Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dave666

Had my derm appointment today

Well finally had my appointment today with Dr Michael Freeman (located on the Gold Coast, Australia) and he suggested 2 subcisions and v-beam, which is exactly what i was thinking. So i'm booked in for my first subcision on the 28th october, i'll also be getting a small area of v-beam done (cheeks and nose i think), and a cortisone shot for the lump on my forehead. I wahappy with their service and also their pricing: $250 per subcision treatment and $250 per v-beam treatment, they said they'd treat me for $400 seeing i'm getting them both done at the same time.

A few other things worth noting: He said there would be no real downtime for the subcision (i think he only uses a really thin needle and probably goes pretty gently with it by the sound of things). He also said he'd prefer to do v-beam after both subcisions were done (on my scarred areas) so that's why i'm only getting my cheeks/nose done the first time. I also asked him about getting rid of my freckles using laser, and he thinks the ones on my face are actually moles and not freckles and said the laser doesn't work as well on moles but we could do a spot test, which hopefully i'll be getting done next time i see him. Also both Dr. Freeman and the nurse lady were impressed by my knowledge on scar revision (which i owe all to this board and you guys), in fact the nurse said i was the first person she'd spoken to that actually knew what subcision was...

Well that's about it, if anyone has any questions/comments, fire away.

Cheers, Dave.

Knowledge is power. eusa_clap.gif You could ask him (for your own sake) if he could do smoothbeam instead of v-beam, since there are some studies that have been done that prove it can help. Vbeam is approved for vascular treatments, if I'm not mistaken. I hope things go well for you.

Thanks guys. I don't think he has smoothbeam, i meant to ask but forgot. He said that v-beam stimulates collagen, but i've never heard of it doing much for acne scars myself, what do tou guys reckon?

i m not too sure but i think v-beam is similar to N-lite ...

or IPL ?

http://www.geocities.com/mgargi2002/

this guy on the webpage had subcision with n-lite (which stimulates collagen)

and had really good results.. (checkout the photos)

also this is what he told me thru email ages ago...

Subcision by itself would probably have not produced the very good results I got from my treatment. Subcision breaks up the scar tissue that causes the skin to appear pitted. The problem is that if new collagen does not grow underneath a scar to fill it in when the newly loosened skin settles down the scar will remain but maybe not as deep as before. My treatment included N-Lite laser therapy which stimulated collagen to grow in the areas where the scars were. It worked. The new collagen filled in the scars and my skin improved dramatically. If fact my scars continued to fill in for a long time after the completion of the treatment.

If you do subcision again I’d recommend the follow up N-Lite treatment like I had. I have no other treatments other than the subcision / N-Lite combo. I’d rate the improvement about 75%. I still have scars but they are much less shallow than they used to be. My scars have not gotten worse over time. The maximum improvement was noticed after the first year and it has remained the same since then.

Regards,

Micheal

personally i have had subcision 2 years ago (subcison only) ... and the result were ...

2 scars improved 80%

4scars improved 50%

3 scars 30%

and 7-8 scars didnt improved at all wacko.gif

aw i m going to do the needling and tca cross with remaining scars ...end of this year ... i ll let you guys know the progress ... biggrin.gif

thanks for that info mate. I guess i'm mainly using the v-beam laser to reduce my redness, but hopefully it can stimulate some collagen as well..

tomorrowneverknows - do you know what type of needle was used to do your subcision? (i assume you only had one treatment?) and what was the swelling/bruising like and were the results permanent? Thanks.

no i dont know what kind of needle ..nor what it looks like .... but i heard noker needle is what they normally use ...

and with the swelling ... from my experience .. if the swelling stays for like 30days ... then thats a good sign , if the swelling goes away within first of the weeks and you see the scars reappeared then.. it might indicate that subcision didnt worked on that scar ...

and with the result ... about 40% of scars re appeared and 60% were permenant ...

also ... its good to sleep early... say 10 pm ... try not to stay up late after having subcison ... i heard skin regenerate at hours of 10pm to 2 am

(just think that your a year 8 studnet) lol.gif

good luck ...

also ... its good to sleep early... say 10 pm ... try not to stay up late after having subcison ... i heard skin regenerate at hours of 10pm to 2 am

also ... its good to sleep early...  say 10 pm ...  try not to stay up late after having subcison ...      i heard  skin regenerate  at hours of 10pm to 2 am

(just think that your a year 8 studnet) lol.gif

good luck  ...

Good luck dave, im following your progress closely. If you experience significant results i might just head up the coast myself!