Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cojabo

Masturbation (serious!!!0

DUTASTERIDE for male problems including hair loss, prostate enlargement & acne

Ejaculation increases DHT levels which triggers pimple outbreaks

Acne is a common side effect from steroid use, and though thought by many to be purely cosmetic (and thus, basically harmless) it may be a sign of a larger problem under the skin.

Many steroids convert to DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) once in the body. This hormone is responsible not just for acne (receptors on the sebaceous glands have a high affinity to DHT, and respond by producing more oil.

This can lead to blackheads, pimples, & even cystic acne) but for hair loss & prostate enlargement. A serious acne problem needs to be treated because it brands an athlete as a steroid user. (Many steroid-using athletes are wrapped up in their own muscle-building world, & fail to realise what others think of them – shrugging acne off as ‘unavoidable’ & letting nothing get in the way of training & steroid intake).

What’s more, permanent scarring can result, destroying the appearance of even the most perfect physique. Finally the underlying cause (DHT) should be looked at, as it may be causing other problems.

Possible Solutions:

1 Reduce DHT Levels: Taking Proscar or Propecia will reduce DHT production. The herb Saw Palmetto will block DHT’s action & is also effective.

2 Eliminate High DHT-Conversion Drugs: Anapolon, Dianabol, Testosterone will convert to DHT at a rate of 20% or higher, & may have to be reduced in dosage or substituted.

See Section On DHT For More Details.

3 Benzoyl Peroxide: Topical preparations containing Benzoyl Peroxide applied twice daily after cleansing will help mild cases of acne.

4 Antibiotics: Can be used but are anti-anabolic & destroy intestinal flora. A pro-biotic supplement containing acidophilus & bifidus bacteria will help, but we do not see this as a long-term solution.

5 Solarium: Tanning beds help mask the problem by colouring the skin & also help to dry up excess oil. In our opinion a poor solution. Natural sunlight works slightly better.

6 Reduce Fat: Eliminating or reducing food containing animal fat has helped some people.

7 Accutane: Reputedly hard on the liver, & not to be taken while on steroids. One cycle of Accutane supposedly cures an athlete’s acne problem permanently, though people whom we have interviewed who have used it are divided in their opinions.

Best Solutions

Proscar 1/4 Tablet Daily (beats Propecia on price), Saw Palmetto, standardised to 100mg active 3 times daily. A diet high in water-content foods (fruit, vegetables), low in animal fats & low in sugar, plus vitamin A, C & Zinc supplements may help.

Saw Palmetto - Herbal Treatment

I also believe there is a link between masturbation and acne.

But sometimes, if i do not masturbate, I cannot fall asleep, and i became anxious. That would cause acne, too. either way, i am on a risk of getting new zits, so why don't i take a chance to enjoy and then have a sweet sleep?

Persistent erection without ejaculation would cause more DHT to raise, wouldn't it? So how to eliminate the sex illusion? That's not a simple thing to do sometimes...

omgitspres, you have a problem with masturbation, not because it causes acne, but because you think it is morally wrong and disgusting. this is an acne forum...not a place for you to spout your morality beliefs. go to a different forum.

I was thinking about the whole masturbation thing and the only way I could find it true in nature is this. You say if you masturbate then you get acne. Your body can't determine if you are having sex or masturbating so here's my theory. Once you masturbate your body thinks you just had sex and makes you have acne so that females won't find you and have sex with you for awhile. This is a body protection so that you don't have sex too much and mess something up with your health. I know this is probably not true but it's just something I thought about.

I also believe there is a link between masturbation and acne.

But sometimes, if i do not masturbate, I cannot fall asleep, and i became anxious. That would cause acne, too. either way, i am on a risk of getting new zits, so why don't i take a chance to enjoy and then have a sweet sleep?

omgitspres, you have a problem with masturbation, not because it causes acne, but because you think it is morally wrong and disgusting.  this is an acne forum...not a place for you to spout your morality beliefs.  go to a different forum.

wow masturbation is natural u know when i had my girlfiriend and had sex i did not do masturbation anymore but if u don't have a girl what are u supposed t do?

ok sorry im just really pissed cuz i want a clear face and im trying to find solutions and its easy to blame it on jacking off......even though there are guys at my school with clear faces that i think jack off.....i just want a clear face lol

take think and apple cider veniger tabletts they make me not break out after ajking of i just to get lots of new pimples after eeery single time

seriously, omgitspres, if you want to talk about the morality of masturbation, you should go to a religious forum. i mean, calling people who masturbate (which i don't, by the way) "sick, sex-addicted perverts", is not constructive. please do all of us a favor and go somewhere else.

i drink green tea during the day and a glass of soyabean powder dissolved in hot water.

for food i've reduced the intake of meat (especially red meat) by 50% and eat mostly vegetables.