Notifications
Clear all

The Cold Winter - Is It Healthy For Our Skin?

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/03/2012 2:39 am

Acne comes from the inside, but do you think the cold weather is helping or making our skin worse?

In my opinion i think its better for the skin because acne need something warm to build itself.

What do you think?

MemberMember
(@tweaker123)

Posted : 12/03/2012 7:00 am

i break out more when its winter, because i get less sunshine, and my skin gets extremely dry which causes flakes.

when in the summer, my face stays moist, not oily,

thats for me anyway.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/03/2012 8:16 am

It makes skin conditions worse. Explanation in the linoleic acid deficiency thread.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/03/2012 8:25 am

It makes skin conditions worse. Explanation in the linoleic acid deficiency thread.

Thats such a big thread, there is no way that i am going to find anything about it.

Since my body doesn't produce acne anymore i am not that worried, but it dries my skin out alot !!! its still an interesting topic i think.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/03/2012 9:27 am

Sry skin- whether plagued by acne or not- is not the healthiest. Moisturize with an organic source. They say "if you can't eat it, don't put it on your skin." Try grapeseed oil- it will keep the skin plump and hydrated in the winter months, and it will help the linoleic acid deficiency problem that alternatavista was talking about

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/03/2012 9:50 am

Sry skin- whether plagued by acne or not- is not the healthiest. Moisturize with an organic source. They say "if you can't eat it, don't put it on your skin." Try grapeseed oil- it will keep the skin plump and hydrated in the winter months, and it will help the linoleic acid deficiency problem that alternatavista was talking about

I havent been using anything on my skin the last week because i was hoping it would find its natural balance but in this weather its impossible, so i will start use olive oil again. Only every second day though. I used to wash my face morning and night and moisturize with olive oil, even that was too much for this weather!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/03/2012 12:28 pm

There

I havent been using anything on my skin the last week because i was hoping it would find its natural balance but in this weather its impossible, so i will start use olive oil again. Only every second day though. I used to wash my face morning and night and moisturize with olive oil, even that was too much for this weather!

Again, try grapeseed, hemp seed, safflower, etc. Some source of linoleic acid.

And there's a reduction of ceramides in the skin in winter. This has an affect on how permeable your skin and thus how sensitive. To everything. Rupture and infection from clogged pores, allergy, mites, etc. http://www.acne.org/...20#entry3242185 Topical application of yogurt can help. http://dietforclearskin.blogspot.com/2013/01/apply-yogurt-to-winterize-skin.html