Notifications
Clear all

Fed Up And Tired Of This Shit.

MemberMember
(@charming)

Posted : 12/03/2012 3:23 pm

It's been forever since I last posted here, must of been around 2006 or smth. Im having a crisis which is why I have returned (not that my acne was ever gone in between posting).

My face and acne is driving me insane. First off, I have to say that I can't afford to see a dermatologist or even a doctor for a small thing like acne issues because if I do happen to pay for a doctor and reserve a visit, it has to be for a more serious cause.

Everyone talks about nutrition, nutrition, nutrition. Im vegetarian, I eat probably more bioflavanoids, antioxidants, fruits, berries, leafy veggies than what's good for me. I use only the eco-friendly moisturisers without parabenes, preservatives, alcohol ect. Yet still I am breaking out immensely. It does get worse around my period, problem is, it doesn't stop once my period has quit.

Everyone says it's my hormones, and it most probably is because it's only around my jaw, chin and neck area (might I add I am currently scarred fo' life in these areas) and says I should see a doctor about my hormonal imbalance but I can't afford to see a doctor right now let alone know what they could really even do to help me (Im afraid to pay for a visit without proper help or answer to my questions).

What the hell am I doing wrong? Everyone says ''dont let your hair touch your face, don't touch your face during the day'', sorry to say but I am HUMAN, alot of other people can touch their face during the day, and let their hair or scarves touch their face occasionally. I can't live a normal life if I have to constantly let these things control my daily activities. There was a time back in the day when I could touch my face, could rub my face without consequences. I got OCD, so I wash my hands thoroughly everyday several times a day. I also clean my cellphone with antidesinfectant to make sure I dont rubb off any dirt on my face. Still there is always new acne arising.

WTF really?! I can't stand this anymore. I need a solution not based on products. Is there anything else I can do food-wise? Maybe add something to my diet that will remove it? Any proven remedies?

MemberMember
(@tahoe)

Posted : 12/04/2012 3:02 am

mega-dose of B5 pantothenic acid will clear you up completely. its water soluble so whats not used exits through your urine. It is very safe and can be picked up at your local vitamin shop. look it up. It works.

MemberMember
(@charming)

Posted : 12/04/2012 8:22 am

mega-dose of B5 pantothenic acid will clear you up completely. its water soluble so whats not used exits through your urine. It is very safe and can be picked up at your local vitamin shop. look it up. It works.

I went to the shop and purchased one bottle of 1000 mg tablets just 30 minutes ago, I cant wait for the results!

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/08/2012 2:00 pm

It's been forever since I last posted here, must of been around 2006 or smth. Im having a crisis which is why I have returned (not that my acne was ever gone in between posting).

My face and acne is driving me insane. First off, I have to say that I can't afford to see a dermatologist or even a doctor for a small thing like acne issues because if I do happen to pay for a doctor and reserve a visit, it has to be for a more serious cause.

Everyone talks about nutrition, nutrition, nutrition. Im vegetarian, I eat probably more bioflavanoids, antioxidants, fruits, berries, leafy veggies than what's good for me. I use only the eco-friendly moisturisers without parabenes, preservatives, alcohol ect. Yet still I am breaking out immensely. It does get worse around my period, problem is, it doesn't stop once my period has quit.

Everyone says it's my hormones, and it most probably is because it's only around my jaw, chin and neck area (might I add I am currently scarred fo' life in these areas) and says I should see a doctor about my hormonal imbalance but I can't afford to see a doctor right now let alone know what they could really even do to help me (Im afraid to pay for a visit without proper help or answer to my questions).

What the hell am I doing wrong? Everyone says ''dont let your hair touch your face, don't touch your face during the day'', sorry to say but I am HUMAN, alot of other people can touch their face during the day, and let their hair or scarves touch their face occasionally. I can't live a normal life if I have to constantly let these things control my daily activities. There was a time back in the day when I could touch my face, could rub my face without consequences. I got OCD, so I wash my hands thoroughly everyday several times a day. I also clean my cellphone with antidesinfectant to make sure I dont rubb off any dirt on my face. Still there is always new acne arising.

WTF really?! I can't stand this anymore. I need a solution not based on products. Is there anything else I can do food-wise? Maybe add something to my diet that will remove it? Any proven remedies?

Fed Up And Tired Of This Zinc

it cleared me

MemberMember
(@charming)

Posted : 12/09/2012 7:26 pm

Im on Zinc now too, Im trying out B5 supplements 4 grams a day, with 30 micrograms of zinc. How many micrograms do you suggest taking? I also started taking 6000 IE vitamin-D.

