Clear all

I Want To Be Someone Else Or Ill Explode - Radiohead

MemberMember
(@blackstar85)

Posted : 12/14/2012 11:59 pm

Do you wish when laying in bed doing that thinking thing that you either:

1) wouldnt wake up in the morning, not suicidal but just wish it was over

2) that you were someone else completely

Both due to the psychological effects of acne. Why dont people understand how badly it affects us - your face is the first thing anyone sees y isnt acne taking more seriously.....as dramatic and demeaning as it may seem we are suffers, acne suffers cause each one of us suffers everyday n have done or tried everythin possible but u get to a point where ur like why bother

Happy times eh lol xx

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 12/20/2012 11:57 pm

Yes and yes.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 12/21/2012 7:19 pm

Do you wish when laying in bed doing that thinking thing that you either:

1) wouldnt wake up in the morning, not suicidal but just wish it was over

2) that you were someone else completely

Both due to the psychological effects of acne. Why dont people understand how badly it affects us - your face is the first thing anyone sees y isnt acne taking more seriously.....as dramatic and demeaning as it may seem we are suffers, acne suffers cause each one of us suffers everyday n have done or tried everythin possible but u get to a point where ur like why bother

Happy times eh lol xx

I know it sucks. If only it was as simple as saying "I'm stuck with this so I better accept it" and subsequently stopping all the worrying and thinking about it and then to just. get. on. with. your. life. as if you didn't have acne, so to speak.

It's unfortunate that a lot of people remain stuck in the twilight of not having accepted it and hence are perpetually tormented due to having this horrible affliction.

And to answer your questions 1) yes 2) not really.

I've given up trying to be completely happy a long time ago. Instead, I now try to be as happy as I can be and then say "Fine". That's a big difference.

MemberMember
(@beccabiscuits)

Posted : 12/27/2012 3:12 pm

Everyday I think the exact same! I dont no about you but my acne is so painful! The slightest knock I'm left in pain!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 12/31/2012 10:41 pm

Most of the time I'd answer 'yes' to both 1 and 2. But for 2 I tend to just wish that I looked different to how I do rather than be a completely different person.

It's sorta sad that so many would relate to this.

Oh the joys of acne and related issues...

But I do really try to just get on with life and I try to stay positive. Acne or not, I still want to live life and enjoy it. I think life is what you make it and acne can't stop you from doing anything you want to do, if you don't let it. It's often a lot easier said than done, I know, but I'm not giving up - I'll keep on keeping on.

MemberMember
(@blackstar85)

Posted : 10/26/2013 12:16 pm

Yeah im the same my moods constantly up and down depending on how bad my acne is and if it keeps me from doing stuff - like you know Initial Breakout thats when you're at your lowest but when you seen improvements you get a bit of hope back but that time during the IB its seriously dark times! To be honest I think its mostly how we see ourselves as opposed to how we're seen. Do you know its wierd you'd think someone with acne would avoid seeing themsevles in mirrors but man I obsess and I think thats what the prob is even clear I obsess me well we need to accept that its gonna be there but how do you even go about doing that. Acne might be physical but the emotional and psychological issues it brings its prob more harder to deal with than the acne itself. Maintaining the acne only solves part of the problem....if you were able to deal, then the next time a flare up came you'd cope better but as I said its how to do that......coming on here its def a comfort though and you get to meet other acne soliders who are battling on S x

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 10/26/2013 1:13 pm

I would like to be one of the people whose life is wonderful and without major problems-concerns, at least not at young age like i do... who are healthy, beautiful, have friends, self-confidence, haven't experienced traumatizing events and a brilliant future awaits them..

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/26/2013 8:18 pm

Yes to both.

Sigh, there are moments where you feel like, you wont give up.

Then time will come like you just want it to end. Like you just want to give up and give up trying to be happy. You know what i mean?

Cursed life.

AFter acne disappears (which has not for me), it's not the end. It will still leave you scars and sometimes it is severe. Not only physical but mentally.

