Notifications
Clear all

Know The Cause, How To Cure ?

MemberMember
(@chaching)

Posted : 12/09/2012 10:41 am

im 98.9% sure i have hyperthyroidism. At first i thought i had low estrogen due to low body fat which caused my acne, then as i started researching more into hyperthyroid, i realized it causes a fast metabolism which causes low estrogen which causes high testosterone which causes more hair and yada yada. My mom also had thyroid problems but i never linked it. Now that i think about it, all of this fits to me. Im just wondering how can i fix this naturally without going to a doctor? Also, i am currently taking vitamin b5 with l-cystenine. i been taking this for over 7 months. i never got clear but it did help a little so i just stuck with it. How do i get off this without breaking out?

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/09/2012 1:22 pm

Very interesting. Can you tell me what hyperthyroidism is?

MemberMember
(@chaching)

Posted : 12/09/2012 6:48 pm

Its basically an overactive thyroid

MemberMember
(@mikito)

Posted : 04/17/2013 6:17 am

Have you tried zinc gluconate? it worked for me at a dosage of 30 mg ( twice a day).

It's curious, I have cystic acne, and my mother has hypothyroidism ( she also suffered from cystic acne in the past), and last month I had my blood tested, and the doctor checking out my TSH levels said that I was going to have problems with thyroid in a short time, but he didn't say if it was going to be hyper o hypothyroidism. I had 4.30 TSH, and normal levels are suposed to be from 1.2 - 4.2 TSH. What levels do you have?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/21/2013 7:24 pm

im 98.9% sure i have hyperthyroidism. At first i thought i had low estrogen due to low body fat which caused my acne, then as i started researching more into hyperthyroid, i realized it causes a fast metabolism which causes low estrogen which causes high testosterone which causes more hair and yada yada. My mom also had thyroid problems but i never linked it. Now that i think about it, all of this fits to me. Im just wondering how can i fix this naturally without going to a doctor? Also, i am currently taking vitamin b5 with l-cystenine. i been taking this for over 7 months. i never got clear but it did help a little so i just stuck with it. How do i get off this without breaking out?

You should get checked out by a doctor. Ask him/her to test your thyroid activity, that's the only way you can tell if you have hyperthyroidism.

I too think I may have this problem, so when I get home for the summer I'm getting it checked by my doctor. I think (and hope) that it could be the cause or a strong contributing factor of my very oily skin because it's very treatable; if not I am slowly running out of possibilities for finding a fix for my oily skin LOL.

I have some textbook hyperthyroidism symptoms:

• insanely fast metabolism; I eat at least 5000 calories a day just to MAINTAIN my bodyweight with the working out I do
  • I have an above average body temperature; I never get cold, sometimes I shovel snow in shorts and a T-shirt, and people have told me skin is hot to the touch
  • oily skin; biggest pain in the arse ever

OR this is just how my body works. It's quite easy to think you have something and then google the symptoms, as you'll find yourself being "generous'" as you look at each symptom and see if it describes you. It could just be my optimism, but regardless T3 and T4 hormones are on the master list of hormone and nutrient serum levels I'm getting checked over the summer; in the hopes that something may surface and describe why my skin is so oily when I have NO other problems.

Like I said, get checked out before you try to self-treat it though