How Do You Reduce O...

Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Reduce Oily Yet Flaky Skin On Chin/jawline? Seems Dehydrated In That Area Only...

MemberMember
(@okiedokie123)

Posted : 12/06/2012 4:01 pm

Hi,

I have oily yet flaky skin on my chin and jawline. My cheeks, forehead, and nose are COMPLETELY CLEAR. It's only my chin and jawline that is affected. My whole face gets oily but my chin/jaw are always flaky, always breaking out, hyperpigmented, and it seems the area is dehydrated. You can see that there's oil on the skin but when I go jog or something, my chin/jawline pores just can't sweat out anything. It's really dehydrated to me and there's no protective skin barrier. Worst of all, it's constantly flaky. I have been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatits/perioral dermatitis amongst other diagnoses but alot of antifungal/antibacterial/antiparasitics don't work on me. It makes me think there's something wrong with my skin that is affecting only the chin and jawline. Hormones are a culprit.

My regimen includes:

Green SuperFoods once a day

Raw Whole Grain Oats with Flaxseed once a day

Avoidance of gluten/wheat/excess protein

Avoidance of SLS/Fluoride/Steroids/Other irritants

Oral Hyaluronic Acid capsules

Oral Vitamin C 1000 MG

Oral Lipase/Digestive Pill for lactose intolerance and digestion aid

Oral Minocycline (just started again 3 days ago)

Oral Probiotics

Oral antihistamine (Allegra or Claritin)

Baking Soda or Milk of Magnesia to remove flakes. Comes back in 2-3 days

Optional (these hardly work):

Tea Tree Ointment by Desert Essence

Aim 2 Health Face & Body Moisturizing Wash

Aim 2 Health TheraCream

Oral Oil of Oregano

Oil Pulling Method

Topical Finacea

Topical Lotrimin Ultra, Loprox, Econazole, Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole

Topical Metrogel

Topical Coal Tar

Topical Prosacea

California Baby Calendula Cream

Anyone have an idea? :/

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/06/2012 4:10 pm

Too many supplements not sure if they are working or not. Increase your zinc intake from natural sources and use a high quality moisturiser from body deli or living nature. Also try not to sweat a lot.