Hope? My hope,,,..... it wavers. I just hope that, my scars will disappear with time(That can happen). Though my deep scars, i dont expect those to disappear with time so im hoping it will disappear with treatments.

Even so, i am trying to be happy. It's hard. I never thought being happy was such a hard task.

But what can we do?

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 10/26/2013 8:51 pm

sad.png

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 10/27/2013 2:33 am

Hmmm , no to both 1 and 2. Because iv'e had enough of it and i have learnt to embrace my reality the way it is. Yearning to be someone else , looking out of the window wistfully,thinking of a life sans acne just makes it worse... :/

MemberMember
(@blackstar85)

Posted : 11/09/2013 11:38 pm

Yes to both.

Then time will come like you just want it to end. Like you just want to give up and give up trying to be happy. You know what i mean?

Cursed life.

AFter acne disappears (which has not for me), it's not the end. It will still leave you scars and sometimes it is severe. Not only physical but mentally.

Hope? My hope,,,..... it wavers. I just hope that, my scars will disappear with time(That can happen). Though my deep scars, i dont expect those to disappear with time so im hoping it will disappear with treatments.

Even so, i am trying to be happy. It's hard. I never thought being happy was such a hard task.

But what can we do?

Yeh ive get you...ive got a kinda bipolar styled attitude to acne i range frm like being able to get on with life n deal n still be me, full of laughs sarcasm n fun then the next im the opposite seclude myself, overthink n obsess n go dark which is a pretty awful place to be in...we know we need to try and deal and get on with life n learn to say ah well fuck it its not goin anywhere anytime soon so lets jus do this living nonsense anyway bt who knows how you do that i thnk ive let the psychological effects take over so our whole lives revolve around acne and as soon as you see yourself in a mirror your right back to grrrrr! So to be fair my own mind is worsening the situation, making me a tad bitter and stoppin this happyness malarky, now thats messed up....

Is it possible to be happy with acne....yeh....sometimes....its all about living day to day n dreading tht breakout bt thts no way to live so i think sorting out the old mind would def ease up on the ol heart its just finding a way to do that and not lie to yourself in the process.....xx

Hmmm , no to both 1 and 2. Because iv'e had enough of it and i have learnt to embrace my reality the way it is. Yearning to be someone else , looking out of the window wistfully,thinking of a life sans acne just makes it worse... :/

How do you not think about something that blatently stares you square in the face everyday. If you are being true to your words then you have def to be admired acceptance isnt easy done...those that cant deal shouldnt be down cried though. you do make it seem like a switch you can just turn off and say right no more but for me that only works for so long....advice on how u did it would be appreciated...im thinking though it just depends on each persons attitude and frame of mind

S xx

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 11/10/2013 10:42 am

Yes to both.

Cursed life.

But what can we do?

Yeh ive get you...ive got a kinda bipolar styled attitude to acne i range frm like being able to get on with life n deal n still be me, full of laughs sarcasm n fun then the next im the opposite seclude myself, overthink n obsess n go dark which is a pretty awful place to be in...we know we need to try and deal and get on with life n learn to say ah well fuck it its not goin anywhere anytime soon so lets jus do this living nonsense anyway bt who knows how you do that i thnk ive let the psychological effects take over so our whole lives revolve around acne and as soon as you see yourself in a mirror your right back to grrrrr! So to be fair my own mind is worsening the situation, making me a tad bitter and stoppin this happyness malarky, now thats messed up....

Is it possible to be happy with acne....yeh....sometimes....its all about living day to day n dreading tht breakout bt thts no way to live so i think sorting out the old mind would def ease up on the ol heart its just finding a way to do that and not lie to yourself in the process.....xx

>Hmmm , no to both 1 and 2. Because iv'e had enough of it and i have learnt to embrace my reality the way it is. Yearning to be someone else , looking out of the window wistfully,thinking of a life sans acne just makes it worse... :/

How do you not think about something that blatently stares you square in the face everyday. If you are being true to your words then you have def to be admired acceptance isnt easy done...those that cant deal shouldnt be down cried though. you do make it seem like a switch you can just turn off and say right no more but for me that only works for so long....advice on how u did it would be appreciated...im thinking though it just depends on each persons attitude and frame of mind

S xx

Well,just accept it. Accept that you're made this way.Accept that you're not one those who have flawless skin and can eat/do anything and still remain the same.Accept the fact that you won't look perfect in photos,that a cratered cheek is o.k. If you'll keep on thinking "why me"? It'll just disappoint you.So accept it.Try please :)

Because acceptance obviates your insecurities :)

Yes to both.

