Notifications
Clear all

Fading Dark Marks

MemberMember
(@lildropofsunshine)

Posted : 12/03/2012 4:18 pm

I have lots of dark marks left from my past acne, and I hate them because I think they're ugly and embarrassing. I really want to get rid of them, but I'm not sure how. I've been using two moisturizers that are supposed to help (Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair and Aveeno Positively Radiant), and they've definitely helped, but I don't think they'll fade my scars completely. What else can I try?

Thanks!

And P.S. I would highly recommend the two moisturizers I mentioned. They really have helped fade my dark spots, and they haven't caused me to break out at all, even with using them morning and night.

MemberMember
(@lildropofsunshine)

Posted : 12/11/2012 1:53 pm

Bump.

Anyone??

MemberMember
(@itismehmmkay)

Posted : 12/11/2012 3:28 pm

I know when I tried Proactiv, it seemed as if the glycolic acid was really working on my marks. But I had to stop b/c the acid actually ended up breaking me out. I can't do any kind of acid actually...salicylic, glycolic, lactic, etc. I bet those moisturizers will work over time. The marks eventually do fade themselves, it's just that there are agents that can help speed up the process through exfoliation/removing old layers of skin. In the past BP actually started fading my marks as well; it's like an exfoliator for me anyway.

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 12/11/2012 3:48 pm

The bodyshop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion.

MemberMember
(@lildropofsunshine)

Posted : 12/11/2012 10:31 pm

As I said, the moisturizers have definitely helped a lot, but I don't think they'll completely get rid of the dark spots. And the spots aren't going anywhere by themselves. They've been on my face for YEARS -- literally!

I also exfoliate on a regular basis (3x a week or so), along with using medicated pads with salicylic acid nightly.

I can't do tea tree oil. It freaks my skin out!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/12/2012 9:30 am

Hydroquinone cream. Mine are fading quickly with it. I have a 4% from my dermatologist. But you can get 2% from the drug store. Like black and white bleaching cream.. Google it and read up on it, it might be something worth trying.