Notifications
Clear all

When 70% Of America...

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 12/16/2012 3:17 pm

say they are unhappy in the workplace, if a normal person has a hard time dealing with it. i can only imagine what people with acne have to go threw.. im 19 years old so for me i can only go out for the typical teenager job like a cashier, baggage boy ect. all of which invoke having to have constant contact with other people and on top of that im suppose to have a smile too? really man... REALLY? i mean people can't honestly expect me to have a fake ass smile all the time can they? on top of my self esteem issues, i have to deal with the whole hierarchy bull shit that goes on in most jobs. im a laid back guy and it takes a lot to piss me off but man does finding and then keeping a crap job suck ass or what? i think acne should count as a disability man, it definitely affect's you like one if it's bad enough...

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/16/2012 3:20 pm

I stopped having jobs like that for the exact reasons you listed. I did them all throughout my twenties, often with severe acne. It was horrible. I'm 30 and now I clean houses (there isn't a lot of human contact usually) and work from home as a writer. I hate having to see my acne in people's mirrors as I clean, but at least I don't have to talk to anyone (most people don't seem too interested in chatting with the maid anyway). Working from home is the best. Pursuing a job as a freelance writer is one of the best things I ever did.

Acne is definitely a disability. But there are plenty of jobs where you don't have to work with the public if you don't want to.

MemberMember
(@aadaastra)

Posted : 12/16/2012 3:41 pm

i am almost 30 and i work with people 50% of my time.. it is hard.. but hey, you cant hide forever... for girls it is easier, there is make up)))) thanks god!

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 12/16/2012 8:24 pm

I hate my job, I hate my face, I'm not sane, far from it.

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 12/16/2012 11:01 pm

I hate my job, I hate my face, I'm not sane, far from it.

dude come on? be happy! after everything that's been happening lately, just be happy to be alive....

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/17/2012 5:08 am

say they are unhappy in the workplace, if a normal person has a hard time dealing with it. i can only imagine what people with acne have to go threw.. im 19 years old so for me i can only go out for the typical teenager job like a cashier, baggage boy ect. all of which invoke having to have constant contact with other people and on top of that im suppose to have a smile too? really man... REALLY? i mean people can't honestly expect me to have a fake ass smile all the time can they? on top of my self esteem issues, i have to deal with the whole hierarchy bull shit that goes on in most jobs. im a laid back guy and it takes a lot to piss me off but man does finding and then keeping a crap job suck ass or what? i think acne should count as a disability man, it definitely affect's you like one if it's bad enough...

I hear what you're saying having gone through the same in my late teens.

However it is down to you to fix you.

Most of us work jobs we hate to pay for the crap we don't need. I enjoy my job at times and other times i hate it, but what keeps me sane is the friendships i have my work mates.

They don't care if i walk in with giant spots on my face or not and you know why? Because i don't care. If i don't care then that's what other people will think as well.

It is easier than done i know but you need to try and get to a point where you think......

I am human, no i am not perfect, i don't have perfect skin, i am not rich, nor am i anyone's hero or savior. I am me, take it or leave. Don't like it then there is the door, take care now by by then. lol

If you accept that you are just as imperfect as the rest of us then you will realize you're just as normal.

All the best.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 12/17/2012 6:35 am

Most of us work jobs we hate to pay for the crap we don't need

Dat fight club reference.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/17/2012 7:38 am

Most of us work jobs we hate to pay for the crap we don't need

Dat fight club reference.

lol it is but fight club ripped it off.

Very old saying indeed biggrin.png

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 12/17/2012 5:52 pm

aw cmon your acne cant be bad enough to be a disability. and any job involves human contact, youre going to have to deal with people at some point, but yeah being a cashier or waiter or working in retail probably deals with people a lot. but youre eventually going to have to talk to people.

anyways, sorry to burst your bubble (lulz) but youre really not disabled. everyone has to deal with all that shit, some people are physically perfect but are missing things in the personality department, others have other insecurities, etc. i mean would you rather be morbidly obese and have perfect skin? i dont even know what im saying lol. the point is, dont use acne as an excuse to hide behind. im not like pointing fingers or accusing you or anything, pretty much everyone on this website has this problem. but yeah dont use acne as a crutch, you actually feel a lot better when you put acne aside and focus on the stuff in life that matter more :D

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 12/17/2012 6:08 pm

i mean would you rather be morbidly obese and have perfect skin? i dont even know what im saying lol.

lol That made me laugh.

Yeah... I hate the hierachy BS as well. Some offices are like playgrounds. *shudders* I don't know what the situation is where you live (I heard Dr. Phil say once that if you don't work in the USA, you die (so to speak)) but here I think a lot of people can take the time to look for a place that suits them. And that's a good thing. Don't end up miserable when you don't have to. Sure the acne thing is unfortunate. I'm not saying anything about that. But as far as work is concerned be careful. As going somewhere where you don't fit in or feel good damages you in the long run.

Don't know how relevant my post is to the topic but it was late while I was replying so I was a bit tired. lol

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/21/2012 11:34 pm

If the guy with two legs shot off can work at Wal-Mart and have a goddamn smile on his face, so can I.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/22/2012 3:50 pm

Acne can be a disability when it's severe enough. I have gone through stages of getting acne so bad I couldn't eat because chewing my food was so painful. At one point my acne was so severe and would never heal that I started getting staph infections in my breakouts...those infections started spreading to my blood and I was really sick for a long time, taking courses of antibiotics to get it better. I was disfigured to the point where my boss was pulling me aside and saying that everyone was concerned and customers were starting to notice... I was let go not long after that.

Acne can definitely be a disability. Anything that causes such severe pain (both emotional and physical) and causes you to be pulled aside at work so people can express their concerns about your health is a disability, as far as I'm concerned.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 12/22/2012 5:08 pm

Acne can be a disability when it's severe enough. I have gone through stages of getting acne so bad I couldn't eat because chewing my food was so painful. At one point my acne was so severe and would never heal that I started getting staph infections in my breakouts...those infections started spreading to my blood and I was really sick for a long time, taking courses of antibiotics to get it better. I was disfigured to the point where my boss was pulling me aside and saying that everyone was concerned and customers were starting to notice... I was let go not long after that.

Acne can definitely be a disability. Anything that causes such severe pain (both emotional and physical) and causes you to be pulled aside at work so people can express their concerns about your health is a disability, as far as I'm concerned.

I absolutely agree with this whole statement.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 12/24/2012 1:36 pm

If the guy with two legs shot off can work at Wal-Mart and have a goddamn smile on his face, so can I.

people have more sympathy for the guy with no legs then for a guy with acne... it's not the same. people look at him and think "aww how tragic", they look at me and think "lol how ugly"

MemberMember
(@crimeinpartner)

Posted : 12/24/2012 1:49 pm

people have more sympathy for the guy with no legs then for a guy with acne... it's not the same. people look at him and think "aww how tragic", they look at me and think "lol how ugly"

There was this one time a girl without an arm passed beside me and said eww i almost said something horrible, but i would have regretted it and there were too many people around to hear lol

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 12/28/2012 5:30 am

There was this one time a girl without an arm passed beside me and said eww i almost said something horrible, but i would have regretted it and there were too many people around to hear lol

What? you serious i'd expect something like that from an average person but she should absolutely know better. this is what im talking about people just don't give a dame & i wish i could say its a rare thing but in reality it's common. hell one of the biggest threads ever is chop full of examples like these just sad really