Notifications
Clear all

Crushed :/

MemberMember
(@havefaith22)

Posted : 12/08/2012 10:18 pm

I feel like I would be an absolutely beautiful girl without my bad skin. And that horrible. Why do I have to think that way?? People keep saying stress makes it worse, but is it just me or us it extremely difficult to NOT stress? Anyone gave tips? I work out everyday but that doesn't decrease my stress level.. I used to love life, but find it difficult now :/ someone please help me? I don't wanna regret the way I live my life due to a physical feature. I never felt this way, probably because my Acne didn't vein until 2 years ago. Anyone??

Didn't begin **

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/08/2012 10:35 pm

Have you been to a derm? What have you done till now to treat your skin?

MemberMember
(@yaritza1)

Posted : 12/08/2012 10:39 pm

I fiel the same way, there is no one in my family who has suffered from acne and I have never suffered until I started school again. I was known for being the pretty one in school. My acne isn't extremely bad, the only problem is I can't stp picking it but in fact, right now I am alone while everyone is at a party because I am depressed over my acne. I have even called a crisis hotline because I can't stand the pain. the only thing that keeps me going on is the fact that acne is only temporary and you CAN control it. I recommend that you don't pick anything on your face at all unless the tip of your pimple is white. Putting makeup on a red spot is good because it dries the spot so it heals. I'm here in this battle with you and we will conquer it together

MemberMember
(@havefaith22)

Posted : 12/08/2012 10:40 pm

Yes I've been to one number outs times the past two years, mostly because I never waited anything out long enough to see if it worked. But most recently, I was on ziana gel for over 2 months but my derm took me off it cuz it took me from mild to moderate acne. Now I am on epiduo and doxycycline once a day. What do you think? Any knowledge on the 2?

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 12/09/2012 2:23 am

sleep makes a huge difference for me.... over thanksgiving break i slept a ton, and my skin was almost completely clear. and then i went back to waking up early for school and started getting pimples again -___-

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/10/2012 9:04 am

I feel like I would be an absolutely beautiful girl without my bad skin. And that horrible. Why do I have to think that way?? People keep saying stress makes it worse, but is it just me or us it extremely difficult to NOT stress? Anyone gave tips? I work out everyday but that doesn't decrease my stress level.. I used to love life, but find it difficult now :/ someone please help me? I don't wanna regret the way I live my life due to a physical feature. I never felt this way, probably because my Acne didn't vein until 2 years ago. Anyone??

Didn't begin **

Diet

Family life

Personal life

Lack of sleep

Life style

and the list goes one. One of the above or all can cause stress.

You have to change the you think only then will you be free of your current situation.

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/10/2012 9:43 am

If all else fails try accutane. I was scared of it for a long time, but since I've been on it I actually feel more confident, even with an IB! I feel like there is hope, even though it will probably take awhile. I was really distraught when my acne got severe. I cried all the time and didn't understand why this was happening to me. My family and friends and husband are all perfectly clear, no matter how they treat their skin and I am so careful yet get acne! I had controlled it for 5 1/2 years with topicals before this recent, severe, painful breakout that came up in less than a week... It has been especially hard to cope with since my face was perfectly clear for so long before this and I am 29 and people can't understand why I have this since they think acne is a teenage disease... My acne is also way worse this time than ever before and I've had trouble going out in public and getting the stares, but I've also really grown from this experience. I feel like suffering through something like severe facial acne only makes us stronger. We can take a lot more than those who waltz through life with perfect skin and survive it! Just remember and tell yourself like I do that this is only temporary and you are still beautiful despite the spots! Do not let acne define how you see youself! I was the homecoming and prom queen in high school and now my face is a swollen, bumpy mess, but I know underneath I'm still me and am on the road to recovery! I WILL look like myself again! My mind is made up and there's no stopping pure, raw determination! Be proactive and ask your derm about changing meds til you find something that works for you and don't be scared to take the plunge and try accutane if it comes to that. I was scared too, but so far so good and there is so much support here for those of us going through our first course of treatment! Who knows, maybe you won't even need this step and a combo of antibiotics/topicals will work for you. I'm sure there is something that is going to put those spots to rest once and for all, it's just a matter of trial and error to find the right treatment for your skin. Best of luck to you, gorgeous! wink.png

MemberMember
(@havefaith22)

