Notifications
Clear all

Scarred And Enlarged Pores (With Photos).... Any Suggestions

MemberMember
(@patrick6)

Posted : 12/16/2012 7:14 am

Hey guys

Do you have any suggestions about what treatment would be affective for these scars if any????

post-192471-0-24894500-1355659981_thumb.

post-192471-0-48244500-1355660004_thumb.

post-192471-0-96675800-1355660081_thumb.

post-192471-0-24894500-1355659981_thumb.

post-192471-0-48244500-1355660004_thumb.

post-192471-0-96675800-1355660081_thumb.

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 12/16/2012 7:27 am

Lasers are typically the mainstay for scar treatment. I would go to a good cosmetic dermatologist and seek advice of which type of laser would be appropriate for you.

MemberMember
(@fullofgrace)

Posted : 12/16/2012 7:52 am

try argan oil...

MemberMember
(@patrick6)

Posted : 12/16/2012 10:36 am

I have read very mixed information on laser treatment and im not sure the risks would outweigh the benifits for me ?

Does anyone know if derma stamping would be affective on this type of scarring?

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 12/17/2012 2:59 am

I have read very mixed information on laser treatment and im not sure the risks would outweigh the benifits for me ?

Does anyone know if derma stamping would be affective on this type of scarring?

In my opinion lasers wouldn't be something I'd look at for your scarring. You only have mild scarring/enlarged pores so a laser treatment would be both expensive and possibly too invasive for you. Dermarolling would be a much better option for you, not sure about the Dermastamp though as that's usually reserved for isolated scars and not a whole face treatment.

Other things that might help would be chemical peels but again these are pretty harsh. Have you looked into the Dermaroller? :)

MemberMember
(@scars4life)

Posted : 12/17/2012 3:43 am

Stay away from lasers and dermarollers, that is all.

I'm not gonna write a paragraph detailing why, so just look up my posts or something.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 12/17/2012 7:14 am

Scars4Life, perhaps you should elaborate to save the original poster having to chase down your threads. Telling people to stay away from something generally doesn't help them decide what to do unless you provide your reasons.

I have had 5 Fraxed Re:Store treatments and 4 Dermaroller treatments with no long term side effects/complaints. My results speak for themselves.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 12/17/2012 9:32 am

Scars4Life, perhaps you should elaborate to save the original poster having to chase down your threads. Telling people to stay away from something generally doesn't help them decide what to do unless you provide your reasons.

I have had 5 Fraxed Re:Store treatments and 4 Dermaroller treatments with no long term side effects/complaints. My results speak for themselves.

What would you say to the effect of Fraxel Re:Store vs Dermarolling on your acne scarring? I would say OP has very mild scarring, maybe enlarged or scarred pores, just texture issues. Did laser or Dermarolling help with that? I would recommend Retin-A, but I know ice-pick type scarring is the hardest to treat.

MemberMember
(@patrick6)

Posted : 12/17/2012 10:56 am

What would you say to the effect of Fraxel Re:Store vs Dermarolling on your acne scarring? I would say OP has very mild scarring, maybe enlarged or scarred pores, just texture issues. Did laser or Dermarolling help with that? I would recommend Retin-A, but I know ice-pick type scarring is the hardest to treat.

Hi Starlite, would Retin-A treat the scarring or just keep the skin clear ? have you used it yourself ?

Stay away from lasers and dermarollers, that is all.

I'm not gonna write a paragraph detailing why, so just look up my posts or something.

Scars4life what was your negative experience with lasers and dermarolling? Can you provide a link if you have wrote about them in a different post please.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 12/17/2012 11:03 am

Retin-A can do both. I have a friend who used Retin-A for a year or two and the superficial scars around her chin disappeared. The type of scarring you have, however, is more like ice pick scarring, which is difficult to treat. Usually, as the scar becomes more superficial, the edges will soften, but the scar will become wider.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not sure. It's certainly worth a try.

MemberMember
(@patrick6)

Posted : 12/17/2012 11:25 am

Retin-A can do both. I have a friend who used Retin-A for a year or two and the superficial scars around her chin disappeared. The type of scarring you have, however, is more like ice pick scarring, which is difficult to treat. Usually, as the scar becomes more superficial, the edges will soften, but the scar will become wider.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not sure. It's certainly worth a try.

Does your friend use over the counter Retin A or prescribed ?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 12/17/2012 11:46 am

She used prescription. Is there a difference in quality?

