Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] How Much Money Have You Wasted On Your Acne?

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 12/03/2012 4:21 pm

And I mean "wasted", as in things that made little-to-no difference for your skin.

Ignoring face washes and that time I tried Benzoyl Peroxide, I just calculated the amount money I've wasted on my acne. I still have the half-full bottles for most of these, the rest I just went from the top of my head.

Magnesium - $26

Vitamin A - $5

Opti-L-Zinc - $11 x 5 = $55

Zantac - $100

L-Methionine - $15

Milk Thistle - $20

St John's Wort - $15

Chromium - $8

Omega-3/Fish Oil - $40

Niacin - $15

Glucomannan - $22

Greens Daily Detox - $30

Probiotics - $40

Candizyme - $35

Nutritionist's electro-accupuncture sessions - $300

Total = $726

It'll be more if I decide all the Vitamin D I've taken has been worthless. Same for Vitamin C, B5 and L-Carnitine. But I'm still taking those, so I don't count them as "wasted" just yet. I'm thinking of ordering like $70 worth of B5 and L-Carnitine too.

I would pay another $1000 up front right now though, if it guaranteed I'd have clear skin for the rest of my life. Probably even more.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/03/2012 5:59 pm

Well, when I was younger we wasted thousands of dollars on dermatologists and medicines alone. Plus all the supplements that did nothing. I'd say well over 5 grand during my ten year battle, if not more. Also, 5 years of BP at over $20 a bottle after shipping adds up.

There's a reason I only do natural things to heal my body now. Things that will help me be healthier anyway.

MemberMember
(@pugrocker)

Posted : 12/03/2012 6:02 pm

I can even count that high, but it has been a ton! wacko.pngeusa_wall.gif

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 12/03/2012 6:25 pm

Oh Lawd forgive me but damn in the past couple of years I have spent i would say hundreds to thousands of dollars on my acne. From drugstore products to dermatologists to expensive salon facials to online scams and everything in between. It's disgusting.

MemberMember
(@carp351)

Posted : 12/03/2012 8:48 pm

Not a lot I will say maybe about 400$ on my 5 year battle i am super cheap, but from what I know money doesn't cure acne. I want to change my lifestyle completely and see if this works if not i will just keep living a miserable life.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 12/03/2012 10:45 pm

I would pay monthly for clear skin for the rest of my life ...I mean we pay for other stupid shit.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/03/2012 11:32 pm

So would I....the problem is, all of those things I tried didn't work.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/04/2012 2:32 am

on average i spend 40 a month on my treatment.

So had acne since i was 12, i am now 28.

So 40 x 192 months = 2,304

Just a rough calculation, its probably higher.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/04/2012 10:00 am

Well, when I was younger we wasted thousands of dollars on dermatologists and medicines alone. Plus all the supplements that did nothing. I'd say well over 5 grand during my ten year battle, if not more. Also, 5 years of BP at over $20 a bottle after shipping adds up.

There's a reason I only do natural things to heal my body now. Things that will help me be healthier anyway.

Me too. and i didnt have insurance for the second course of accutane. of course doctor office visits were reasonably priced back then. Unlike the outrageously inflated costs now.

And I don't consider the supplements to be wasted. More magnesium, D, etc is a good thing. I still take those two. Although that huge bottle of MSM was definitely wasted as it broke me out.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/04/2012 10:39 am

Almost none, i was so lucky that i found the natural way to cure the right away. Ended up watching all "acneerasingsecrets" and "thelovevitamin" on youtube. And guess what im clear now and i cleared 90% of my acne in just 1-2 weeks.

I have only bought lemons, apple cider vinegar, baking soda and stuff like that which you normally have in the house.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 12/04/2012 5:16 pm

Mine's not much really though.

Topical treatments (BP, SA...) -

Around $135 total.

Then, saw palmetto which is $12.

Ofcourse, diet IS the biggest costly part, if it counts as being wasted on acne.