Notifications
Clear all

Weight Lifting And Acne Test!

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/07/2012 8:32 am

Hello everyone. Since i am clear now i want to test myself to see what can cause acne. Just because it causes acne for me does NOT mean it will cause acne for you. I am doing these testes for myself to see what breaks me out and for you to see what kind of things that can cause acne.

The reason why weight lifting can cause acne is because of the testorones level goes higher. sorry - bad english.

I have always noticed acne when i started to lift weights so i stopped that about 1 year ago and now i want to try again.

I cured my acne with only diet and good sleep. I didn't excercise at all.

Now i will continue the diet which i know does not cause me acne i will continue sleeping from 22pm to 6-7am and i will START lifting weights and see how it goes.

Today i lifted weights and i am very excited to see what happens.

In my theory weight lifting does not cause acne but can aggravate it if you have acne. But i have no idea so i am so excited to see.

I hope you will follow this thread i will be updating!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/07/2012 3:53 pm

I'm interested in your results. I started lifting heavily 3 times a week this summer and it was absolutely awful for my skin. The next day I would break out and be more oily than I've ever been before. Because of this I stopped lifting. I wish I could start again, but I really think there is some sort of correlation :(

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/07/2012 7:16 pm

In my theory weight lifting does not cause acne but can aggravate it if you have acne. But i have no idea so i am so excited to see.

That's right, but it also applies to every thing else that contributes to acne. With the possibly only exception being an intolerance that directly causes a pimple to form as the response, which probably isn't true acne.

Also prolonged intense physical exertion causes inflammation which is a major factor in acne. (Not to mention being mostly wasted effort.) So it can depend on how you work out. See the exercise thread I bumped today for better ways to work out.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/08/2012 1:21 am

Thanks for the comments. I have worked out 2 days now and i have no new pimples or any acne breakouts. I try to lift as leight as i can and still pushing myself to the limit, the thing you want to avoid is strenous weight lifting where you lift so heavy weights that your head gets red and no oxygen enters the bloodstream.

I will keep updating this thread. I workout 6 times a week. 3 days cardio, 3 days weight lifting.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/08/2012 1:27 am

Royalty, do you have oily or normal skin?

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/08/2012 12:48 pm

Dry skin actully biggrin.png

UPDATE - no new pimples for now.

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 12/08/2012 3:19 pm

keep it up! Im following! I lift heavy! But i had acne before lifting so im curious. Also what do you eat?

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/09/2012 2:02 am

keep it up! Im following! I lift heavy! But i had acne before lifting so im curious. Also what do you eat?

Cool, i will make a thread about that soon. For now just avoid high GI and carbs like pasta, rice, potatoes and replace with avocadoes and high fats.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/09/2012 2:04 am

Dry skin actully biggrin.png

UPDATE - no new pimples for now.

Ah, I am so jealous of you. The oil is even more annoying than the acne in my opinion. I agree with Betsy91, keep us posted :)

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 12/09/2012 3:30 am

That's right, but it also applies to every thing else that contributes to acne. With the possibly only exception being an intolerance that directly causes a pimple to form as the response, which probably isn't true acne.

Also prolonged intense physical exertion causes inflammation which is a major factor in acne. (Not to mention being mostly wasted effort.) So it can depend on how you work out. See the exercise thread I bumped today for better ways to work out.

" an intolerance that probably isn't true acne"

Thank you,that's the first time ever that I have heard someone mention that,how can the message be broadcasted to let the ones who don't have "true acne" know this.

They consider themselves to have acne and in many cases it's confirmed by a doc/derm and their wasting their time and money trying to find a cure.

I found my intolerance after 10 years of suffering and apart from a few times, now 30 years on,I have been clear of these huge spots which used to make a regular appearance every fortnight.

I think the difference is " true acne" suffers don't get periods of perfectly clear skin,while people like me do,as long as they're not consuming those items that they have an intolerance to.

HOW TO GET THE MESSAGE ACROSS.

Posted Today, 08:25 AM

snapback.pngalternativista, on 08 December 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

snapback.pngroyalty, on 07 December 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Thank you,that's the first time ever that I have heard someone mention that,how can the message be broadcasted to let the ones who don't have "true acne" know this.

They consider themselves to have acne and in many cases it's confirmed by a doc/derm and their wasting their time and money trying to find a cure.

I found my intolerance after 10 years of suffering and apart from a few times, now 30 years on,I have been clear of these huge spots which used to make a regular appearance every fortnight.

I think the difference is " true acne" suffers don't get periods of perfectly clear skin,while people like me do,as long as they're not consuming those items that they have an intolerance to.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/09/2012 4:23 am

So what was your food intolerance? And was other symptoms did you get? I don't believe food intolenrances only cause acne, i get sooo much gas and pain in my stomach when i eat foods with gluten fx.

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 12/09/2012 10:14 am

Do you do oats?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/09/2012 10:32 am

So what was your food intolerance? And was other symptoms did you get? I don't believe food intolenrances only cause acne, i get sooo much gas and pain in my stomach when i eat foods with gluten fx.

Of course they don't only cause acne. They can cause hundreds of issues.

But if you are saying that any given intolerance has to have other noticeable symptoms, you are mistaken. The citrus fruit that cause me to break out in cysts cause no noticeable other reaction.

Actually I never had periods of clear skin until I learned all about the ways diet affects acne. I had true acne, plus the cysts. And I nearly always had some cysts sine the food was so common and cysts take so long to go away.

And I think most people with true acne do have periods of clear skin. And many have food intolerances that aggravate their true acne by increasing the level of chronic inflammation.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/09/2012 10:49 am

But if you are saying that any given intolerance has to have other noticeable symptoms, you are mistaken. The citrus fruit that cause me to break out in cysts cause no noticeable other reaction.

Actually I never had periods of clear skin until I learned all about the ways diet affects acne. I had true acne, plus the cysts. And I nearly always had some cysts sine the food was so common and cysts take so long to go away.

And I think most people with true acne do have periods of clear skin. And many have food intolerances that aggravate their true acne by increasing the level of chronic inflammation.

Interesting, i found that all fruits and citrus fruits breaks me out. Whats the reason for that?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/09/2012 10:55 am

Interesting, i found that all fruits and citrus fruits breaks me out. Whats the reason for that?

You probably have issues with fructose metabolism. Work on that. Try to keep as natural as possible circadian cycle with plenty of bright daylight exposure.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/09/2012 11:02 am

You probably have issues with fructose metabolism. Work on that. Try to keep as natural as possible circadian cycle with plenty of bright daylight exposure.

My theory is that it has something to do with the blood sugar. Because if i eat carrots and beets boiled i get acne all over my chin, excactly the same places where i break out if i eat fruits. And i know its hormonal, and i think its insulin spikes. Sorry my english is terrible!