Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Seanagins

Accutane Is Poison

I dont really care what you think.

I know how the ferocity of this drug was down played to me,I know that the damage to my cells has caused severe side effect 2years later and I know the damage it has caused within my body is so wide spread and continues to get worse every day.

I know how the ferocity of this drug was down played to me,I know that the damage to my cells has caused severe side effect 2years later and I know the damage it has caused within my body is so wide spread and continues to get worse every day.

that's absolutely fine and im sorry you feel you've been damaged by accutane, but you shouldn't judge the severity of a drug on what it does to foetuses which is all i said to you. it doesn't have any correlation to effects on adults at all.

that's absolutely fine and im sorry you feel you've been damaged by accutane, but you shouldn't judge the severity of a drug on what it does to a fetus which is all i said to you. it doesn't have any correlation to effects on adults at all.

C'mon man. If it can cause birth defects of such severity imagine what it actually is doing to the rapidly diving cells within the body.

It takes years of alcohol abuse to destroy organs within the body.

Accutane can do that in a matter of weeks or months. It can and does destroy our immune systems, skin,hair,nails,bowels,effect the brain etc,etc,etc.

Yeah there is NO comparison you are right.

that's absolutely fine and im sorry you feel you've been damaged by accutane, but you shouldn't judge the severity of a drug on what it does to a fetus which is all i said to you. it doesn't have any correlation to effects on adults at all.

C'mon man. If it can cause birth defects of such severity imagine what it actually is doing to the rapidly diving cells within the body.

Accutane can do that in a matter of weeks or months. It can and does destroy our immune systems, skin,hair,nails,bowels,effect the brain etc,etc,etc.

Rapidly dividing cells in an adults body are not the same as ones in a foetus, think about stem cell research as an example, it is simply a different situation, as the poster said alcohol can cause birth defects but does not cause the same issue in adults.

Your later points are unrelated to what was pointed out.

Most people fail to understand the different between a link and a causal link and unfortunately thats down to science illiteracy.

I'm sorry if you had problems relating from Accutane, and that your Dr was irresponsible, but that is something to bring up with them, or a medical board. Scare mongering like this, and sensualisation just doesn't help anyone.

Acutally there are studies that it causes epigentic changes and not just on fetuses! I believe I posted somewhere in a few threads James Crandall Ph.D explanation on Accutane which talks about DNA and Cell Changes. However, the inventor of Accutane Willam Blloag M.D. himself said that Accutane was pure toxic and poison and should only be used for severe severe cases of cystic nodular Acne Such as Acne Conglobata.

Though there is extensive studies and rx info that people are given now, that wasn't the case 10/20 yrs ago!

Rapidly dividing cells in an adults body are not the same as ones in a foetus, think about stem cell research as an example, it is simply a different situation, as the poster said alcohol can cause birth defects but does not cause the same issue in adults.

Your later points are unrelated to what was pointed out.

Most people fail to understand the different between a link and a causal link and unfortunately thats down to science illiteracy.

I'm sorry if you had problems relating from Accutane, and that your Dr was irresponsible, but that is something to bring up with them, or a medical board. Scare mongering like this, and sensualisation just doesn't help anyone.

Did you read the title of the thread??

Im here to try and help myself & others recover from this poison.

You can look at it as scare mongering. Im stating the facts about this medication and what its done to me and countless others here.

@Livetoregret - The simple fact is that Accutane is a very powerful drug that may or may not cause terrible damage to your body. For most people taking it, the side effects are minor and temporary, but of course there is the small chance of being one of the unlucky few with permanent hair loss and stuff like that. I'm sorry to hear that Accutane caused so many problems for you but you were probably the unlucky 1 in 100.

Everyone already knows Accutane is poison and taking it is a risk. You have no idea how your body will react to it. Or worse, some doctors push too hard for Accutane, downplaying the side effects and exaggerating the benefits. In the end, the important thing is ensuring that the individual fully understands the risks so that he can make an informed decision.

