Notifications
Clear all

Please Work Accutane!

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/14/2012 2:17 pm

Hey, I think I posted my last topic in the wrong section. I'm new to this!

Ok, well I'm 21/ Female on 20mg daily.

I ALWAYS had bad skin but over the last year BAM just one cheek is full of acne. JUST THE ONE PLACE, but it is terrible. I'm EXTREMELY SELF CONSCIOUS. I cry every time I look in the mirror, and my relationship with my boyfriend is deteriorating. Mainly because I never want to leave my house. I feel too ugly.

Anyway, after trying antibiotics, microderms, BP, healthy eating all thats left me is a cheek FULL of that many red spots its embarssing.

This will be Day 1 for me.

My options of treatment are running out so fingers crossed because I want the old me back!

:(

MemberMember
(@secretsky)

Posted : 12/14/2012 3:44 pm

Hang in there! i know its hard. But you need to really mentally prepare yourself for this. Accutane in itself has side effects and you may see your acne get worse before it gets better. I'm on accutane (second try at it) and my acne this time around plagued my right cheek and I too am embarassed to walk out. But unwanted stress will affect your acne even more, so try to keep your head high and think of this as a temporary 'sickness' that will be cured shortly.

Another acne sufferer on here had mentioned to me that we, acne sufferers, will notice the acne on ourselves and others but more than likely others won't even notice. I know that's easier said that done. But you have to try! I also have some advise for you, a guy likes a confident woman regardless if she has acne or not. SO be confident that your acne will eventually go away and actually walk out and go out with your boyfriend with your head high!

Be strong and you won't regret going on accutane. Just hang in there.

Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/14/2012 4:33 pm

Hang in there! i know its hard. But you need to really mentally prepare yourself for this. Accutane in itself has side effects and you may see your acne get worse before it gets better. I'm on accutane (second try at it) and my acne this time around plagued my right cheek and I too am embarassed to walk out. But unwanted stress will affect your acne even more, so try to keep your head high and think of this as a temporary 'sickness' that will be cured shortly.

Another acne sufferer on here had mentioned to me that we, acne sufferers, will notice the acne on ourselves and others but more than likely others won't even notice. I know that's easier said that done. But you have to try! I also have some advise for you, a guy likes a confident woman regardless if she has acne or not. SO be confident that your acne will eventually go away and actually walk out and go out with your boyfriend with your head high!

Be strong and you won't regret going on accutane. Just hang in there.

Good luck!!

Everything you just said means a lot to me. I'll keep telling myself everyday what you just wrote. Since you have tried accutane before, I have so many red dots I don't know whether they are active acne or old marks, but will accutane help those dots?

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/14/2012 9:38 pm

Day 2: hmmm my face seems a little extra red and my throat hurts a fair bit, it seems a bit early for this to be the result of accutane?

I feel like I have so much ahead of me *sigh*

MemberMember
(@secretsky)

Posted : 12/15/2012 12:14 am

Well I won't be able to tell if the red dots are acne or just scars from previous acne, I'd have to see em. Accutane will clear it all, its just going to take time. That's the bummer part of it. I know we both want quick results. I too have many red spots now from previous acne. I got it all over my cheeks :-( Sometimes I wish that I had bacne or anywhere else instead of my face because no one will see it. But hey, it is what it is. And at least I'm taking the steps to get rid of it, just like you.

Your symptoms (more like side effects from the drug) of a red face and a soar throat are normal. At least it's telling you that the drug is in your system, right? I had the same soar throat for the first week or so but now all I have is the dry lips. So you'll noticed that some side effects will show up and go away and later in your course new side effects may pop up. It's all part of the course.

On my first course of accutane I had the dry lips and lower back pain. Never the soar throat. But now I'm on a different generic, so my side effects are a bit different. Again it'll take time for it to kick in. PATIENCE IS SUCH A VIRTUE! Try to keep yourself busy. Also try not to keep looking in the mirror! You have to try to mentally work through the days.

Everyone's different too. When I first took accutane I saw immediate improvement after two weeks but this time around it got worse instead BUT I am noticing that they go away quicker then before. SO there is some improvement.

When you get a pimple be happy!! You know why?! Because accutane is pushing all the junk OUT! If you have black heads on your nose you'll notice them literally sticking up from their sockets soon. Its disgusting but kinda nice too because your getting rid of them all.

I've always had clear skin with the exception of a very few pimples here and there around my time of the month so I know how it feels. But you have one of two choices...be depressed because of your acne and live with being so depressed along with acne and affecting all those around you OR walk with your head high and battle this thing with confidence so that you can function and be happy! You're already taking the steps to get rid of it, right?! You can do it girl! We both can!

Take it easy and move forward so that you can live your life!

