Notifications
Clear all

Still Breaking Out.... Help Me!

MemberMember
(@disneygirl)

Posted : 12/08/2012 2:35 pm

Hello all! I am new to adding topics to the website, but I've been following the discussion for some time. I am in need of some advice. I have suffered from acne since I was in 5th grade and now I am 23. I've gone to derms, but they never helped and I just got so frustrated with their advice.

Here's my lifestyle:

• I'm a vegetarian

• I have eliminated dairy from my diet for a month

• I have eliminated gluten from my diet entirely for a month

• I take the following vitamins: Multi-day, Vitamin E, Black Walnut, Probiotic complex, and a few general others.

• I wash my face with coconut soap

• I use tea tree oil for zits and whiteheads that occur

My whiteheads and zits occur only around my mouth, chin, and around/under my nose. Not only do I have those zits, I have lots of scarring from years of acne.

How long does it take for my body to clear up if it is the gluten and dairy sensitivity? I'm STILL breaking out!!!!! I thought I was doing good, but now today and yesterday I broke out with a few. Could that time of the month be doing this to me? If so, what can I do to stop it?

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 12/08/2012 4:56 pm

I cut out gluten and it took 7 - 8 weeks to start seeing results. However gluten elimination didn't clear me - it stopped the mega pimples from forming only.

Cutting out dairy doesn't usually have a major effect and from my experience it won't clear you. However it should help.

Are you taking soy? I'd cut that out completely. I got pimples in that location when I was forced to drink a large cup of fresh soy milk everyday.

You should read the thread discussing probiotics and see the diet they recommend.

If I was forced to go vegan, my diet would be avocados, coconut oil, raw milk, butter, kefir, probiotic supplement, lettuce/spinach/leafy veggies - and if you could make one exception, raw unfertilized eggs from pastured chickens that are living life the way it should be lived for protein.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/09/2012 1:01 am

Are you a veg for moral or health reasons? Diet is everything and controls every balance in your body. I know you say youre a vegetarian, but i recommend wild fish, some organic poultry, some grass fed local beef, eliminating all carbs except for an occasional sweet potato, and having a few nuts seed and limited fruits. Eat avacodo- eliminate soy. eat more cinnamon and turmeric. cut out beans. Cut out all caffeine, sugar and allll grains and dairy. Consume lots of healthy fats and proteins at every meal. Take fermented cod liver oil, use grass fed butter and coconut oil, olive oil, Etc. daily. Don't drink with meals- but take a shot of acv before you eat to imepove digestion. Stop washing your face with coconut soap it may break you out. Avoid stress, sleep well and get tested for allergies and hormonal imbalance. Exercise and avoid supplements. If anything, take a hair skins and nails vitamin complex and keep it minimal.

MemberMember
(@remyhelps123)

Posted : 12/13/2012 4:56 am

Probiotics sometimes make people break out due to dairy ingredients. Maybe try to take some dairy-free probiotics instead..?

They're more expensive from what I've seen but in the long run it could give you all the benefits with a lot less breakouts. :)

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/14/2012 6:58 pm

Too many supplements have the opposite. U manly need zinc, vitamin A and E for healthy skin.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/15/2012 1:02 pm

Any of those supplements could contain gluten, first of all. Maybe you've checked, but if not, definitely do so. I only buy supplements that are certified gluten, dairy, corn and soy free. Country life is a good brand, but be careful as not all of their stuff is safe. They clearly list the ingredients on the bottle, though.

Definitely eliminate soy if you haven't already.

I don't recommend being a vegetarian.

MemberMember
(@kowaihannah)

Posted : 12/16/2012 7:38 pm

Have you ever looked into hormone imbalance?

Sometimes, in women, acne around the chin, jaw, and mouth area is due to hormone imbalance. Chasteberry can help if you have high estrogen, but low progesterone (sp?), and I think Mugwort can help if you have low estrogen.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/17/2012 9:00 am

Hello all! I am new to adding topics to the website, but I've been following the discussion for some time. I am in need of some advice. I have suffered from acne since I was in 5th grade and now I am 23. I've gone to derms, but they never helped and I just got so frustrated with their advice.

Here's my lifestyle:

• I'm a vegetarian
  • I have eliminated dairy from my diet for a month
  • I have eliminated gluten from my diet entirely for a month
  • I take the following vitamins: Multi-day, Vitamin E, Black Walnut, Probiotic complex, and a few general others.
  • I wash my face with coconut soap
  • I use tea tree oil for zits and whiteheads that occur

My whiteheads and zits occur only around my mouth, chin, and around/under my nose. Not only do I have those zits, I have lots of scarring from years of acne.

How long does it take for my body to clear up if it is the gluten and dairy sensitivity? I'm STILL breaking out!!!!! I thought I was doing good, but now today and yesterday I broke out with a few. Could that time of the month be doing this to me? If so, what can I do to stop it?

What about the glycemic impact of your meals and drinks? And are you eating all real food or processed faux foods? Have you switched to a lot of gluten free processed foods which are often made with other grains that can do the same damage to digestive tract as wheat.

MemberMember
(@myadultacnecure)

Posted : 01/17/2013 10:07 am

Do you eat a lot of acid-rich foods? I am coming to the conclusion that we should eat mainly alkaline foods, and acid-rich foods may be the cause of our problems when it is not hormonal.

Good luck!!!