For me, I have minor backache, increased muscle fatigue and dry lips, but in exchange I got rid of my severe acne completely by month 2, and I think its definitely worth it.

Great posts g33tar.

I don't understand why people make threads just to scare people and regard it as helping. Don't they realise young kids probably come onto this site looking for advice on isotretinoin? Share your experience, fair enough. But scaremongering is highly irresponisble.

ONE person having a negative experience with isotretinoin does not qualify them to spout everything as a 'fact' and for every negative experience, there are far more positive experiences because it is a FACT that the majority of people come out the other side pleased with the results and don't experience any really bad side effects. Yes we know that bad side effects can occur. But the point is, it's rare. EVERY drug has a risk, every drug has a list of common, uncommon and rare side effects. All the people who have had a positive experience are less likely to take the internet to share their experience but the stats from Dermatologists speak for themselves.

I've been through the process twice... so does that make me an expert? No it doesn't. And YES I have been pleased with the results both times, NO I didn't have any major side effects and NO I don't work for a drug company nor am I pathalogical liar.

Suggesting that anybody who claims that isotretinoin worked for them just fine is most probably working for a drug company or lying is downright silly and immature and no wonder you don't know anyone who has had a positive experience because you've just admitted you don't listen to them. What % of the population have acne? What % of acne suffers have a severe form? What % of severe cases end up having a course of isotretinoin? You really think the drug companies are going to spend all day 'trolling' the internet to persuade a small % of people to take it?

Get a grip.

AGREED! And well said. Anything that is foreign to your body can be considered poision including tylenol, advil, cough medicine - anything over the counter, etc. Taking ANY drug is a risk that people have to decide for themselves and whatever happens is dependent on the individual, their body, their genetic makeup and a roll of the dice. Accutane has truly helped many recapture their lives. It has also hurt many. But as stated, such is life. If you don't like accutane, don't take it. The accutane is poision statement has been posted hundreds of times on this board so this post is redundant. Glad the OP found something that worked for you though.

Isn't that the goals of all of us here?

Your opinion is your own but your anger at your derm, the accutane makers and whoever else you feel is responsible for side effects is misdirected. I've seen you time again get into arguments with other posters who are simply making a choice (just as you did - you made a CHOICE to take this drug). Have you tried talking to a professional to get these feelings in check? I am not trying to be a bitch or downplay your feelings but it takes a lot out of a person to be so angry over a decision they made 2 years ago that have had ungoing consequences. What is your life like outside of this message board which in itself can be a curse?

I pray that you at somepoint in time find peace within yourself and start recovering from this event that has clearly affected your life.

I am talking to you as someone who has for too long let me skin rule my life so.....

Good Luck with everything.

Stop with the scaremongering already. Yes it has possible side effects, people understand that. They take it anyway. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone has or will too.

They clearly care more about the health risks in the US due to lawsuits than the rest of the world. Here Is Australia the only testing that was done was pregnancy testing.

Completley negligent of patient care.

The fact this drug causes birth defects should have made alarm bells go off for me - but they play it down as though its nothing and anything can cause birth defects.

Im beyond disgusted and hate myself for putting my health/ future/body in the hands of a dermatoligist.

you cant base how dangerous something is for you as an adult, by comparing the dangers it poses for unborn foetuses.

im sure you've had a few drinks of alcohol in your time? birth defects happen because of alcohol too, yet its perfectly safe for adults to drink (within reason of course).

as for Seanagins.

using buzz words to sound like you know what youre talking about isnt going to fool anyone. did you know that everyone should consume at least 8 glasses of dihydrogen monoxide a day or else we'll die!? using chemical buzz words to scare people isn't acceptable. your poor understanding of chemistry and molecules has again caused invalid scaremongering.

of all the concerns about accutane, minuscule amounts hydrogenated fats has to be the least concerning of all. you are drawing comparisons between a fast food diet and consuming a pill every day. they are just simply not comparable. ingesting milligrams of hydrogenated fats isnt going to harm anyone. we'll have all likely eaten more hydrogenated fats in a single burger then from a course of accutane.

uhhhhh, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax

Are you serious? Who's the jokster when it comes to chemistry and molecules. By the way it's not H2O its H4O2. I can happily admitt that I am not expert in chemistry but I am no idiot to it either and I am always willing to learn.

