hah, I didn't believe that there was a connection between foods and acne. I thought it was nonsense. Then I just got tired of eating chocolate and I noticed that a week later the pimples I had reduced in count. I thought why and concluded it was chocolate.

From then on I just kind of started reducing the bad foods.

By fish I mean like the ones you buy by the pound. Not the ones in plastic wrap that you pick off of the shelf. I eat sardines too, but they are unsalted. Salt is considered an irritant of acne.

It takes time man, just start slow. Took me forever to kick out PB and J bc it was too good. Eventually I did it, and now I am where I want to be. Your will basically has to surpass your urges.

http://www.gettingmo...ice-bottle.jpeg

I never used lemon juice in a bottle before so I don't know for sure. But I am pretty sure that as long as the lemon juice is organic it is fine. Well it is all about experimenting what is right for you so I can't say it is good or bad.

Gotcha. I put it on last night via cotton ball. It made parts of my face itch 10mins later, so I put moisturizer over my face and it was fine. Day 2 of eating healthy complete.