Notifications
Clear all

Bad Foods

MemberMember
(@lilacink)

Posted : 12/14/2012 11:39 pm

After changing my diet my bad acne has improved a ton!

Here's a list of some of the foods that cause me to breakout:

Meat

Diary

Potatoes

Peaunut Butter

Graham crackers

Pasta

Sugar

Coffee

Pocessed foods

Bread

Greasy food

fried

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 12/15/2012 12:59 am

I am amazed that you figured all that out. I think I would rather eat those foods and have acne though. Lol. It seems like a lot of work to avoid all of them.

MemberMember
(@lilacink)

Posted : 12/15/2012 6:52 pm

I am amazed that you figured all that out. I think I would rather eat those foods and have acne though. Lol. It seems like a lot of work to avoid all of them.

Well, I actually had help. On here there are lots of great tips when it comes to avioding "bad foods" and there were right about diary, sweets, pocessed, meat, fried, greasy, ect. With my acne I had no choice but to stop eating foods that freak my skin out. Ugh, I'm sick of having acne.

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 12/15/2012 7:52 pm

I know what you mean. I'm currently on Accutane which I'm hoping will do it for me. Everyone in my family has had acne in their teens and grew out of it at about 20 years old. I'm 18 so I'm hoping the genetics will kick in soon and it won't return after Accutane! Lol.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/15/2012 8:58 pm

Meat, if its local and grass fed, is NOT bad but VERY HEALTHY. Everything else on your list I agree with: bad. Glad you're seeing results!

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 12/15/2012 9:07 pm

Meat

Diary

Potatoes

Peaunut Butter

Graham crackers

Pasta

Sugar

Coffee

Pocessed foods

Bread

Greasy food

fried

BRB, eating oxygen.

What do you normally eat?

MemberMember
(@lilacink)

Posted : 12/16/2012 2:48 am

Meat, if its local and grass fed, is NOT bad but VERY HEALTHY. Everything else on your list I agree with: bad. Glad you're seeing results!

Meat may be okay to eat for some people but it breakes me out in general. Thank you for posting.

Meat

Diary

Potatoes

Peaunut Butter

Graham crackers

Pasta

Sugar

Coffee

Pocessed foods

Bread

Greasy food

fried

BRB, eating oxygen.

I'm still working out my diet (no junk food, diary, meat, coffee, sugar, pocessed, poatatoes, pasta, bread)

So my current diet is oatmeal, almond milk, canned veggies, frozen veggies, frozen fruit (or fresh but frozen is cheaper), rice, beans,

I'm working on a tight budget for my acne diet.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 12/16/2012 5:33 am

Meat may be okay to eat for some people but it breakes me out in general. Thank you for posting.

Meat

Diary

Potatoes

Peaunut Butter

Graham crackers

Pasta

Sugar

Coffee

Pocessed foods

Bread

Greasy food

fried

BRB, eating oxygen.

I'm still working out my diet (no junk food, diary, meat, coffee, sugar, pocessed, poatatoes, pasta, bread)

So my current diet is oatmeal, almond milk, canned veggies, frozen veggies, frozen fruit (or fresh but frozen is cheaper), rice, beans,

That's actually a pretty good selection of foods, but you're not eating meat?. How about fish and eggs?. I'm really against cutting out whole food groups.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/16/2012 12:57 pm

Lilacink- if meat breaks you out- you should find out why- because it is relatively easy to digest and is not considered an "intolerant" food. Figuring out what's causing the meat breakouts may help you get to the root of your acne in general. It sounds like you are digestive enzyme deficient- because meat requires pancreatic enzymes and stomach acid to properly digest. Have you considered taking apple cider vinegar with meals, supplementing with digestive enzymes or HCL? Do you have gastrointestinal problems at all?

MemberMember
(@lilacink)

Posted : 12/16/2012 2:51 pm

Meat

Diary

Potatoes

Peaunut Butter

Graham crackers

Pasta

Sugar

Coffee

Pocessed foods

Bread

Greasy food

fried

BRB, eating oxygen.

That's actually a pretty good selection of foods, but you're not eating meat?. How about fish and eggs?. I'm really against cutting out whole food groups.

I don't think my body can handle eggs but I'm not sure about fish. I think its okay :) NOt quite sure though. I'm still figuring it with my crazy new diet plan.

Any tips?

Lilacink- if meat breaks you out- you should find out why- because it is relatively easy to digest and is not considered an "intolerant" food. Figuring out what's causing the meat breakouts may help you get to the root of your acne in general. It sounds like you are digestive enzyme deficient- because meat requires pancreatic enzymes and stomach acid to properly digest. Have you considered taking apple cider vinegar with meals, supplementing with digestive enzymes or HCL? Do you have gastrointestinal problems at all?

Well, I was a vegetarian for five years. Then just recently started eating meat and noticed a lot more breakouts.

I'm not sure if I have digestive enzyme deficien issues, and I'm not even sure what gastrointestina problems are, sadly. I'm navie in such cases.

Throughout my time being a vegetarian I still had HORRIBLE acne but then when being a vegetarian I ate mostly bread and sweets as a subsituite for meat. My body craved meat so I fed it bread-terrible I am.

Any tips on clearing my acne?

My acne has improved from a 7 to a 4 :) I mostly just have red scars left. Diet has improved but I'm still transisioning. I only started this acne diet a month or two ago and it's worked wonders.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 12/16/2012 2:52 pm

Meat

Diary

Potatoes

Peaunut Butter

Graham crackers

Pasta

Sugar

Coffee

Pocessed foods

Bread

Greasy food

fried

BRB, eating oxygen.

I don't think my body can handle eggs but I'm not sure about fish. I think its okay smile.png NOt quite sure though. I'm still figuring it with my crazy new diet plan.

Any tips?

Give it time and re-introduce slowly, one by one. If you notice changes, you can identify the problem foods. A lot of people are intolerant to eggs and fish, though I'm unsure whether that can result in acne. Lean chicken, turkey are low risk and contain the essential amino acids your body needs to preserve muscle. Those would be the two I would personally re-introduce back in, first.

MemberMember
(@lilacink)

Posted : 12/23/2012 1:49 am

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/23/2012 12:34 pm

Have you been tested for prediabetes or diabetes? All of those foods trigger a slight insulin response...

MemberMember
(@lilacink)

Posted : 12/24/2012 2:11 pm

Oh, no I have not. Perhaps I should. Thank you for that tip.