Take care and take it easy

Secretysky

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/15/2012 12:24 am

thankyou !! you are so right, I CAN DO THIS

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/15/2012 12:58 am

thankyou !! you are so right, I CAN DO THIS

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/15/2012 6:07 pm

Day 3: My sore throat is gone :)

Got a couple of new pimples *sigh*. No sign of flare up though because some of my pimples have gone down.

Scars look terrible but I've refrained from looking in the mirror too much...

Excited for whats ahead...

MemberMember
(@austinhuang)

Posted : 12/15/2012 11:09 pm

Hey, dont give up okay! I started few days back as well. lets hope this will work for us!! Keep updating! I believe miracles will happen!

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/16/2012 1:55 am

I feel ya on the crappiness of acne! I've got mine mainly around my mouth, which is so odd to me.... I had an IB from the end of week one to the end of week 2. I'm on day 16 now and things seem a little calmer. Hoping for the best. Keep your head up girl! I totally understand your not wanting to do anything til this stuff clears up. That's how I am... My husband's pretty cool about it though cause I stay pretty happy even though I'm pretty much a homebody and he knows that he would feel the same and want my support if he were in my shoes. Just remember, it's ONLY temporary! It's gonna get better! There are so many pretty girls on here with severe acne, look at some of the profile pics! You're still you underneath the stupid crud! I used to cry at first, but since I got on accutane I've been kinda delighted by the fact that I am going to kill all those bastard acne spots on my face once and for all now, lol! Good luck on your journey and progress!

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/16/2012 6:38 am

Hey, dont give up okay! I started few days back as well. lets hope this will work for us!! Keep updating! I believe miracles will happen!

I HOPE THIS IS MY MIRACLE! Good luck !

I feel ya on the crappiness of acne! I've got mine mainly around my mouth, which is so odd to me.... I had an IB from the end of week one to the end of week 2. I'm on day 16 now and things seem a little calmer. Hoping for the best. Keep your head up girl! I totally understand your not wanting to do anything til this stuff clears up. That's how I am... My husband's pretty cool about it though cause I stay pretty happy even though I'm pretty much a homebody and he knows that he would feel the same and want my support if he were in my shoes. Just remember, it's ONLY temporary! It's gonna get better! There are so many pretty girls on here with severe acne, look at some of the profile pics! You're still you underneath the stupid crud! I used to cry at first, but since I got on accutane I've been kinda delighted by the fact that I am going to kill all those bastard acne spots on my face once and for all now, lol! Good luck on your journey and progress!

Im so glad your husband doesnt mind you ever doing anything. My bf gets a little funny with me because I can't leave the house without makeup on and I try to avoid putting makeup on my acne.

I hope this works. I think its my last resort. I JUST WANT MY CONFIDENCE BACK!! I hide my cheek with hair, probably makes it worse (never has shown it has) BUT I HAVE FAITH

MemberMember
(@secretsky)

Posted : 12/16/2012 3:00 pm

Keep up the positive thinking. And remember, if you wake up one day and feel so down, just shoot a message. Sometimes just hearing other people and relating to them makes you feel better :-)

Today I'm having a bad day. Got 4 new spots :-( blah. But again, its ALL coming out! Pray things can start clearing up soon.

Keep your head high, and stay strong!

We can do this!

Secretsky

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/16/2012 6:55 pm

Day 4. WTF BLUE VEINS ON MY BREATS HAVE APPEARED,?! Done a quick google search can be caused by hormones and from the pill , anyone know anything??!

MemberMember
(@secretsky)

Posted : 12/16/2012 11:10 pm

Blue veins on your breasts?! I've never heard of that. I got a few spider veins on my legs that I know is from the pill but not sure about the breast part. hmm....when's your next doc appointment? Or call and ask your doctor if you're really worried about it.

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/16/2012 11:43 pm

yes so weird! they have gone down a bit, i think its just the pill?

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/17/2012 6:19 am

I love breaking out before bed time, ;( IB maybe? ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

MemberMember
(@secretsky)

Posted : 12/17/2012 2:28 pm

Well...remember things will be bumpy for the first few months. Just think of it as all the nasty stuff coming out once and for all! I'm on week 5 and I still get acne popping up! I already got 4 NEW active pimples. But hey, its temporary, right? Hang in there girl. I'm looking forward to clear skin once and for all!

The blue marks could be from the pill. Like I said, I've never heard of it on the breasts but I've heard that spider veins could be a side effect of the pill. But still, ask your derm when you go to her next or if you have an obgyn. But the fact that you're saying it kind of went away has me confused. I'm sure you know your body more than anyone else but could it be the lighting? I don't know, just a thought. Sometimes when we're worried about things (like taking new meds) we notice things that may have been there before but never really paid attention to it? Sorry if I'm playing with your brain here but I know I myself can sometimes do that.

