Help Face Stinging ...

Notifications
Clear all

Help Face Stinging So Bad I Can't Sleep

MemberMember
(@acneman21293)

Posted : 12/10/2012 1:29 am

The regimen never really gives me trouble but when I incorporate jojoba oil it tends to sting. Well tonight after I added 3 drops for my chin acne my face is absolutely on fire! I can't decide whether to watch off all the treatment to make it feel better or suck it up. Washing off bp right after I apply it seems to always leave the skin red and irritated. Please help me someone this is a nightmare. I've about had it with this

I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to jojoba oil.

MemberMember
(@hunyeo)

Posted : 12/10/2012 1:42 am

Do u use a fan when you dry up ur regimen? Cuz when i apply the treatment and moisturizer it stings also. But it goes away when i use a fan. But im not allergic to jojoba oil (that i know of). If my face is super dry i use more jojoba oil instead. Hehhee... I fan around 10 minutes or when the moisturizer gets absorbed..

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/10/2012 2:25 am

The regimen never really gives me trouble but when I incorporate jojoba oil it tends to sting. Well tonight after I added 3 drops for my chin acne my face is absolutely on fire! I can't decide whether to watch off all the treatment to make it feel better or suck it up. Washing off bp right after I apply it seems to always leave the skin red and irritated. Please help me someone this is a nightmare. I've about had it with this

I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to jojoba oil.

Maybe not an allergy, but possibly irritant contact dermatitis. It would be a very good idea to discontinue jojoba oil.

MemberMember
(@paulinarae)

Posted : 12/10/2012 4:44 am

I had some stinging issues before, although I don't think it was from the jojoba oil, I would just wash it off with cold water & take a day or half day off applying the regimen & it me helped a lot!

If you think or know its the jojoba oil stop using it & try just using a moisturizer without jojoba oil. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/10/2012 10:26 am

Sounds like an allergic reaction to me. I was allergic to the BP when I tried the regimen. Anything that uncomfortable is NOT good. I would've washed off and just went without treatment that night. No need to suffer needlessly... I would not recommend using again!! See a derm if the Regiment doesn't work for you. Thats what I eventually had to do..

MemberMember
(@acneman21293)

Posted : 12/10/2012 1:44 pm

The pain eventually was bearable enough so that I could sleep but my skin felt so weird this morning and is beet red from the reaction. The jojoba oil broke me out a little too. My skin is has dry as can be, red, and a little broken out. Don't think I've every been this depressed about my skin.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 12/11/2012 8:32 pm

Acneman, are you into the 2nd/3rd week of the regimen? If you are, I'm afraid that this is a perfectly normal reaction for many people. As your skin adjusts to the BP it will become less red, dry and irritated.

I would suggest leaving jojoba oil alone and use cetaphil moisturiser for a couple of weeks. This is a thick and greasy moisturiser (so be prepared) but it will help to sooth and moisturise your skin while you adjust to BP. Once your skin is adjusted a bit more, switch back to Dan's moisturiser and jojoba oil as I found that is the combination that really got me clear.

Good luck!