Notifications
Clear all

Severe Pain. I Need Help!

MemberMember
(@dyinginsider)

Posted : 12/07/2012 5:21 pm

Hi everyone i need serious help my acne is very painful and severe and I don't know what to do. I've tried most OTC products, herbalife, Clinique, and now I am trying the forever living products and cleanses. I just don't know what to do anymore this inflammation is so painful. Accutane is not an option for me please can you give me some help and suggestions, any help is very appreciated THANK YOU! here are some pics.post-191917-0-82340000-1354918688_thumb.post-191917-0-06829200-1354919053_thumb.

post-191917-0-82340000-1354918688_thumb.

post-191917-0-06829200-1354919053_thumb.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/07/2012 5:55 pm

Your acne is too severe to be treated with topical agents alone -- if it is causing you severe pain, go to a dermatologist ASAP!

Just out of curiosity, would you consider prescription oral antibiotcs and corticosteroids?

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 12/07/2012 5:56 pm

Your acne is very severe and I do not believe OTC products can help. Since you mentioned that you cannot take Accutane, what about oral antibiotics, topical antibiotics, and topical retinoids?

MemberMember
(@dyinginsider)

Posted : 12/07/2012 6:38 pm

Your acne is too severe to be treated with topical agents alone -- if it is causing you severe pain, go to a dermatologist ASAP!

Just out of curiosity, would you consider prescription oral antibiotcs and corticosteroids?

oral antibiotics yes but right now I am trying the internal cleanse to see if it helps.

How would you categorize the type of acne that I have?

Your acne is very severe and I do not believe OTC products can help. Since you mentioned that you cannot take Accutane, what about oral antibiotics, topical antibiotics, and topical retinoids?

Sorry about the disgusting pics. My brother suggested me to go on retin a and mynocycline but I will wait for my internal cleanse that i am doing and if that doesn't work then I will go to a dermatologist and ask for retina. What do you think the dermatologist might suggest? I want this inflammation to go ASAP is ruining my make-up routine.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/07/2012 6:51 pm

oral antibiotics yes but right now I am trying the internal cleanse to see if it helps.

I don't know about the rest of your face or back/chest, but I would say looking at your face it's severe. Severe acne is determined by the quantity and "quality" of pimples. "Moderate" acne is often bumped into the severe category if it is resistant to topical treatment, and/or relapses from treatment.

Also, are you on birth control or taking anti-androgens? If not, would you consider taking those two medications if a derm brought that up? What is this 'internal cleanse' you mentioned?

MemberMember
(@dyinginsider)

Posted : 12/07/2012 7:01 pm

I don't know about the rest of your face or back/chest, but I would say looking at your face it's severe. Severe acne is determined by the quantity and "quality" of pimples. "Moderate" acne is often bumped into the severe category if it is resistant to topical treatment, and/or relapses from treatment.

Also, are you on birth control or taking anti-androgens? If not, would you consider taking those two medications if a derm brought that up? What is this 'internal cleanse' you mentioned?

Hi Michelle no i am not on birth control or anti-androgens but I would consider them if it was brought up.

In regards of the the cleanse it is called forever living 9 day cleanse, google it if you want Thanks for the reply!!!!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/07/2012 8:10 pm

Hi Michelle no i am not on birth control or anti-androgens but I would consider them if it was brought up.

In regards of the the cleanse it is called forever living 9 day cleanse, google it if you want Thanks for the reply!!!!

About the cleanse: please discontinue it. There is no proof that "detoxing" is good for acne let alone for any disease, and "herbal, natural" supplements can be contaminated with heavy metals or illegal drugs. We really don't know what's in supplements, considering the lax laws on safety and regulation. The last thing I want to happen to you or anybody is getting lead or mercury poisoning!

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 12/07/2012 10:17 pm

You can try hibiclens wash. It works really well! It's been reviewed on here.

MemberMember
(@alwayshope)

Posted : 12/08/2012 12:51 pm

Hello dyinginsider, please don't feel alone with your battle with acne. Many do suffer. If you can, try to see a dermatologist to possibly get cortisone shots for the most inflamed area. The inflamation and pain could be reduced in about 48 hours. What happens a lot of times is there are multiple papules near each other that form a giant inflamed area. It hurts a lot and causes mental anguish to no end. Try to immediately eat clean as soon as possible. That means drink water instead of sodas, juices, alcohol, etc. Cut out the other sweets like cookies, candy, pie, cakes, cereal etc. Cut out glutten products. Cut out dairy products, milk, cheese etc. Eat lean meats if you are not vegetarian, a lot of vegetables, some fruit. Look into adding vitamins and minerals daily such as zinc, complex vitamin B's, vitamin D3 etc. If you have sores in your mouth like canker sores, you are lacking folic acid which is available from vegetables like broccoli or buy a supplement. When I had acne like you, BP got me fairly clear without diet changes. Since BP is known to increase hyperpigmentation, I have changed to a 10% sulfur ointment. Lastly, persevere during this and all difficult times. They will all pass with time.

