Notifications
Clear all

Let's Get Rid Of This Acne!

MemberMember
(@magica)

Posted : 12/05/2012 10:21 pm

Hello everyone! I am Grace, I'm 24, and like many others, I'm so fed up with my acne. Today I purchased Dan's Regimen (Cleanser, BP Treatment, and Moisturizer) as well as the AHA+. I did a lot of reading on other people's logs and success stories before deciding to purchase this, and I also have a better idea of what to expect. I'm a little nervous about how much irritation/dryness/redness/etc I will experience in the first few weeks but we'll see what happens!

Here's a little bit of background info about my acne. I started breaking out when I was around 12-13. I used to have pretty bad acne throughout all of my teenage years, pretty much all over my face (cheeks, chin, forehead) and honestly I never really did much about it. Eventually I did clear up though, around when I was 19-20, after occasionally using various acne products. For the next few years I stayed mostly clear, I would get big pimples occasionally along my jawline but nothing that really bothered me too much.

Well in the last two months, that all changed. I'm now breaking out HORRIBLY on both sides of my chin down to my neck, and I feel like my jawline acne has also gotten worse. It looks terrible and I'm shocked at how suddenly this came on. Once that started I bought a few things at the store that I was hoping would help, a mild cleanser, moisturizer, and Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser which has I think 10% BP. I've been using that for over a month now and I have noticed no change in my acne, except now I'm also starting to break out on my forehead again! And today I noticed one zit on my cheek too! I HATE it! For the last few years I had no acne whatsoever on my forehead or cheeks and now it's coming back, so between that and my really bad chin acne, I'm super mad and depressed.

I can't think of anything that I've been doing differently that may have brought this on. I didn't start any new medications, I didn't change anything about my diet (which by the way has always consisted of little to no dairy as I'm mildly lactose intolerant). I do have pretty bad anxiety but I feel like that has significantly decreased in the last few months. And one other change I've noticed about myself is I'm really tired all the time. I don't know if that has anything to do with this new acne explosion?

So what do you guys think, will Dan's Regimen help my issue? Anyone had/have similar acne and had success in treating it? I haven't recieved my order yet obviously since it was just purchased today but as soon as I do I will start my log, for now I'm going to continue using what's left of the Clean & Clear, better to use that than nothing at all I'm guessing.

MemberMember
(@magica)

Posted : 12/09/2012 5:10 pm

Got my package yesterday, that was some fast shipping! I bought the Cleanser, Treatment, Moisturizer, and AHA+. I used it for the first time last night except the AHA+, I'll wait until I've been on this regimen for a month before I use that (or at least I'll try to). I used about a nickel sized amount of the BP treatment. I gotta say I'm not a huge fan of the moisturizer, I know the bottle recommends using 2 full pumps but I only used a little less than one pump and I felt like I had way too much on my face, and it felt kind of gross. But I'll continue using it at least for now.

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and my jawline was itching like CRAZY, it's hard to say since I already have so many zits in the chin/jaw area but I think I got two new zits on the right side of my jaw and one on the left. Once I got up in the morning though, the itching was gone. This morning I used just the cleanser and moisturizer, and resisted the urge to use the AHA+ in place of the moisturizer. I'm feeling a teeny tiny bit dry on my forehead but other than that and the new breakouts, everything is about the same.

MemberMember
(@magica)

Posted : 12/11/2012 3:34 pm

Day 3

Today I noticed I have about 5-6 new zits, most are normal size and in a location where I'm prone to getting acne (chin/jaw area) but one is a little below my right temple which is unusual but not a huge deal. Not sure if they all came out today or if some came through yesterday. Skin doesn't feel that dry, just a little in some spots and moisturizer seems to be taking care of that.

MemberMember
(@magica)

Posted : 12/12/2012 6:02 pm

Day 4

I'm assuming my skin is in the purging phase, I still have acne on both sides of my chin where it was the worst, as well as my jawline, one zit in particular on the left side of my chin is quite large. Also I'm noticing more breakouts on my cheeks and I have never really broken out on my cheeks before so I'm not a huge fan of that. However the few breakouts I was getting on my forehead seem to be gone now so hopefully it stays that way. Also my skin is a little tight/dry plus I'm noticing a teeny bit of flaking on my chin. When I put on the BP last night it stung pretty bad for a few mins, and it's never really stung before so hoping that means I'm making some sort of progress!