The one thing I can add to this post: Accutane turned my life around. Period.

You can spew all the negative information about Accutane, go right ahead. Good luck changing the mind of the person who is suffering from such a psychologically crippling disease.

Any accutane user who's aware of the serious side effects will tell you: WE ARE WILLING TO RISK OUR HEALTH TO GET RID OF THIS BURDEN.

They clearly care more about the health risks in the US due to lawsuits than the rest of the world. Here Is Australia the only testing that was done was pregnancy testing.

Completley negligent of patient care.

The fact this drug causes birth defects should have made alarm bells go off for me - but they play it down as though its nothing and anything can cause birth defects.

Im beyond disgusted and hate myself for putting my health/ future/body in the hands of a dermatoligist.

you cant base how dangerous something is for you as an adult, by comparing the dangers it poses for unborn foetuses.

im sure you've had a few drinks of alcohol in your time? birth defects happen because of alcohol too, yet its perfectly safe for adults to drink (within reason of course).

as for Seanagins.

using buzz words to sound like you know what youre talking about isnt going to fool anyone. did you know that everyone should consume at least 8 glasses of dihydrogen monoxide a day or else we'll die!? using chemical buzz words to scare people isn't acceptable. your poor understanding of chemistry and molecules has again caused invalid scaremongering.

of all the concerns about accutane, minuscule amounts hydrogenated fats has to be the least concerning of all. you are drawing comparisons between a fast food diet and consuming a pill every day. they are just simply not comparable. ingesting milligrams of hydrogenated fats isnt going to harm anyone. we'll have all likely eaten more hydrogenated fats in a single burger then from a course of accutane.

uhhhhh, http://en.wikipedia....n_monoxide_hoax

Are you serious? Who's the jokster when it comes to chemistry and molecules. By the way it's not H2O its H4O2. I can happily admitt that I am not expert in chemistry but I am no idiot to it either and I am always willing to learn.

glad you were able to pick up on the joke i was making...

i was just illustrating that people use chemical names to scare and sound scientific (hence why i said you should drink 8 glasses of dihydrogen monoxide (WATER!!) a day).

did you even read the link you posted!?

In the dihydrogen monoxide hoax, water is referred to by an unfamiliar name, "dihydrogen monoxide", followed by a listing of real effects of this chemical, in an attempt to convince people that it should be regulated, labeled as hazardous, or banned

The hoax is intended to illustrate how the lack of scientific literacy and an exaggerated analysis can lead to misplaced fears

you've just proven my point on this topic, thanks.

uhhh Vitamin D3 is a toxin also!!!! I am currently doing research on it. For starters Cholecalciferol can lead to hypercalcemia, hardening of the soft tissues starting at the heart and kidneys.

https://chronicillne...eneral&Itemid=1

well your body can make 20,000 a day by sitting in the sun so i dont think it is dangerous in fact, i dont think we take enough. i think maybe we should take at least 10,000 a day if we want to cure our acne in 3 months

Edited by Ichance23

My point is I thought I was in the clear - no issues during the course at all dont you people understand?

Your taking a HUGE risk with your health, your future, your skin, your hair, etc etc.

yes we all made a choice, I was just like you guys - didnt want to listen to anything negative thinking people were being over top and blaming accutane for other health issues, but now I know because here I am.

Arcadia is right - we have no idea how our bodies will react and doctors down play and straight up deny the after effects of this drug.

All you people who are currently on it thinking you will be home free are going to be in for a rude shock down the line. Period.

Having said that I hope you manage to evade these life destroying side effects, but chances are acne will recur anyway and it was all for nothing.

My point is I thought I was in the clear - no issues during the course at all dont you people understand?

Your taking a HUGE risk with your health, your future, your skin, your hair, etc etc.

yes we all made a choice, I was just like you guys - didnt want to listen to anything negative thinking people were being over top and blaming accutane for other health issues, but now I know because here I am.

