Is It Worth The Fla...

Notifications
Clear all

Is It Worth The Flakiness/dryness?

MemberMember
(@laurenkellie)

Posted : 12/14/2012 2:49 am

I've been on the regimen for 5 weeks now and I know that's not long but currently, the flaking is unbearable. I have naturally dry skin but my skin has never been this bad. My entire face flakes off and it starts soon after I moisturizer. My skin isn't clear either. It's as bad as it used to be. Some days 1 noticeable pimple but most day around 3 plus blackheads and small ones. I just want to know if there is a light at the end of the tunnel because I'm getting pretty depressed about my skin /:

MemberMember
(@fischer1)

Posted : 12/14/2012 5:28 am

Hello dude, ive been on the regiment for about 5 weeks now, just the same as you.. i dont know what degree your acne is, but i knew mine was ALOT of small bumbs with like 10 pimples all around my face, i was never under 10 pimples a week, and when they left, new just formed.. so im on my week 5 and i cant eat, talk, laugh or winkle my forehead without my flaking becoming visable.. but i can see my acne going away and i would say that i'm 70% clear after 5 weeks!... and if it wasent for this one trick i would not be able to continue this regiment with the amount of dryness... im not saying this would be any good for you, because i get a small breakout everytime i do it.

Before i have to go to a party or some event that require me to do facial expresions i take some olive oil and rub it in circler motions for about 20 minutes on the dry parts and its still dry but the flakes arent visable when i laugh talk or wrinkle my forehead (this lasts about 2 days), then its back to normal dry no laughing skin..

Im most deffinitly going to continue this regiment.. its the only thing that has worked for me.. and if i have to take the dryness for 3 months then so be it.

if you have anything you would like to share then do so... i will respond as we are at the same point in the regiment :-)

- btw in the start of the regiment i got too cocky with the BP and i used 1 bump after 3 days and my skin got so dry that i could not smile so i moved back to half a bump and moved slowly to 1 bump and it got better but im still dry, and i dont think i will be going for 2 bumps ever, because i amount of BP would just kill my skin.. so im sticking to 1 bump for now.

MemberMember
(@lilylily89)

Posted : 12/14/2012 12:12 pm

Hi! This is my second time on the regimen (because I got cocky and lazy so I stopped. My acne is more on the light/ moderate depending on my stressed out I am). I remember being flaky and still having break out until the middle of my second month close to my third month for my first time on the regimen. Don't give up because it'll get better. Your skin regenerates itself every two months or so, so keep up with the regimen until at least three to see any result. As of right now, I am finishing up my fifth week and I'm still breaking out, but it's okay. And for the flakiness, I used to use just jojoba oil because I remember the moisturizer not agreeing with my skin. As of right now, I'm using AHA + jojoba oil for my dryness which is probably why I'm breaking out but a lot of people said its from the AHA bringing up old pus (gross, I know). I know it's very discouraging but stick to it.

Best of luck! :)

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 12/14/2012 1:37 pm

Totally worth it... I still get dry and flaky but not as severely as in the beginning of the regimen.. Stick to it and it will get better... I'm clear as day and it's been about a year of doing DKR consistently.. Don't give up, it will get better... If you have any questions, feel free to PM me... Good luck and take care... :)

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 12/14/2012 10:29 pm

^^^ NYCqueen is right. In the end, it is worth it. There will be times when when your skin will look like absolute crap and you'll begin to question why you're even doing this... Why take the time out of your day to slather creams on your face when it isn't working? I've had these thoughts a lot, but in the end, you will find something that works for you. Persistence is key. If you want something bad enough, you'll get it. However, if after 5 months or so your skin hasn't improved, chances are it's probably not going to. My skin is still very dry and flaky after 8 MONTHS of this regimen. Though BP does the trick for my acne, I hate the flakiness. Any time something touches my face it flakes up, water, hats, masks, everything. My skin flakes. But I'm going to change that, and I hope things change for you too.

MemberMember
(@gq101)

Posted : 01/15/2013 11:53 pm

i have also been on the regimen for about 5-6 weeks. my skin has cleared up significantly but im still struggling with the flakiness. just stick to the regimen and follow the steps precisely ( i noticed that when I don't follow, i break out). and moisturize as often as needed. I carry dan's moisturizer in my purse now, in case i get flaky when im not home. I also learned a littile trick in one of the threads here ( forgot which one). after washing, apply some jojoba oil all over your face before applying BP. it helps a lot with the dryness and it stings less. after BP apply moisturizer as usual. I like this method because my skin absorbs the products better, rather than mixing jojoba oil with my moisturizer. the key is to keep moisturizing. and drink lots of water.

MemberMember
(@ellie93)

Posted : 01/21/2013 3:47 pm

Hey guys, yes the flakiness is SO annoying but I agree with everyone else, stick with it as it will be worth it!

I haven't been on the regimen long but it's already hugely improved my skin. For the dryness I use AHA every other night with is amazing, and when it gets especially dry I smother my face in jojoba oil, leave for about half an hour and then exfoliate. I know this isn't part of the regimen so won't work for everyone but it gets rid of my flakes instantly and leaves my skin smooth for at least 3-4 days. I don't really like the idea of leaving jojoba oil on my skin all day or night, but lots of people say doing that is fine for them.

Good luck anyway, and I hope it works for you. :)