Now your IB is still on that one cheek though, right?

Hang in there girl, you can do it!

I'm here for you on your bad days if you need some mood boosting :-)

Take care

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/17/2012 3:00 pm

Well...remember things will be bumpy for the first few months. Just think of it as all the nasty stuff coming out once and for all! I'm on week 5 and I still get acne popping up! I already got 4 NEW active pimples. But hey, its temporary, right? Hang in there girl. I'm looking forward to clear skin once and for all!

The blue marks could be from the pill. Like I said, I've never heard of it on the breasts but I've heard that spider veins could be a side effect of the pill. But still, ask your derm when you go to her next or if you have an obgyn. But the fact that you're saying it kind of went away has me confused. I'm sure you know your body more than anyone else but could it be the lighting? I don't know, just a thought. Sometimes when we're worried about things (like taking new meds) we notice things that may have been there before but never really paid attention to it? Sorry if I'm playing with your brain here but I know I myself can sometimes do that.

Now your IB is still on that one cheek though, right?

Hang in there girl, you can do it!

I'm here for you on your bad days if you need some mood boosting :-)

Take care

Yeh just the one cheek!! probably like 2 spots on my other cheek but nothing serious. this one cheek will be the death of me. but looking forward to the results. I'm on 20mg and I read somewhere it's a low dose.. I weigh 48kg, do you think my dose will change ?

This was hard to do... BUT I HAVE FAITH

MemberMember
(@secretsky)

Posted : 12/17/2012 3:47 pm

Your's looks SO much like mine. Most of my acne is on my right cheek only too. Well that's how it started but then a few weeks into accutane I got acne on my left cheek too :-( but not as bad as my right cheek. EXCEPT I got the nasty cysts to go with it all. I mean deep down in the cheek cysts that stay for months. Your acne looks more like papules and pustules. Which are a bit easier to get rid of then the cysts.

I'm also on 20 mg and I weigh 65kg. A normal dosage is to give 0.5 - 1 mg per kg of weight so 20 mg does seem to be pretty close to a normal dose. Besides, I honestly wouldn't advise going really high on dosage from the start because it may increase your chances of a bad initial breakout plus other side effects. Most doctors increase dosage later on in the course and then when they increase you could have another breakout. I know, totally sucks. I think high doses are given to people that have severe acne. You may feel like you have severe acne but i've seen many people that have it ALL over there face, shoulders, backs, arms and so forth. So in a way we should be thankful that its just one part of our face, right? Positive thinking here!

I personally am planning to stay on a lower dose but for a longer time. That's the plan, I just hope I can get clear soon!

Did the doctor tell you what the acne could be from? I asked my doctor and his response was that it could be a number of reasons. I just still find it shocking that I could, with in a few months, be literally plagued with acne.

Do you use anything else topically? Or just the accutane? What moisturizer do you use?

Well, take care and try to keep yourself busy so that you don't think about the acne.

:-)

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/17/2012 11:40 pm

Your's looks SO much like mine. Most of my acne is on my right cheek only too. Well that's how it started but then a few weeks into accutane I got acne on my left cheek too :-( but not as bad as my right cheek. EXCEPT I got the nasty cysts to go with it all. I mean deep down in the cheek cysts that stay for months. Your acne looks more like papules and pustules. Which are a bit easier to get rid of then the cysts.

I'm also on 20 mg and I weigh 65kg. A normal dosage is to give 0.5 - 1 mg per kg of weight so 20 mg does seem to be pretty close to a normal dose. Besides, I honestly wouldn't advise going really high on dosage from the start because it may increase your chances of a bad initial breakout plus other side effects. Most doctors increase dosage later on in the course and then when they increase you could have another breakout. I know, totally sucks. I think high doses are given to people that have severe acne. You may feel like you have severe acne but i've seen many people that have it ALL over there face, shoulders, backs, arms and so forth. So in a way we should be thankful that its just one part of our face, right? Positive thinking here!

I personally am planning to stay on a lower dose but for a longer time. That's the plan, I just hope I can get clear soon!

Did the doctor tell you what the acne could be from? I asked my doctor and his response was that it could be a number of reasons. I just still find it shocking that I could, with in a few months, be literally plagued with acne.

Do you use anything else topically? Or just the accutane? What moisturizer do you use?

Well, take care and try to keep yourself busy so that you don't think about the acne.

:-)

Sometimes I think they are old acne marks because they are not lifted but there is no chance i have that many scars??!!!