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 12/09/2012 7:44 pm

I tried those suggestions. They don't work. For many, accutane is the only answer.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 12/09/2012 8:16 pm

I can relate, people would tell me those same things... "Don't touch your face", "Ditch the bangs", "Wash your face more," "Chocolate causes acne," Blah blah blah. Finally I tried the regimen here and it worked! :D Good luck with b5, i dont know anything about it but i hope it works out for ya!

MemberMember
(@stavs16)

Posted : 12/10/2012 6:54 am

Although there are some things that can help alleviate some symptoms...im under the belief that acne is most certaintly related to hormones and your acne wont start to drastically change until your hormones even out (anywhere from 18-25). Mu acne was at its worst when I was 17 and plenty of nice zits, im now 22 and acne free.

And then your other choice to get rid of it is probably accutane however thats not even guaranteed

MemberMember
(@tony1990)

Posted : 12/10/2012 7:23 am

Shouldnt you take a new vitamin at at time? Did you just start introducing zinc,b5 and vitamin d into your regimen all at once? I recommend you to be patient and start taking these vitamins one by one just in case one of these breaks you out and so you would know exactly which one it is.

MemberMember
(@aehoover)

Posted : 12/10/2012 1:52 pm

Have you tried getting on birth control? If it is hormone related, birth control will do WONDERS. I know it has helped me and several of my friends with minimal side effects. My only side effect was that my boobs got bigger. Not such a bad side effect to get..

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 12/10/2012 6:35 pm

Be careful with the B5. Anything megadosing is dangerous, especially if you've never taken it before.

I've read some people on here that had some hair loss from B5.

I think it's probably a nice way to clear it, but I would start with less and work my way up.

Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@skinnynigga)

Posted : 12/11/2012 1:55 am

the answer to healing all acne is water only. ACNE is a billion dollar business... bp sales, tea tree oil sales are all going up cause we keep buying products that dont help us. this dan guy whos story is probly fake has made millions of ppl. when you get pimples and use products to help cure it, it will only help temporarily but what happens when you stop using it.... it comes back even worse acne products were design to do this to make your skin worse so you buy more products . stop touching your face and wash your face with water only no cleanser no nothing for a year and notice the difference. just look up ashley nicole on acne.org.. its a marathon journey not a sprint... i stopped using products and listening to bs such as apple cider vinegar and zinc etc.... and my face is clearing up. jsut think about it, what happens if you stopped using zinc or acv your acne would come back there for its not a permanent solution and if its non a permanent solution then it is not a solution or helping your situation at ALL.

MemberMember
(@charming)

Posted : 12/13/2012 10:36 am

Hi everyone! I appreciate all your replies. Im still taking the B5 and zinc. My skin has actually gotten worse. Ive heard birth control is great for curing acne but I've never used them and Im a little nervous about going on them because I personally don't like taking medication that alters my body/mood. However, I will leave an open mind.

I agree that products can make the skin worse. Whenever I use moisturizers of ANY KIND my skin gets dramatically worse, inspite of people and experts saying the skin needs oil and nourishment to clear up. From what I can remember, my skin started getting really bad over 10 years ago, when I was 13 and hasn't cleared since. Hormonal yes, most definitely. But I've come to the conclusion that even mild cleansers (they are chemicals) and moisturizers (creams, oils, ect) don't necessarily work for me.

But my skin is so dependent on the moisturizers that if I don't use them after a shower or for 24 hours, my skin gets SO dry it literally begins to flake off and gets wrinkly.

Kind of annoying but I can't find this Ashley Nicole person anywhere on the forum/site. It seems as if her profile or posts have been deleted or she deleted her account. Can you redirect me to this persons posts pls?

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 12/14/2012 7:44 am

You have been here since 06 and haven't been on birth control yet??? I thought that was one of the more popular methods for females.

MemberMember
(@charming)

Posted : 12/15/2012 6:30 am

You have been here since 06 and haven't been on birth control yet??? I thought that was one of the more popular methods for females.

When I joined the site has nothing to do with my lifestyle choises, Ive heard from friends who use birth control to maintain healthy skin but its never crossed my mind. Im a 25 year old woman and I stand by that choise. Like I said earlier too, taking contraception requiers one to go to the doctor and get a prescription, I can't afford to go to a doctor right now.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/15/2012 5:45 pm

Im on Zinc now too, Im trying out B5 supplements 4 grams a day, with 30 micrograms of zinc. How many micrograms do you suggest taking? I also started taking 6000 IE vitamin-D.

i recomend 45 mg of zinc methionine a day. it has to be methionine though!!! has to! and great job with the vitamin D!