MemberMember
(@godlovesme)

Posted : 12/09/2012 10:17 pm

Do you touch your face at all? I have trouble believing it got so severe on its own.

Try using aloe vera gel as your cleanser and only use soap once/twice a week. Drink 64-80 ounces of water a day. Cut back on meat (not including fish) and dairy. Once the inflammation is reduced, I would begin using something to actually treat your skin. But at the point that it is now, I'd leave it alone till it heals. Try doing avocado masks a few times a week. And, stay away from putting "hot" things on your face, eg: oils/honey.

When my skin was inflamed (similar to your inflammation) Lerosett Clay mask really helped, along with their healing serum. I suggest washing your face with aloe, as I had said, then using organic green tea as a toner, and then moisturizing with aloe again. Try this for 2-4 weeks and the pain/inflammation should lower. After that, try 10% sulfur as the person above suggested, mixed with a good moisturizer, I've had success with it (just don't use it everyday because it may make your skin worse).

Something else that really helped me with pain was doing this several times a week:

Best of luck smile.png

MemberMember
(@carp351)

Posted : 12/16/2012 2:10 am

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/16/2012 12:54 pm

Don't take oral antibiotics! They destroy your gut flora and mess your body up much worse in the long run. A ruined gut (if you don't have one already) is the last thing you want as an acne sufferer, trust me. You want to be healing your gut and rebuilding your body, and it's going to take time.

What is your diet like?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/17/2012 9:33 pm

Don't take oral antibiotics! They destroy your gut flora and mess your body up much worse in the long run. A ruined gut (if you don't have one already) is the last thing you want as an acne sufferer, trust me. You want to be healing your gut and rebuilding your body, and it's going to take time.

What is your diet like?

If oral antibiotics are misused/abused they can do damage to the gut flora. If she goes to a good, credible doctor the potential side effects would be minimized. It also depends on the type of antibiotic, dosage, how long she took it for, its mechanism of action, if the bacteria are resistant to antibiotics and if she does have other conditions with the acne like acne rosacea.

MemberMember
(@dyinginsider)

Posted : 12/29/2012 12:28 am

What is your diet like?

My diet is bad i hardly eat vegetables and I do a lot of binge eating. My diet consists of a lot of carbohydrates, i am like 25 pounds overweight but I have tried sticking to a good diet but I break it every time.

MemberMember
(@dyinginsider)

Posted : 12/29/2012 12:49 am

Update: I went to the dermatologist today because my face got worse, it started spreading on my forehead too. I didn't have insurance so I had to pay a lot. I was put on mynocline 55 mg and they gave me epiduo samples along with cetaphil foam wash for day and night. The derm said that if this doesn't work in 2 months I should go on accutane, right now I am praying for this to work because I don't want to go on accutane, it's too expensive and risky but if I have to do accutane I will.

Has anybody had a positive experience with mynocycline and epiduo working on severe cystic acne? and what are

the common side effects? My life is a constant nightmare and I just can't take it anymore somebody please help?

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 12/29/2012 6:27 pm

Update: I went to the dermatologist today because my face got worse, it started spreading on my forehead too. I didn't have insurance so I had to pay a lot. I was put on mynocline 55 mg and they gave me epiduo samples along with cetaphil foam wash for day and night. The derm said that if this doesn't work in 2 months I should go on accutane, right now I am praying for this to work because I don't want to go on accutane, it's too expensive and risky but if I have to do accutane I will.

Has anybody had a positive experience with mynocycline and epiduo working on severe cystic acne? and what are

the common side effects? My life is a constant nightmare and I just can't take it anymore somebody please help?

I was put on doxycycline and Epiduo a year ago and the combination did really help. However, my acne was moderate, not severe.

MemberMember
(@steamroom)

Posted : 12/29/2012 9:48 pm

What is your diet like?

My diet is bad i hardly eat vegetables and I do a lot of binge eating. My diet consists of a lot of carbohydrates, i am like 25 pounds overweight but I have tried sticking to a good diet but I break it every time.

This is the problem.

My acne was 90% due to my diet. I cut out all junks (YES it was very very very difficult, but I couldn't handle it anymore). My skin had probably hundreds of red marks, I mean it destroyed my social life.

Once I started eating (and even over eating) broccoli, my skin dramatically improved.

Step 1, before anything else, is change your diet.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 12/29/2012 11:30 pm

Step 1, before anything else, is change your diet.

^ This!

Though there's no conclusive evidence that diet affects acne, a balanced diet will definitely benefit you otherwise. You don't have to give up everything, but eat your vegetables, too. If you've tried but failed, try a little bit harder. Your body will thank you for it. Also make sure to sleep well and exercise a little bit, all good for you.