Benzoyl Peroxide No...

Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide Not Working? Please Help!

MemberMember
(@istecrew)

Posted : 12/09/2012 3:16 pm

Hi I've been using oxy 10% BP for about a month now, 1 hour before bed every night but it seems like I still get acne on my cheeks? why is this how long does it take for it to work?

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 12/09/2012 3:58 pm

Slapping on high dosages of BP just a night, might work for some... but its much better to use 2.5% BP both morning and night, so that its on you 24hrs a day.

Basically you need to start following the regimen.... it worked for me!

http://www.acne.org/regimen

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 12/09/2012 3:59 pm

Sometimes it takes awhile for bp to work. I truly think it depends on how congested your pores are. It took me about 3-4 months to be like 80% clear. My skin was very congested. Lots of blackheads, closed comedones and cysts.

Give it two months. If you don't see any improvement after two months try hibiclens wash. You can read the reviews on here. It works great!!!

MemberMember
(@istecrew)

Posted : 12/09/2012 4:41 pm

Sometimes it takes awhile for bp to work. I truly think it depends on how congested your pores are. It took me about 3-4 months to be like 80% clear. My skin was very congested. Lots of blackheads, closed comedones and cysts.

Give it two months. If you don't see any improvement after two months try hibiclens wash. You can read the reviews on here. It works great!!!

Alright man Thnx :))

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 12/09/2012 5:16 pm

Alright man Thnx :))

No problem 🙂

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 12/09/2012 10:51 pm

aggh don't use 10% you don't need it, 2.5% works just as well... just don't go lower than 2.5 trust me that will do literally nothing, been there used that. Here's my estimation for how long it'll take for your skin to get cleared up using the regimen/benzoyl peroxide, if it even works for you at all:

Very Light (non inflammatory acne, just whiteheads): 2-3 weeks

Mild Acne (minor irritated, discoloration skin, whiteheads and pustules): 3-4 weeks

Moderate Acne (papules, pustules, inflammation) 1-3 months

Moderately Severe Acne: (cystic, inflamed, sore, skin) 1-5 months

Severe Acne: (severe cystic acne + other types of severe acne), 3-6 months (very low change that it will work)

Extremely Severe: (speaks for itself) 6+ months (with little to no chance of BP working at all)