Notifications
Clear all

Signs Of Allergies? What Are Yours?

MemberMember
(@fsas)

Posted : 12/04/2012 5:48 pm

Hey guys, I've been researching allergies quite a lot recently just for the sake of educating myself and I'm curious what allergies others have and what are your signs personally?

I'm curious how extreme or how mild peoples responses are.

I never believed I have allergies because I've tried the eliminations with no pros or cons, didn't have obvious symptoms and I dont have the money for tests here in aus. However I just want to know if I might be missing obvious signs.

One thing I often have is the corners of my eyes are insanely red and something feel uncomfortable, however I'm not even sure if that's a sign of an allergy, vitamin deficiency or just how I was made haha.

So any input on your own allergies would be awesome :)

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 12/04/2012 8:07 pm

We wanted to see if there was an association between certain pesticides and food allergies, and we were specifically interested in dichlorophenols because those were the ones that had this antibacterial effect. When researchers have compared bacteria from the bowel in healthy kids versus bacteria in the bowel for kids that have lot of allergies, theyve noticed a big difference, lead researcher Dr. Elina Jerschow said.

The researchers found that dichlorophenol-containing pesticides may be partly to blame for the rising cases of food allergies. The lead author of the study, Elina Jerschow, notes that these pesticides can weaken food tolerance and subsequently lead to food allergies. The chemical is also added to chlorinate tap water.

This chemical is commonly found in pesticides used by farmers and consumer insect and weed control products, as well as tap waterother dichlorophenol sources, such as pesticide-treated fruits and vegetables, may play a greater role in causing food allergy, said Dr. Jerschow.

According to a 2008 study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about an 18% increase in food allergies was seen between 1997 and 2007. Approximately 15 million people have food allergies, with children being most affected. About 8% of children have food allergies.

Read more: http://naturalsociety.com/pesticide-chemical-tap-water-linked-food-allergies/#ixzz2E8RzolR0

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/05/2012 2:27 am

I was very concerned about food allergies and i didn't eat nuts, tomatoes, seeds, gluten, dairy, fish and probably some more just because i thought i had an allergy. Then i realised that it wasn't allergy that caused my acne it was my high intake of carbs and high glycemic foods. So i took all the food back to my diet (except dairy and gluten) and i am still clear. I think people worry too much about allergies when it comes to acne. But cutting out dairy and gluten will help your acne no matter if you are sensitiv or have an allergy.

BTW. a great tip to find out is to know that IF you are allergic too some food you will break out within 2-24 hours!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/05/2012 9:03 am

I was very concerned about food allergies and i didn't eat nuts, tomatoes, seeds, gluten, dairy, fish and probably some more just because i thought i had an allergy. Then i realised that it wasn't allergy that caused my acne it was my high intake of carbs and high glycemic foods. So i took all the food back to my diet (except dairy and gluten) and i am still clear. I think people worry too much about allergies when it comes to acne. But cutting out dairy and gluten will help your acne no matter if you are sensitiv or have an allergy.

BTW. a great tip to find out is to know that IF you are allergic too some food you will break out within 2-24 hours!

Every one need to try a methodical elimination diet to determine allergies. And no, you don't necessarily break out that fast. The allergy could just contribute to your chronic inflammation and thus your acne.

MemberMember
(@fsas)

Posted : 12/05/2012 3:22 pm

Every one need to try a methodical elimination diet to determine allergies. And no, you don't necessarily break out that fast. The allergy could just contribute to your chronic inflammation and thus your acne.

I'm curious if external materials and objects are known, common to cause allergies? For example bedding or even scents? I've tried the elimination diet to the point I ended up fasting for a few days just to double check so I feel like I can rule out the current food I consume as affecting me allergy wise, in addition I don't have the 'normal' symptoms. If I do have an allergy it's not producing any obvious symptoms ...except maybe acne.

I've been looking at other objects in life though that I come in contact with, are there any common allergens from clothes? bedding?

I live a very 'clean life' as I live in Australia, Melbourne which is considered one of the cleanest countries in the world and melbourne which has been voted the most livable state in the world a few years running so I'm definitely not concerned about the air I breathe, it's so fresh it burns ha. but are external objects just as common as food allergies? Is acne often a result of allergies..I always hear of the typical 'itchy rash' or 'throat closing up' or 'watery eyes'...

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/05/2012 3:25 pm

I get itchy cysts within a few hours and recently, with high doses of fructose (which I think may be a major intolerance for me) my tongue feels numb and swollen. Other than that, I have chronic lethargy (which I shouldn't at age 22) and mood issues that seem out of place. Not to mention the digestive problems. These things have all been linked to allergies, but, then again, they've likely been linked to other causes as well.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/06/2012 7:59 am

less than two hours for me

MemberMember
(@fsas)

Posted : 12/06/2012 9:33 pm

hm, I definitely don't have any of those symptoms in mention, thank you all for your adding your comments though! I think I'm a rather lost cause :0

I really dislike that I can't find a way to control my acne myself, it's rather scary having your body control it on the dot. I honestly wish I had a food intolerance that created my acne, at least I'd be able to be in control i guess that's a perk to those who have food related acne.

And I kinda wish face mapping were true haha

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/08/2012 1:44 pm

hm, I definitely don't have any of those symptoms in mention, thank you all for your adding your comments though! I think I'm a rather lost cause :0

I really dislike that I can't find a way to control my acne myself, it's rather scary having your body control it on the dot. I honestly wish I had a food intolerance that created my acne, at least I'd be able to be in control i guess that's a perk to those who have food related acne.

And I kinda wish face mapping were true haha

Chinese face mapping helped me alot. I broke out between my eyebrows, then i saw on the face map that too hard excercise can be the problem, then i stopped pushing myself so hard and in 1-2 weeks 4-5 pimples were gone and never come back. Also i found out that the acne on my chin and jaw was because of hormones which i later found out was due to a blood sugar imbalance :D