Posted : 12/10/2012 9:51 am

Yaritza1, I'm glad you understand! Trust me there have been plenty of parties that I missed out on due to acne and I really kick myself for it. To my other responders, thank you. I will try to keep those tips in mind. I know stress has ALOT to do with my acne because my stress level is through the roof! It's difficult to 'not stress' though, ya know?? Luckily christmas break starts tomorrow and I quit my one if two jobs so hopefully I can use this month to relax, catch up on sleep and just have fun. I workout a lot too, hopefully the sweat factor isn't a huge deal since I shower right when I get home. Also, is it natural that my cerave moisturizer burns when I put it on after my epiduo at night? Is it safe to simple not moisturizer at night time?? Boat load if questions here! Makeup too, I wear both concealer and powder, is that bad? My derm said that shouldn't be a factor because 99% of products made today steer away from acne causing ingridients? Who knows she may just want my money!! Lol any answer to any question would be extremely appreciated!!

Brownilocks! You replied the same time as me do I missed your response, but that was beautiful :) and I COMPLETELY agree with you on so many levels.. And I can totally relate. I too, was very popular in high and most of college until BOOM! But like you said it makes us way stronger. I am so much less judgemental on others and have truly changed as a person. WHEN I get clear, I will really really appreciate every aspect of life so much more,. I'm gonna give epiduo the full three months and if I am unsuccessful, I'm asking about accutane, but I am not sure it is bad enough. Hopefully, in a weird way, it is lol! But I posted something previously mentioning that I began birth control for the first time less than three months ago, could that be worsening my acne? Loestren 24, doxycycline and stomach medicine for ibs. Which brings me to this question.. Could my stomach problems be the cause if my acne???

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/10/2012 11:02 am

Hey, glad I could help! ;) I agree, give everything a chance first. In terms of the accutane, derms will proscribe for very persistent acne in addition to severe. You just have to run the gauntlet of failed treatments first sadly... I would give the BC a little longer, but both my derm and OB-GYN advised that your body pretty much adjusts to it within 3 months, so after that, not much effect. I've been on BC for years and switched brands a couple times. Never any real effect one way or the other on my acne for me, but my younger sister started it last year and her skin looks great now, so to each his own. I didn't know you had IBS, if so make sure you tell the derm if you ever do use the accutane as there might be some additional risk of digestive side effects. I've heard of liver enzymes, pancreas, gall bladder, and thyroid contributing to acne, but not stomach, though I'm sure it could be possible. Be sure to ask on your next visit to the doc. Meds could always contribute. Doxy should help, but my sis-in-law had intestinal probs and one of her meds gave her mild to mod forehead acne (not sure what it was though). Good luck to ya and keep us posted on your journey for clear skin!!

MemberMember
(@havefaith22)

Posted : 12/11/2012 9:24 am

Again, thank you so much you're very helpful! But, I did give my derm a call yesterday Nd informed her that I started taking the bc the same time as the topical, which is when it began to solely worsen, so she suggested that I lay off the birth control for a little while and see if changes occur. She said it was my call, so I have til 11:30 to decide if I wanna take it when my med alarm goes off on my phone! Lol I mean, I have never been on bc in my entire life, and never had this issue til now so I MIGHT really consider this. I'm glad you think the doxy will help, I will watch out for the internal side effects though. What has helped you the most? Accutane??

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/11/2012 10:51 am

The BC does contain hormones so it could be breaking you out. If you go off it and see improvement than you know you have found the culprit. You can always get back on it later if you go off, just (of course) use other protection as needed. At first, I did good on antibiotics and topicals and stayed clear for 5 1/2 years using tazorac topical. I had moderate to severe acne when I started treatment with a derm. I started my antibiotics with doxy. Like everything else, it works for some better than others and didn't really do anything for me. I had much better results with minocycline overall. If the doxy doesn't work for you I'd try it instead. It all depends on how severe and/or persistent your acne is what will and won't work for you. I had been doing so well on my topicals (only took antibiotics a year and 1/2 then weaned off) before this happened and then my acne took a turn for the worse (very severe this time). Hoping the accutane will work for me once and for all!

MemberMember
(@havefaith22)

Posted : 12/11/2012 11:54 am

Ahh we'll I'm praying bc is the culprit! Because I'm petrified that when I wean off the topical and doxy that it'll come back! Fingers crossed. Does it come back for everyone do you know? It is it 50/50???