Some of the scars might respond to TCA cross, since they look more like ice pick scars than enlarged pores, or maybe spot treating with a high concentration of copper peptides. It really isn't that bad and I'm sure no one would notice unless you pointed it out to them if you were face to face.

MemberMember
(@likecake)

Posted : 12/18/2012 9:49 am

dont try laser, cause i have same englarged pores like you, and i have been try laser fraxel co2 for 3 times, and it doesn't have good result as i wanted, plus my skin become more sensitve to the sunlight, i must put a lot of sunblock before i go out, if not my face become red, just like tomato, is really sad cry.gif

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 12/18/2012 1:54 pm

You could try the dermastamp on the individual scars that bother you most, but probably will do nothing for the bigger pores. I use a dermastamp from owndoc.com and recently got the suction pump as well. I use it without the attachments and find it good after the needling. She also sells individual needles which you could try to needle out those deeper marks. I don't think there are risks to it as opposed to laser.

Also, if you have more money to spend you would probably be a very good candidate for prp or selphyl where they inject blood under your skin to provide filling and better healing. Afterwards you could needle and the procedure lets your body produce better tissue. Or you could look into Laviv by fibrocell, more $$ but will give you better results. Just google. Or maybe airgent if it is available in your area, sounds promising.

Also I have performed self treatments with 12.5% TCA from Makeupchoice.com and it will give your skin a boost. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 12/26/2012 4:38 am

Retin-A on its own will do nothing for scars. No topical treatment alone will ever help improve scarring. I would say that I have seen the most dramatic improvements with Dermarolling. In the space of 6 months I have seen steady and significant improvements. With Fraxel Re:Store I really don't remember looking in the mirror thinking things were getting better as time went on. I don't doubt that the laser helped in some way, but it certainly didn't help to the extent that I thought it would.

MemberMember
(@patrick6)

Posted : 12/30/2012 10:34 am

Thanks for the support and advice guys its been very helpful. I think i am going to look into derma rolling and derma stamping as these seem to be least invasive.

MemberMember
(@alexwong)

Posted : 12/30/2012 3:46 pm

Thanks for the support and advice guys its been very helpful. I think i am going to look into derma rolling and derma stamping as these seem to be least invasive.

Hi Patrick. You're scarring looks minor. But I understand that the pictures don't do it justice as I can imagine that they look worse in person and in harsh lighting. From your pictures, I don't see why you don't consider laser resurfacing. Your skin also seems to suffer from textural problems which make your small scars seem worse then they are. Have you considered Total FX? It costs a lot, but it involves Active FX for superficial textural problems, redness and enlarged pores and Deep FX to address the deeper scars.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to smoke? As I'm a smoker myself, and I've noticed from other smokers, that enlarged pores are condition suffered by those who are long-tern smokers.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in which ever route you take in addressing your needs.

Edit: I should like to add that I have not had laser resurfacing. But I will do early next year. At the moment, you might want to look at TokyoGirl's (*Inspired*'s) thread about her TotalFX experience. Her scarring resembles yours in some ways.

MemberMember
(@patrick6)

Posted : 01/06/2013 7:43 am

Hi Patrick. You're scarring looks minor. But I understand that the pictures don't do it justice as I can imagine that they look worse in person and in harsh lighting. From your pictures, I don't see why you don't consider laser resurfacing. Your skin also seems to suffer from textural problems which make your small scars seem worse then they are. Have you considered Total FX? It costs a lot, but it involves Active FX for superficial textural problems, redness and enlarged pores and Deep FX to address the deeper scars.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to smoke? As I'm a smoker myself, and I've noticed from other smokers, that enlarged pores are condition suffered by those who are long-tern smokers.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in which ever route you take in addressing your needs.

Edit: I should like to add that I have not had laser resurfacing. But I will do early next year. At the moment, you might want to look at TokyoGirl's (*Inspired*'s) thread about her TotalFX experience. Her scarring resembles yours in some ways.

Hi Alex

I dont have a great deal of money to spend on laser treatment and i would be very reluctant to go under a laser at this point in time. I am not a smoker, i think i am prone to large pores anyway due to my genetics but i also believe that during my acute acne phase i didnt know how best to treat and minimise scarring as back then there wasnt as much support and information readily available.

Thanks for the info and support

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/07/2013 1:25 am

On 12/30/2012 at 7:34 AM, Patrick6 said:

:) I wish you all the best! Make sure you look for the original Dermaroller and Dermastamp though!

Keep us posted!

x