Notifications
Clear all

Please Help!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/11/2012 1:55 pm

So I have been suffering on and off with acne since I was 19 and am now 35. I have been pretty clear over the past few years with the use of antiobiotics. I was on a 50mg dose of doxy for since last March and was doing fine and then got contact dermatitis from a salicylic acid cleanser I was using. It took about 2 months to go away and my doxy was upped from 50mg to 200mg and I was using Ketoconazole shampoo on my face. Everything was looking good until Mid November when I got a cyst on my face. I went and got it injected and a few days later another one appeared. I was kind of freaked out because I was only getting a cyst every 3-4 months at this point. So last week I got 2 more cysts went back to the derm and she injected those and then from last Monday till now I have had 6 more. I have changed up my diet entirely in the last 2 weeks after finding out I was allergic to all dairy, eggs, beef, garlic, wheat, gluten, malt, barley, rye etc so I cant figure out why this keeps happening. The pain from the cysts has me taking aleve twice a day and my derm prescribed me zithromycin but only 3 days a week and its not doing anything. I am at a total loss on what to do and am so afraid I am going to be left with even more scarring. If anybody has any ideas please let me know. My derm wants me to try spiro and I am ok with that but I was going to wait until next weekend to try it.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 12/11/2012 2:20 pm

So I have been suffering on and off with acne since I was 19 and am now 35. I have been pretty clear over the past few years with the use of antiobiotics. I was on a 50mg dose of doxy for since last March and was doing fine and then got contact dermatitis from a salicylic acid cleanser I was using. It took about 2 months to go away and my doxy was upped from 50mg to 200mg and I was using Ketoconazole shampoo on my face. Everything was looking good until Mid November when I got a cyst on my face. I went and got it injected and a few days later another one appeared. I was kind of freaked out because I was only getting a cyst every 3-4 months at this point. So last week I got 2 more cysts went back to the derm and she injected those and then from last Monday till now I have had 6 more. I have changed up my diet entirely in the last 2 weeks after finding out I was allergic to all dairy, eggs, beef, garlic, wheat, gluten, malt, barley, rye etc so I cant figure out why this keeps happening. The pain from the cysts has me taking aleve twice a day and my derm prescribed me zithromycin but only 3 days a week and its not doing anything. I am at a total loss on what to do and am so afraid I am going to be left with even more scarring. If anybody has any ideas please let me know. My derm wants me to try spiro and I am ok with that but I was going to wait until next weekend to try it.

sounds similar to what I went through but from the age of 15 to 25,a cyst every other week,but the rest of my face had a clear complexion,

then I found out I was intolerant to ramen,gravy/coffee granules,instant noodlles/tea,granular mix in sauces,basically anything sort of granular and instant,just add boiling water,even some prescription tablets contain the same chemicals,

sounds like you could suffer the same intolerance as me because you have clear periods and intermittent,unexplained breakouts,opposed to "true acne" where the inflamation/redness/rash can appear slightly reduced.

Try to think if you have eat or drank anything similar to what I mentioned above.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/11/2012 2:50 pm

i havent changed anything besides eliminating all those foods so this is all so very strange. i eat gf oatmeal for breakfast then for lunch i have chicken and a plain salad and dinner is either more chicken, pork, ham, turkey etc with a salad and some sort of veggie or a sweet potato. i eat like no sugar and if i want a snack i drink vanilla coconut milk with stevia and i eat a banana or blackberries. i dont know what to think at this point but this last spot doesnt hurt and it just looks like a red welt. just a note i dont really drink much caffeine at all maybe some green tea from time to time but that is it. only thing that changed from last week was going off the doxy and adding the zithromycin.

just a note i got desperate and saw an acupunterist on saturday and she mentioned about me being blood deficient and told me to take an iron supplement called floradix and she gave me a list of foods to eat that contain more iron. i just started the floradix the other day so i dont think that is it but the lady mentioned about low iron causing acne. is that true?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/11/2012 3:40 pm

How did you figure out you were allergic to more than 8 different kinds of foods? Did you actually go to an allergist and preform blood tests?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/11/2012 3:50 pm

i went to a wellness doctor and they tested me for 100 different types of foods with a blood test. it was nuts to see so many things on the list of things i am highly allergic to as well as things i am moderately allergic to. they tested for many different types of cheeses, casein, cow's milk, lactalbumin, goat's milk as well as many different meats, grains, fish, shellfish, nuts, fruits, vegetables and then other things such as baker's and brewers yeast, cane sugar, chocolate, coffee and honey.