Notifications
Clear all

Tea Tree Oil Burn Help And Beware

MemberMember
(@dcraze87)

Posted : 12/12/2012 11:08 am

hello! I've recently started acne no more and it's worked great- no new breakouts (i have very mild acne, but have tried everything from accutane to tazorac and all have made my skin better but never clear). This is the first time my skin is clear, but it made all the tiny zits come to a head. I've learned that I can do a pretty good job at popping them by using a disinfected needle and just barely squeezing (I have closed comedones so they don't come out unless they are done professionally or by me this way). Based on the acne no more routine it said to put tea tree oil on a pimple. Even though mine was diluted it burned my skin. Acne no more also doesn't really explain how to do this so a little dripped and now a good chunk of my cheek is really red. The burns aren't open, aren't oozing, and didn't blister. But they def are raw. Has anyone had a similar experience and what did you use to make them heal fast? I am seeing my bf Sunday for four days and don't want to look like I got in a fight with the pavement. PLEASE HELP!

Long story short...how do you make burns from chemical peels/tea tree oil/etc heal fast? Like within 4 days please smile.png

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 12/12/2012 11:12 am

Just chipping in to say that i made a mask with some really strong tea tree oil and it burnt my cheek but did nothing for my acne (go figure). Stick some sudacrem on it and try to keep the area cool. Don't do anything else to agrrevate the area.

MemberMember
(@dcraze87)

Posted : 12/12/2012 8:02 pm

I know! Everyone says it's great for acne, but it seems like any form of the pure kind that comes in a bottle is horrible. i've read so many honor stories. no one seems to know how to make it go away fast though. thankfully mine are not too bad. i could put makeup on them if i wanted, but i really don't want to make it worst so I'm trying to leave everything off except aloe. i know there's got to be someone out there that had success healing it!

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 12/12/2012 9:52 pm

Aloe Vera. Sleep with it

Try to get it from the plant.

MemberMember
(@09alisa)

Posted : 01/03/2013 12:15 am

Interesting. I've used tea tree oil for a few years now and I have never had any burns. I do use aloe vera gel as well. Did anything work to help the burn?