Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizing Face For Acne (How?)

MemberMember
(@potluck420)

Posted : 12/02/2012 5:06 pm

When I moisturize my face, do I apply it on and over my acne? I feel like this would make it worse but people keep telling me to do it. (Especially because I am currently using epiduo). Do I also moisturize in the morning and night ? Im scared this would make my skin look really oily and my acne flare.

MemberMember
(@xcharliex)

Posted : 12/02/2012 5:59 pm

If anything it should calm your inflammation and help the healing process. Just be sure its non-comedogenic.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 12/02/2012 7:55 pm

When I moisturize my face, do I apply it on and over my acne? I feel like this would make it worse but people keep telling me to do it. (Especially because I am currently using epiduo). Do I also moisturize in the morning and night ? Im scared this would make my skin look really oily and my acne flare.

It's perfectly fine to apply a moisturizer when using Epiduo. Make sure to wait until the Epiduo has completely absorbed. You apply the moisturizer wherever you've applied Epiduo. A good moisturizer won't make you look oily, nor will it aggravate acne. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@potluck420)

Posted : 12/02/2012 8:33 pm

I use my fingers right? Not like a Q-tip or anything? I feel uncomfortable touching my acne though, fearing that it will make it worse.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 12/02/2012 8:52 pm

Yes, just use your fingers. Wash your hands before you apply it and be as gentle as you possibly can. Don't worry about making your acne worse. If anything, moisturized skin is better able to fight off infections.

MemberMember
(@potluck420)

Posted : 12/02/2012 10:46 pm

Wait should i Moisturize only areas with acne or my entire face? My cheeks do not have acne should I still moisturize it? My whole life i was fine without moisturizing my cheeks.. I never had a breakout there. I'm afraid if I change something now itll cause a breakout.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 12/03/2012 8:57 pm

Moisturize the areas where you've applied Epiduo. If you don't use Epiduo on your cheeks and you're afraid that moisturizing those areas may cause a breakout, then don't moisturize there.

MemberMember
(@imphoreal)

Posted : 12/04/2012 4:42 pm

I'm currently using Epiduo also! It's perfectly fine to use a moisturizer, it's a must for me every morning day n night. I put on Neutrogena moisturizer (oil-free) before i apply epiduo.

MemberMember
(@potluck420)

Posted : 12/04/2012 6:37 pm

Before? I thought you were suppose to apply after?

Won't the moisturize prevent the epiduo from permeating into your skin?

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/08/2012 1:58 pm

Using Zinc for Acne (How?)

take it and it will clear ur acne. thats how duh