Notifications
Clear all

Please.. Help Me!

MemberMember
(@nathanmc93live-co-uk)

Posted : 12/09/2012 11:39 am

Here is my face... Unfortunately!

25f3ytt.jpg

I have had acne since I was 12, I am now 19 and still battling it. With no luck at all may I add! I have very oily acne prone skin. I have tried everything and no longer have the strength in me to continue, I just can't cope! It is destroying me mentally and physically. I have no confidence, extremely shy and I hate going out. The only reason why I am still here today is because of my boyfriend, It would crush him if something happened me. Although being with him doesn't make me feel any better, he is good looking, flawless perfect skin and he is the most confident person I've ever met. We are complete opposites so I wonder how long it will take for him to realize that and leave me...

I have been to the doctors about my depression a few times now and they have done nothing to help me. I have gave up on them too they are useless! Only the doctors know how I really feel inside and I am still left feeling helpless.

I have been to the dermatologist countless of times and here is what they gave me to try:

Oral Medication:

- Tetracycline

- Oxytetracycline

- Doxycycline

Topical Creams:

- Duac

- Differin

- Epiduo

- Oxy 10

Chemical Peels:

- 30% Salicylic Acid Peels

Diets:

- Acne Free in 3 Days (Apple Diet)

- No Diary

- No Sugary foods

Vitamins:

- Vitamin C

- Acidophilus

- Garlic Capsules

- Omega 3,6,9

- Zinc

After none of these worked I was discharged from dermatology! I guess they gave up trying to help me...

So then I started to spend huge amounts of money on brands such as Clinique and Origins. I have also tried ALL the products available over the counter!

The only thing I have not tried is Accutane.

Can someone please help me?

* Mod edit - There were sentences that contained ideals that are not encouraged on this board, so they were removed.

MemberMember
(@skinnynigga)

Posted : 12/11/2012 2:02 am

i know this is hard but DONT USE ANY PRODUCTS they are only TEMPORARY SOLUTIONS. Havent you noticed that when you used a product that helped it just came back when you stoped using it. just use water only and you will break out but it is the chemicals leaving your face and your face adjusting back to normal... just like when you stop using benzoyl peroxide on your face and the acne starts coming back... dont use cleanser moisurizer, apple cider vinegar, "natural products" NOO PRODUCTS ON YOUR FACE EVER. USE WATER ONLY and come back in a couple of months look up ashley nicole on acne.org

MemberMember
(@relentless-rasta)

Posted : 12/11/2012 10:09 am

Hey mate as hard as it is try not to worry this can cause more so try and relax if you can and not get over stressed hard i know... How long did you try zinc and vitimin c for and what amounts if you can recall? It took a while for it to take effect but it eventually did when i took higher doses zinc is the main thing clearing me up i dare not take it!! Chemical peels have been a godsend to me but thats only advisable after you have no active spots i found sa to irritate my skin and cause further spots..have you considered the regime? it does work but if you were to use this dont overload it on i found myself scaring in the places i used bp on. Dove soap is an amazing cleanser that is so gentle and mosturising to this day it has never gave me a spot or dried my skin out after profusely using it maybe give that a go? I dont really have much more i can gave you as i have no experience with most topicals. And keep going and badgering your doctor until they help you out with ur depression let them know you are having thoughts of not wanting to carry on, they are obliged to treat you or give you medication when you are that low in ur self. Good luck mate

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/09/2013 2:12 pm

Randomer, have you tried high frequency treatments? They are not as expensive as peels if you get them done on their own (without a full facial treatment), and they help minimize redness and infected acne. I think you need to get the redness under control and then look into internal causes for the acne because external treatments, as other people already told you, are just temporary. High frequency disinfects the acne you already have, but then you need to figure out how to prevent new acne from surfacing.

Clinique and Origins products did not help my acne at all! Neither did proactive or murad. Maybe look into boscia which is a more natural line, but still try to minimize what you put on your face to help it calm down.