Arcadia is right - we have no idea how our bodies will react and doctors down play and straight up deny the after effects of this drug.

All you people who are currently on it thinking you will be home free are going to be in for a rude shock down the line. Period.

Having said that I hope you manage to evade these life destroying side effects, but chances are acne will recur anyway and it was all for nothing.

damn right. i wish someone would have told me what you are telling them so i wouldn't have on minocycline for 3 years. it messed up my mental health at one point which i got over as soon as i stopped but i think i am still dealing with the physical problems. plus something always feels off since i went on that fricking drug. a lot of hard things have happened in my life but i still think it has to do with that frickin drug. they mess with the brain sometimes for some people. anyway lady you are speaking words of wisdom like jesus.

damn right. i wish someone would have told me what you are telling them so i wouldn't have on minocycline for 3 years. it messed up my mental health at one point which i got over as soon as i stopped but i think i am still dealing with the physical problems. plus something always feels off since i went on that fricking drug. a lot of hard things have happened in my life but i still think it has to do with that frickin drug. they mess with the brain sometimes for some people. anyway lady you are speaking words of wisdom like jesus.

Were all in the same boat - desperate for help we turn to professionals who only know how to prescribe a drug to treat, not actually addressing the root cause.

Thats exactly what I did, I only wish now I'd taken my health into my own hands because Im certainly on my own now dealing with severe hair loss, recurring acne & awful scars, blotchy red skin that has shriveled up like a boot at 31, severe dry mouth, pain under my eyes, rashes all over my body,subcutaneous fat loss, stabbing pains in muscles,etc etc the list goes on and is growing week by week.

My decision to take accutane haunts me everyday and effects every aspect of my life.

Anyway, had I read anything like what I am going through out there on the net I never ever would have thought there was an easy way out, I would have avoided accutane & antibiotics completely

I wish you all the best

Your point has been well heard by many. But as is human nature - something is never a problem unless it becomes your problem. Your input is appreciated but at the end of the say, realize that we are all adults and we are going to do what we want to do.

In my case, i made an educated decision to take accutane again and i know what the risks are - which was why i exercised so many other options before taking the plunge.

At the end of the day, the emotional and physical trauma tha acne was causing me was worth the risk. Ten years down the line i could come to realize that i was wrong but tomorrow is not promised so i chose to live in the here and now.

I pray that you find some relief for yourself as we all deserve that peace of mind.

Your point has been well heard by many. But as is human nature - something is never a problem unless it becomes your problem. Your input is appreciated but at the end of the say, realize that we are all adults and we are going to do what we want to do.

In my case, i made an educated decision to take accutane again and i know what the risks are - which was why i exercised so many other options before taking the plunge.

At the end of the day, the emotional and physical trauma tha acne was causing me was worth the risk. Ten years down the line i could come to realize that i was wrong but tomorrow is not promised so i chose to live in the here and now.

I pray that you find some relief for yourself as we all deserve that peace of mind.

be safe and if you notice anything strange go off of it. best of luck my friend.

Edited by Ichance23

Have any you of actually taken Accutane? I for one can say that Accutane effectively put my acne into remission. After years of suffering from severe cystic acne and failing every single therapy out there, Accutane was the only thing that worked. It worked for me and it has worked for thousands of people. Unfortunately the extreme voices dominate the conversation about Accutane and there is an obscene amount of misinformation out there. So I guess I must be lying or a pharma sales rep.

Every person on here has to make an educated decision based on the facts and not ridiculous fear mongering or wives tales. I put this ridiculousness in the same category as using lemon juice to cure acne scars. Really? I mean really?

While I do think the original poster was rather tasteless for starting a post in this fashion - especially when there's a PINNED negative accutane posts thread - I think you're wrong about an obscene amount of misinformation that's dominating the topic of accutane. On the contrary, I believe it's exactly the other way around. Because the success stories are SO powerful to the minds of the incredibly DESPERATE acne sufferers, it's the success stories of accutane "recommenders" like yourselves that dominate the minds of the readers when they're making a so-called "educated decision" to go on this drug.

