Is Dairy Bad For Bo...

Notifications
Clear all

Is Dairy Bad For Bodybuilding If It Causes Acne For Me?

MemberMember
(@borkoff)

Posted : 12/03/2012 7:40 am

Hi everybody!

Dairy causes acne for me because of the IGF-1 growth hormone and thus hyperkeratinization (cell division and thus clogging of pores). Does anybody can tell me if dairy counteracts my bodybuilding goals to gain lean mass?

In the last year by bulking I have gained 8 kilos on a dairy diet. Body fat ~12%-17%.

By my understanding dairy causes raises IGF-1 growth hormone which is good for bodybuilding. It also causes cell division and DHT raise - is it also good? I have read that DHT is the king of all male hormones and is not bad as most people think. And cell division - is not it the process that every bodybuilder wants to achieve - that those muscle cells used in training regenerate and grow back - thus cells are dividing?

I want to gain concrete weight and bodyfat and then I will be cutting dairy and replacing it as a protein source - I am not doing it now because of the reasons above and is more economical than others protein sources. Until then I am ready to fight acne by topical treatments that work for me.

MemberMember
(@scov93)

Posted : 12/03/2012 7:56 am

from what i understand all protein will increase your levels of igf-1

MemberMember
(@lawoman75)

Posted : 12/03/2012 8:43 am

You can still gain LBM without dairy, it's more about the macros and dairy is not necessary. Also, remember if you are supplementing with whey protein, stick with a isolate since it's dairy free.

MemberMember
(@borkoff)

Posted : 12/03/2012 9:04 am

You can still gain LBM without dairy, it's more about the macros and dairy is not necessary. Also, remember if you are supplementing with whey protein, stick with a isolate since it's dairy free.

Yes, I know that I have to consume specific amount of macronutrients to gain LBM but I am wondering if there will be any more positive aspects if I switch to diary-free diet? I mean like I said I can fight acne externally quite good until I reach my BB goals regarding my weight and then drop dairy.

MemberMember
(@lawoman75)

Posted : 12/03/2012 9:49 am

Yes, I know that I have to consume specific amount of macronutrients to gain LBM but I am wondering if there will be any more positive aspects if I switch to diary-free diet? I mean like I said I can fight acne externally quite good until I reach my BB goals regarding my weight and then drop dairy.

No, there is nothing special about dairy that will help build LBM.