Notifications
Clear all

Uploading Pics On A Social Network.

MemberMember
(@31stcenturyteen)

Posted : 12/03/2012 11:40 am

How do you guys/girls find the guts to upload a picture where people can clearlyo see the acne on your face. I have a really hard time thinking about uploading pictures in the fear that people might just stare, and comment on my acne. Advise will be greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 12/03/2012 12:02 pm

I don't really. But I've seen a lot of people who do. Unfortunately it seems to be mostly guys.

MemberMember
(@adhpn7)

Posted : 12/03/2012 3:20 pm

Personally, the only "social networking" site I go on is here, I really don't go on FB because it's a BDD attack. But, I find that other people are already posting pictures of their acne/face, why can't I? Sometimes it can be like "shit, do I really want people to see this.." But In a way I feel like people are seeing the real me, because for so long I've been ashamed of my acne. but since I've posted photos here, I've been learning to embrace this flaw.

I also feel like it may help others, and I feel like people are just curious to see who has acne. I know I am haha. since usually I never see anyone in public with acne :o

If you post pictures here, no one's gonna judge you about your acne, hell it's acne.org =) If people do comment on your pics here, it's only advice or to tell you how good looking you are! It's usually never negative.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 12/04/2012 3:28 pm

well if you hate how you look in the pic, obvi youre not gonna post it, right? if you like it, post it and like adhpn7 (gwyneth paltrow :D ) says, other people post pics of their acne, its really not a big deal. i mean tbh if people have seen your face in person theyre going to know you have acne anyways, so what difference does it make? people can still comment about whats actually going on in the picture and not focus on your skin lolz

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 12/08/2012 4:34 pm

It depends on who can see the picture. I only have non dramatic people on my contacts list on sites like that. If I like a picture I'll post it, even if you can see acne/PIH.

MemberMember
(@lastditcheffort)

Posted : 12/10/2012 5:22 pm

I admire the people who put out pictures like that of themselves. Shows that they're comfortable in their own skin.

I hate it when people tag me into photos that don't, eh.., well make me look too good skin wise. I would just remove the tags of myself, but I don't really want to draw anymore attention to my acne.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/10/2012 9:43 pm

Well you have to remember that photos aren't always accurate of how you look in "real life." They can be, but lets face it, some people are very photogenic, I'd go so far to say that they look better in pictures than in reality. And vice versa can be true as well.

Regardless, if you aren't comfortable posting pictures, don't. But don't let other people decide that for you, decide that for yourself. What is on the internet will potentially always be there, so keep that in mind...but if you have a bunch of judgemental "friends," perhaps it's time to reevaluate those people in your life. And I'm sure you have many people who won't care.

I used to never leave the house without makeup, EVER. And through personal choices, I now never wear it (except on very rare occasions). That had to do with me, but I found it very freeing after I got over the apprehension. I'm not saying don't wear makeup, but work towards that self-confidence so that you don't need it. It's very freeing! =)

MemberMember
(@lastditcheffort)

Posted : 12/11/2012 2:39 pm

Well you have to remember that photos aren't always accurate of how you look in "real life." They can be, but lets face it, some people are very photogenic, I'd go so far to say that they look better in pictures than in reality. And vice versa can be true as well.

I've always been thinking about if this is just a myth or a fact. I know from personal experience that some of my friends look good from every angle, every picture. In contrary, I find I'm better looking in person, and my ex-girlfriend even told me it's hard to make me look as "good" in pictures than I do in person. :D

MemberMember
(@31stcenturyteen)

Posted : 12/19/2012 1:37 pm

Thank you for everyone who replied, I really appreciate it. A lot of the things you guys said have made me feel better.