Notifications
Clear all

Did My Cleanser Stop Working?

MemberMember
(@jnorton52)

Posted : 12/10/2012 8:32 am

I began a new routine 3 months ago that kept my face completely clear. In the morning I use Clean & Clear astringent and CeraVe moisturizer, and in the evening, the new part of the routine, I use Purpose gentle cleanser and Sea Breeze astringent. After starting this I was pretty much clear for 3 months, with one occasional pimple every month or so. However, last week, after a long, sleepless night of studying for an exam, I got a pimple on my left cheek. I figured ok, whatever, and dabbed some tea tree oil and moved on. But then I started forming new pimples on each successive day, I even got a pimple in a section of my cheek that never breaks out. Absolutely nothing changed with my diet or anything, what happened? Does my cleanser suddenly not work anymore?

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 12/10/2012 4:40 pm

Get rid of the tea tree oil, and only stick to one astringent. Why are you using 2? Sometimes the best treatment is the most simple regimen you can get away with. Adding too many extra steps can make your skin freak out. Good luck.

JNorton52 liked
MemberMember
(@jnorton52)

Posted : 12/10/2012 11:27 pm

I think you're right, my breakouts are worse in the area I'm applying the most tea tree oil. Thank you so much, I'll give it a try.

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 12/12/2012 7:36 pm

Some people respond terribly to any oil. Check out the user reviews here for "Oil-Cleansing Method". Tea Tree is a strong disinfectant for sure, but you already have that element with your astringent. Using both might be excessive for your skin. Hope that you clear up soon!