MemberMember
(@magica)

Posted : 12/14/2012 3:05 pm

Day 6

Skin is super dry and starting to flake in some places. Got a new zit on the left side of my cheek and one on my forehead. Possibly a new one on my chin too, still can't tell which ones are old and which are new.

MemberMember
(@magica)

Posted : 12/16/2012 4:09 pm

Day 8

This is my first day using BP in the morning, I'll be using it twice a day from here, I'm not using full doses yet, at least I don't think I am. Everything I've read about how much BP I'm supposed to use is judged based on pumps and my BP isn't in a pump bottle, I guess you could say I'm using a grape sized amount. It is really really burning, but I do not notice any redness yet. I also don't think I have any new breakouts to speak of and the ones I mentioned in my last post are still there. I did notice that my blackheads are practically gone, that was a fun surprise, to be honest I never really pay much attention to them because I'm more focused on my zits but it's nice to see the blackheads going away. As you could probably guess, my skin is still super dry, and now flaking in more spots. I think my least favorite thing of this right now though is how much the BP burns.

MemberMember
(@magica)

Posted : 12/18/2012 6:21 pm

Day 10

I applied BP yesterday morning, last night I did not apply BP, nor did I this morning. Yesterday I noticed that my skin on my face was slightly darker than the rest of me, it looked slightly red but also like a tan which is odd because 1) I haven't been outside and 2) it hasn't even been sunny in a looong time. I did research and from what I gather it was the BP doing that, so I got really paranoid and considered quitting the regimen. But now I am noticing that the BP does appear to be helping my breakouts so I'm torn about what to do. I think for now I'll at least use less BP and maybe go back to doing it once a week, because my face also had a prickling/stinging sensation almost all day when I started using BP in the morning. If anyone can give me some words of advice/encouragement at this point, I'd appreciate it. Is BP permanently tanning my face something I need to be concerned about? Is it just temporary because of dry skin and irritation? Should I cut back to using BP once a day or keep at it twice a day?

MemberMember
(@magica)

Posted : 12/24/2012 3:59 am

Day 16

Well I quit using the BP almost a week ago and my skin has returned back to normal. My reason for quitting was because of the constant stinging feeling I was having the entire day when using it, and it was starting to make my face very red which was especially evident around my lips, where there was a ring of normal colored skin. Plus the flaking and everything, I know everyone says that would subside after my skin got used to it but I couldn't handle it. It sucks though because the BP was actually clearing my skin even having only used it for 10 or so days. But for now I'm trying to see if there's anything else I can do to get rid of my acne that doesn't irritate my face so much. Right now this is what I'm doing:

AM

Acne.org Cleanser and Moisturizer

PM

Acne.org Cleanser

Switching between Acne.org AHA+ and Mint Julep mask every day, I'll use one one day and then one the next day. I'd like to eventually start using AHA every morning and the mask every night.

I'll also be attempting using Calamine Lotion as a spot treatment just on active zits and past red marks.

Then Acne.org moisturizer at night.

Since I quit the BP I did get lots more zits on both sides of my chin, and a couple new zits on my forehead. I really hate my face.

MemberMember
(@magica)

Posted : 01/22/2013 5:24 pm

I have not given up on getting rid of my acne, in fact I have gone back to using Dan's BP about 3 weeks ago and I'm glad I did. This time I used less BP, mainly concentrating it on my chin, forehead, and outer parts of my cheeks and staying away from inner cheeks and nose, since that's where I'd get the dryest and I don't normally get zits there. I have seen significant improvement, my chin/jawline acne is almost completely gone, only the red marks remain. My only issue right now is I have a cluster of about 4-5 zits on my right cheek, so close together that they look like one big Super Zit. I hope that will go away soon. :(

SCN1 liked