Quit The Regimen......

Notifications
Clear all

Quit The Regimen...skin Still Discolored.

MemberMember
(@kellerman)

Posted : 12/09/2012 11:12 am

I've been off the regimen for several months now, and my skin is still discolored. It's like, the skin around my eyes is pale and the rest of my face is tan looking. All I've been doing is washing my face with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. Is this because of the cleanser, or the months and months I was putting BP on my face? Will it ever go away? I'd like to keep using the cleanser because its helped keep me relatively clear...

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 12/09/2012 1:19 pm

Wow, I have the exact same problem as you. I really do wish I knew what I was getting myself into before I used it. My face is tanned (in a weird blotchy way) but the skin around my eyes and my neck for that matter are an entirely different colour. It's coming up 5 years now and it never wet away. I'm going to go for a TCA peel sometime in the future, as my last hope.

KellerMan liked
MemberMember
(@mrsuitntie)

Posted : 12/14/2012 7:46 pm

Uhm is this true..? because I only recently started doing the redgime...

but its working. i would rather have discolored skin than acne everywhere

MemberMember
(@kellerman)

Posted : 12/17/2012 7:04 am

It's true for some people, not others. I'm clear just off an oral antibiotic and a cleanser now...skin is still discolored from the regimen I used to use, several months ago...

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 12/17/2012 6:09 pm

itll eventually go away, i burnt my chin with the BP once.. (put it on after using a peeling gel ._. ) and i used the regimen for about a month after that, and then later quit. i think it took up to like 6-8 months to fade away completely, its so gradual i never noticed exactly when it was gone but it does go away

KellerMan liked
MemberMember
(@kellerman)

Posted : 12/18/2012 7:48 pm

itll eventually go away, i burnt my chin with the BP once.. (put it on after using a peeling gel ._. ) and i used the regimen for about a month after that, and then later quit. i think it took up to like 6-8 months to fade away completely, its so gradual i never noticed exactly when it was gone but it does go away

Thank you, that makes me feel much better :). I'm getting microdermabrasion done soon, hoping that might help also.

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 12/18/2012 10:10 pm

I only use BP on the middle area of my face and unfortnatly I discolour, doesn't show too bad but it's noticable, it's better to live with out acne than a slightly discoloured face!