Notifications
Clear all

What Are (Or Were) Your Favorite Products While On Accutane?

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/04/2012 12:00 am

Anyone have any product suggestions for accutane that they could not do/have done without?

Moisturizers? Lip balm? Body lotions? Face wash? Body wash? Shaving creams (for women)? Shampoo/conditioner?

And for the ladies...MAKEUP! (to cover up all those pesky acne marks and red spots left behind...)

Thanks for any and all suggestions and recommendations! xmas.gif

Feel free to comment on anything you didn't like or that caused breakouts, as well!

MemberMember
(@dann2707)

Posted : 12/05/2012 3:12 pm

Hello!

I'm 2 days into my 3rd month taking 55mg a day so it's deffo past the point where any flakiness will have occured, also dry lips etc.

I'm using Cetaphil moisturising cream for my face, it is truly amazing. I apply it once on a morning and that lasts me all day.

And for my lips I take Dr Dan's cortibalm which is working wonders. I also only have to apply that once on a morning and it lasts all day. My lips are never ever sore or sting when I smile etc. They do however build up dry skin on them once a week but I simply pull that off. Feels like I'm malting like a snake but still doesn't hurt and they are super smooth to the touch.

Hope that helps!

MemberMember
(@jennyn)

Posted : 12/05/2012 3:17 pm

I'm just starting my second month but so far I love Aquaphor for my lips. I think it lasts longer on my lips than Dr. Dan's. I just went to the derm today and he highly recommends CeRave moisturising lotion. I was told that the cream will be too heavy for my face.

As far as make-up, I haven't made any changes to that. I use Jane Iredale powder foundation and Laura Mercier secret camoflauge (sp?) for concealer. I'm nervous that when my skin starts to get drier I'll have to give up my Jane Iredale. Not sure what I'll use if I can't use that.

MemberMember
(@sallysa)

Posted : 12/05/2012 10:27 pm

Face:

I really like the Aveeno Moisture bar to wash my face.

Lotion I'm using Exuverance Repairing Lotion (it's new - I like it so far but it's more than I usually spend at $40ish) and vaseline around my eyes at night.

Body:

I like cetaphil in the round tub/jar. I also like Yes to Carrots.

Lips:

I like Aquaphor. And I'm a lip product junkie and that's my fav right now. At night I use Lip Lover and in the morning I can still feel it on my lips, which is great.

Hair:

I LOVE Wen! I had tried it before and it didn't get the oil out of my hair well enough, so I stopped using it. Now that I don't have oily hair I love it. It feels like it cleans my hair but isn't harsh on my scalp. When I first started Accutane I was having a very dry scalp and flakes. Now with Wen, I don't. I wash about twice a week. Mayyyybe 3 times. No flakes.

I'm on day 35.

MemberMember
(@cortneyleah01)

Posted : 12/08/2012 9:12 am

Lips: My lips have hurt the most and I literally have to have something on them every second. I even reapply when eating. The only thing I've found to help them from aching, is Clinique's All About Lips. It's a white cream in a little bottle. It is expensive, $22.50, but it's worth every cent. I use Aquaphor as well, but my lips still hurt with that on it.

Face: I love Ponds dry skin cream. I use it at night because it's one of the only moisturizers I've used that makes my skin look dewy. I sometimes still look a little dewy in the morning as well. Everything else just absorbs right in.

I also love using Clinique's Moisture Surge. It's fabulous and when I rinse my face in the morning, I can still feel it on my skin. It's great!