Notifications
Clear all

Fade Those Dark Marks Fast!

MemberMember
(@kayylaa13)

Posted : 12/09/2012 8:18 pm

I went to a dermatologist and got cetaphil oil face wash and cetaphil oil moisturizer. Then they gave me aczone to put on morning and night and epiduo to put on at night. Wash and moisturize face twice a day and my dark marks have faded almost 100% in 3 months. No more breakouts at all! Dark marks are very light. This stuff has worked miracles, I'm starting to love my skin. I had them for 8 months finally went to a dermatologist and 3 months of using these products their almost gone!!

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 12/09/2012 9:24 pm

That's great! :) I have some news that may or may not be bad though. 2 years ago I also used aczone in the morning and epiduo at night (I didn't use any moisturizer though) and my skin cleared up extremely well almost magically, my skin got better and better for about a year and a half. After that year and a half however, my skin slowly started getting worse and worse. After another six months of continuing to use it, my skin got so bad that I just stopped using them because they weren't even working anymore. For 3 months I tried other methods (natural remidies, changing my diet), and nothing worked. My skin got worse and worse, and I was about to start my freshman year of college in a few weeks! So at that point out of desperation I decided to give up and to try using the same products that I thankfully didn't throw away again. It's been about 3 months, and my skin is improving again, just as good as when I first used it 2 years ago! I think it stopped working in the first place because aczone is a topical antibiotic, and your body eventually gets used to antibiotics over time. So those 3 months allowed my skin to "forget" about the antibiotics I guess, and now it's working just like it was before.

So I guess my advice is keep using it, but after about a year and a half later if you notice it starts getting worse and worse, either take a few months break and try it again, or switch over to something like Dan's regimen where lots of people have had success. The good news for you is that your skin will keep getting better and better and you will feel like acne is a thing of the past, but just remember that it might stop working and you might have to deal with acne all over again if you don't switch over to the regimen or find something else.

MemberMember
(@wrongtiming)

Posted : 12/10/2012 4:39 pm

i've been using aczone for 2 weeks now...is it supposed to help fade dark marks? or just the breakouts?

MemberMember
(@kayylaa13)

Posted : 12/11/2012 9:18 pm

That's great! 🙂 I have some news that may or may not be bad though. 2 years ago I also used aczone in the morning and epiduo at night (I didn't use any moisturizer though) and my skin cleared up extremely well almost magically, my skin got better and better for about a year and a half. After that year and a half however, my skin slowly started getting worse and worse. After another six months of continuing to use it, my skin got so bad that I just stopped using them because they weren't even working anymore. For 3 months I tried other methods (natural remidies, changing my diet), and nothing worked. My skin got worse and worse, and I was about to start my freshman year of college in a few weeks! So at that point out of desperation I decided to give up and to try using the same products that I thankfully didn't throw away again. It's been about 3 months, and my skin is improving again, just as good as when I first used it 2 years ago! I think it stopped working in the first place because aczone is a topical antibiotic, and your body eventually gets used to antibiotics over time. So those 3 months allowed my skin to "forget" about the antibiotics I guess, and now it's working just like it was before.

So I guess my advice is keep using it, but after about a year and a half later if you notice it starts getting worse and worse, either take a few months break and try it again, or switch over to something like Dan's regimen where lots of people have had success. The good news for you is that your skin will keep getting better and better and you will feel like acne is a thing of the past, but just remember that it might stop working and you might have to deal with acne all over again if you don't switch over to the regimen or find something else.

My dermatologist told me if you don't moisturize your skin it will get dry and cause my breakouts and breakouts to be worse than before

i've been using aczone for 2 weeks now...is it supposed to help fade dark marks? or just the breakouts?

I honestly don't know lol I think it helps with both

MemberMember
(@kayylaa13)

Posted : 03/08/2013 11:55 pm

My dermatologist gave me all the same thing and it has worked miracles I've been using all the products for 4 months my marks are fading wonderfully. I had the marks for over a year too. I had a bad breakout last week but it is healing good. Good luck to you :)