Notifications
Clear all

Instead Of Lurking...i Thought I'd Join

MemberMember
(@songbirdsing)

Posted : 12/13/2012 12:49 am

Hi! I've been lurking on these forums for like 3 months and finally decided to be brave enough to join.

A little about me....I got my first zit at age 7 but really started to break out by the time I was in high school. I am 30 years old and have resolved to fix (or at least greatly minimize) this problem. I suffer from moderate/severe (more on moderate side but it changes daily) acne with lots of hyperpigmentation. I've tried quite a few things but am currently exploring nutrition as an aid.

Things I've found that have helped some so far are using the Olay x spin brush twice a day when I wash my face, using bareMinerals blemish therapy on zits as they form, and taking a supplement for skin. Those have helped with my cystic acne and have cleared me up about 25%. I rarely get cystic acne anymore which is a huge improvement as I used to have at least 75% of the time.

Other than that I'm in the middle of a diet transition (currently dairy-free vegetarian going to little to no processed foods and lower sugar intake). Hopefully I'll have positive results!

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 12/13/2012 2:51 am

Welcome! You're def among friends here and people who understand your struggle. Best of luck on the change of diet!

MemberMember
(@paulinarae)

Posted : 12/13/2012 5:08 am

Hello! I recently joined as well after lurking for a while. Good luck with your diet & be sure to post about how it goes :D