Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crashoran

Best Way I Can Describe Acne

The best way I can describe acne: it's a nightmare you can never wake up from.

Every time I look in the mirror, there it is - gnarling right back at me. Reminding me of everything I have missed out on, reminding me of my failed career and missed job opportunities, all of the relationships I had to disappear from. There goes my teens. There goes my 20's.

There are the cysts, causing immense pain underneath the skin whenever I try to smile. Causing me countless blood and benzoyl perixide stained shirts; causing pain when I try to sleep on my back or side.

I realize it will never end, I can never escape.

This is truly sad and upsetting to read, but I understand and I promise you you are not alone, I feel like this too. All of us with acne should go live in our own colony, because our society is crazy.

feel the exact same way. I have severe acne conglobata and am always in pain, whether it be physical or mental. I don't look at people, ignore mirrors, and am way less social than I used to be. I feel like highschool should be awesome, but acne is preventing it from being that way for me.