Oh god I'm on day 5-6 and I really dont want my left cheek breaking out, however along side my accutane tablet I also take 3 tablets my derm prescribed me for anti flammatory to help the upcoming flare up NOOOOOO

anyways i only use cetaphil everything atm. my derm told me to

She never said what my cause was but my acne went VIOLENT after I got this stupid birth control injection a few months ago called Depo Provera, so either that or just a coinsedence but I'm on Brenda 35 now which controls hormonal acne... so now i wait... :(

MemberMember
(@secretsky)

Posted : 12/18/2012 12:27 am

Well that's good that the doc gave you other medications. Most people that are on antibiotics or other meds while starting accutane either don't have a break out or have mild ones. I was not on any other pill but accutane, so that's probably why I keep getting.

But I agree...It doesn't seem like you have active pimples per say but more of the red marks that come with the after math of an acne flare up. It'll go away and its not permanent which is good news!! You'll be fine. This one especially would go away soon. Its the pimple that's annoying and the cysts that come with it because they take longer to heal and go away.

But yeah, I think its the bc shot that probably caused your flare up which is a hormonal case of acne. You'll be fine just be patient because it'll take time. I've taken this drug before and it works and I hope it works better for me the second time around. I'm PRAYING!

Did the doctor say how long she will keep you on accutane?

You'd want to stay on it as long as possible to make sure it doesn't come back. My doc gave me the minimum dose which according to my weight should be around 7200 mg of a course of accutane. And my acne came back worse then before. So I want to take the FULL dose and possibly take a pill once a month just to keep it at bay for good! We shall see.

Take care, keep your head high, and good luck!

Secretysky

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/18/2012 5:26 am

Day 6: Started getting these tiny little white pimples, weird because that's not the usual acne I get?

The top of the inside of my mouth feels rough and really dry and my joints around my wrists and fingers hurt but barely even noticable. Surprised my lils aren dry because they usually are!!

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/18/2012 6:03 am

Well that's good that the doc gave you other medications. Most people that are on antibiotics or other meds while starting accutane either don't have a break out or have mild ones. I was not on any other pill but accutane, so that's probably why I keep getting.

But I agree...It doesn't seem like you have active pimples per say but more of the red marks that come with the after math of an acne flare up. It'll go away and its not permanent which is good news!! You'll be fine. This one especially would go away soon. Its the pimple that's annoying and the cysts that come with it because they take longer to heal and go away.

But yeah, I think its the bc shot that probably caused your flare up which is a hormonal case of acne. You'll be fine just be patient because it'll take time. I've taken this drug before and it works and I hope it works better for me the second time around. I'm PRAYING!

Did the doctor say how long she will keep you on accutane?

You'd want to stay on it as long as possible to make sure it doesn't come back. My doc gave me the minimum dose which according to my weight should be around 7200 mg of a course of accutane. And my acne came back worse then before. So I want to take the FULL dose and possibly take a pill once a month just to keep it at bay for good! We shall see.

Take care, keep your head high, and good luck!

Secretysky

I've had these marks/pimples for months;(;(;(

dammit

all my cyts have gone but im breaking out in white tiny pimples. i never get pimples like these:S

MemberMember
(@secretsky)

Posted : 12/18/2012 3:20 pm

Yeah I know how that feels. But it seems you caught it early and hopefully you'll be rid of it soon. As harsh as this sounds I actually use a lactic acid peel every once in a while. It hasn't helped the acne per say but it seems to be helping with the red marks. Derms wouldn't recommend but hey I'm on a low dose and it hasn't irritated me yet. I'm not sure where you live but I got it from Sephora. Also anything with glycolic acid/lactic acid is good with hyperpigmentation, which is basically what those red marks are. If you want to know the name of it, let me know :-)

As for me, today is a bad day. I keep getting new zits popping up! I just want it to stop for crying out loud. I can't wait til it stops!

Well, take care!

Stay in touch :-)

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 12/18/2012 3:50 pm

Yeah I know how that feels. But it seems you caught it early and hopefully you'll be rid of it soon. As harsh as this sounds I actually use a lactic acid peel every once in a while. It hasn't helped the acne per say but it seems to be helping with the red marks. Derms wouldn't recommend but hey I'm on a low dose and it hasn't irritated me yet. I'm not sure where you live but I got it from Sephora. Also anything with glycolic acid/lactic acid is good with hyperpigmentation, which is basically what those red marks are. If you want to know the name of it, let me know :-)

As for me, today is a bad day. I keep getting new zits popping up! I just want it to stop for crying out loud. I can't wait til it stops!

Well, take care!

Stay in touch :-)

I live in Australia, after my course of accutane is done and HOPEFULLY ALL IS GOOD, I was thinking of doing a Fraxel. Which is like skin resurfacing. However, I have to wait 6 months I've been off accutane to do it. But I have a little bit of faith that the red marks will fade by then!