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/11/2012 2:41 pm

No its pretty much unpredictable, lol. Some get clear with less effort than others. Some (like me) can't seem to shake it. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones! ;)

MemberMember
(@secretsky)

Posted : 12/13/2012 2:33 am

Havefaith 22,

I was reading through your posts and I noticed that you started taking Loestren 24. There are only a few birth control pills that help acne and that's not one of them. That could be one thing that is triggering your acne! I went on accutane before (I'm on a second course now) and what started my cystic acne was me going on a birthcontrol pill called LoFe I think. Anyhow, it was Lo something. It was the one that melts in your mouth instead of swallowing it. After starting that pill....my face just went dowwwwnnn wards. I already had mild acne to begin with, but it went from mild to severe in a matter of a few months.

If you have to go on bc I'd suggest Orthotricyclen. That's what I've been taking for about 3 years now.

Good Luck! I really hope it helps you get clear! Keep your head up, and you'll be fine!

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 12/13/2012 6:47 am

This won't clear your acne, but try upping your exercise. It promotes self esteem and self worth because it triggers the happy part of your brain = less stress.

MemberMember
(@havefaith22)

Posted : 12/13/2012 7:51 pm

Secretsky, thank you so much for the advice! I hope your right and I will talk to my gyno about the orthotricyclone! Our stories seem to match up!

Spotthedifference, thanks for the input! But, I'm already I workout nut lol! I work at a gym and workout about 2 hours a day for stress relief, health and fitness reasons.. I agree with you about the increase in endorphins due to exercise!

MemberMember
(@secretsky)

Posted : 12/14/2012 3:52 am

Havefaith22,

There is orthotricyclen Lo and just the regular ortho. I am not sure if you're in the US or not but the ortho Lo does not have a generic but the regular one does. The regular one is much cheaper because its generic is like 9 bucks at walgreens, SAMS or Costco. If you look it up online you'll even notice the reviews about it helping acne. its actually FDA approved to help with acne. There is also YAZ (or yasmine) but my derm took me off of it because there are some cases against it. I personally liked YAZ better but hey, I trusted my derm enough and she was looking for my best interest.

Also, keep in mind that it does take a few months to kick in....I know utter torture! But hang in there, with the antibiotics you're taking and the creams you should see results soon. Shoot me a message if you have any other questions....I'd love to help! I've been an acne sufferer for a while (after starting that damn pill) and I've done it all!!! It's not even funny.

Good Luck!!

~Secretsky

MemberMember
(@havefaith22)

Posted : 12/14/2012 11:31 pm

Well, oddly enough.. I haven't taken the birth control for 4 days or so now and I feel like my skin is improving! Coincidence? Now for all I know it may just be that the epiduo and doxycycline are kicking in, but I'm not jinxing myself so I'm gonna stay off the loestren to be safe! Thanks again though and I'm glad you found something that works for you! I will talk to my Gyno in a month I two about your suggested bc's!!!!

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 12/14/2012 11:40 pm

Aww don't feel that way. I know beautiful people with acne... and trust me, you are your worst judge. My advice to you is just stay positive, even though your skin may not be the best... There are other qualities about yourself! I know obsessing over our skin is easy, but it's not healthy. Try doing things to get your mind off of it. It'll only make you feel worse when you're just staring at yourself thinking of how ugly you are... Staring at a pimple won't make it go away. It's not easy, and I honestly felt the same way. EVERYONE'S BEAUTIFUL!

MemberMember
(@havefaith22)

Posted : 12/19/2012 12:06 am

I 100% agree with you and I REALLY wish I had your attitude! I work out a lot, but do you recommend other ways to relieve stress and help stay positive?? I don't really have other hobbies

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 12/20/2012 11:52 am

I 100% agree with you and I REALLY wish I had your attitude! I work out a lot, but do you recommend other ways to relieve stress and help stay positive?? I don't really have other hobbies

Ok here's my advice: Whenever you're feeling like crap about your skin, don't avoid the mirror. Face it. Tell yourself that you are beautiful, and worth something. It may seem stupid, but it works. Your subconscious mind will believe it, whether you do or not. If you don't have many other hobbies, go out try things! Painting is a great stress relief, and so is working out, so I guess you're on the right path there. Meditation, yoga... Those are some great stress reliefs. Like your username implies, have faith. Faith will find you a solution; maybe not right away, but it will happen. Good luck!