Cursed life.

But what can we do?

>Hmmm , no to both 1 and 2. Because iv'e had enough of it and i have learnt to embrace my reality the way it is. Yearning to be someone else , looking out of the window wistfully,thinking of a life sans acne just makes it worse... :/

S xx

Well,just accept it. Accept that you're made this way.Accept that you're not one those who have flawless skin and can eat/do anything and still remain the same.Accept the fact that you won't look perfect in photos,that a cratered cheek is o.k. If you'll keep on thinking "why me"? It'll just disappoint you.So accept it.Try please smile.png

Because acceptance obviates your insecurities smile.png

I got acne when i was 16.It affected me the most when i was 19 ,when i began college.I let it affect so much :( .Now i'm 21 and i don't let it control me. And fortunately/co-incidentally acne has disappeared . Your psychology affects your acne too . You may say that my acceptance of acne and the disappearance of it is a mere happenstance.But what i believe is : The more you think about it the worse it becomes.Because for me,the more i think about it,the more i touch my skin and thus make my acne worse.So just don't be so fixated ... Live your life.Because acne is trivial ;)

MemberMember
(@blackstar85)

Posted : 11/10/2013 6:42 pm

Yes to both.

Cursed life.

But what can we do?

>

>

S xx

Well,just accept it. Accept that you're made this way.Accept that you're not one those who have flawless skin and can eat/do anything and still remain the same.Accept the fact that you won't look perfect in photos,that a cratered cheek is o.k. If you'll keep on thinking "why me"? It'll just disappoint you.So accept it.Try please :)

Yes to both.

Cursed life.

But what can we do?

laughs sarcasm n fun then the next im the opposite seclude myself, overthink n obsess n go dark which is a pretty awful place to be in...we know we need to try and deal and get on with life n learn to say ah well fuck it its not goin anywhere anytime soon so lets jus do this living nonsense anyway bt who knows how you do that i thnk ive let the psychological effects take over so our whole lives revolve around acne and as soon as you see yourself in a mirror your right back to grrrrr! So to be fair my own mind is worsening the situation, making me a tad bitter and stoppin this happyness malarky, now thats messed up....

S xx

I got acne when i was 16.It affected me the most when i was 19 ,when i began college.I let it affect so much :( .Now i'm 21 and i don't let it control me. And fortunately/co-incidentally acne has disappeared . Your psychology affects your acne too . You may say that my acceptance of acne and the disappearance of it is a mere happenstance.But what i believe is : The more you think about it the worse it becomes.Because for me,the more i think about it,the more i touch my skin and thus make my acne worse.So just don't be so fixated ... Live your life.Because acne is trivial ;)

Acne isnt really all that trivial or this forum wouldnt need to exist....Well dont u think your posts kinda biased considering your acne has gone...its easy for you to be optimistic now that your not in the heart of it....i dont want perfect or flawless skin, i like flaws even all the red marks n scarring doesnt bother me its the cysts....i dont feel sorry for myself or think why me cause im not the only one who has to deal with it and i can most of the time get on with it fine its those periods of dark like when i wrote this post that some people cant seem to control me included....right now i have a cystic breakout and im fine with it im like whatever but its not how it always is. Ive accepted acne and that ill mostly always have it or need to treat it but it kinda doesnt come into play when you get a breakout of painful cysts on your face that take months to heal its hard to remain positive...ppl tell you get on with life but dont tell you how to do that without it affecting your state of mind xx