While I do not want to demonize you or anyone else who recommends accutane, I believe it's an absurd and incredibly irresponsible thing to recommend this drug to anyone. The ones who suffer from these side-effects are NOT the extreme few as you state. While I myself am not dying with disease XYZ like some extreme posters claim, the side-effects are inevitable to just about anyone; even you can develop side effects years after popping that last pill.

According to studies done by Roche, Accutane effectively deters acne in 90% of its patients and keeps the acne off for 60%. Keep in mind these figures are done by the ones who sell the drug. Even then, is 60% chance of keeping acne off worth gambling putting a healthy young body at risk? The calculus simply does not add up.

Again, the original poster is rather tasteless in his way of sending his so called message. However, his message is the right one. It's simply ludicrous to take accutane.

Just my two cents.

Edited by JCx1984

everyone on accutane is aware of what they are taking. we are essentially poisoning ourselves on purpose to cure our acne. the common side effects are short term, and last a little over the length of the course. the much rarer, more serious side effects, or just that... much rarer.

we are all taking risks taking this drug in the hope of giving ourselves a better quality of life. nobody takes the decision lightly, and scaremongering and uneducated fact slinging is insulting to everyone who is going through, or has gone through their treatment. nobody takes the decision to go accutane lightly, and for most, there is no other choice.

Perhaps I should have responded to this post rather than the original poster. I should have read more than just the original post (doh!).

1. everyone on accutane is aware of what they are taking. we are essentially poisoning ourselves on purpose to cure our acne. the common side effects are short term, and last a little over the length of the course. the much rarer, more serious side effects, or just that... much rarer. [Emphasis mine]

Are you sure? What is the average age of those being recommended to take Accutane? While I might not have any hard data on hand, one would generally figure the ages tempted to take this drug are within the 15-25 range. Do you agree?

If so, are these people truly "aware" of what they're taking as you suggest? I disagree. First and foremost, the ages 15-17 are not even legally allowed to sign a contact, let alone make a decision that could severely damage them for the rest of their lives. Next, is the 18-25 age so well-informed? At their age, appearance takes an extreme amount of precedence over other more important issues - namely health - because they're so interested in dating and are significantly interested in their appearance more so than their future selves in their 30's, 40's, or 50's. Given all the aforementioned factors, it would be difficult to argue that majority of the decisions to take accutane are being made from sound, objective, and informed minds.

A comparable scenario is when a 17 year old decides to light up a cigarette for the first time. Just like everyone knew about the negatives of accutane, he probably knew that smoking was probably the #1 negative habit you could have in life. Do you also mean to say that his decision to smoke was also educated? When he lights up, he's not thinking about the possibility of dying of lung cancer at age 55, he's thinking about fitting into the crowd he wants to impress by smoking.

The decision to take Accutane is exactly the same. The patient is blinded by what he desperately he desires - a clear skin - and there's no price he isn't willing to pay. If he's looking at accutane, the chances are he's got severe acne, which effectively puts him at a terrible position to make a truly informed decision. The patient isn't thinking a list of million side effects when he chooses tane. On the contrary, because people like you insinuate that the side effects are "RARE" and that these "fear-mongerers" strangely have nothing to do with their lives other than post on internet forums to scare people off a drug, the decision to take accutane is NOT being made on a sound mind. Such a grave decision must be made with a sound, educated, and most importantly an unbiased mind.

2. we are all taking risks taking this drug in the hope of giving ourselves a better quality of life. nobody takes the decision lightly, and scaremongering and uneducated fact slinging is insulting to everyone who is going through, or has gone through their treatment. nobody takes the decision to go accutane lightly, and for most, there is no other choice. [Emphasis mine]

Nobody takes the decision lightly - I've already addressed this issue with the above paragraph. The decision to take accutane CANNOT and should NOT be made by those suffering from acne. It's an incredibly poor vantage point to make such a grave decision because they're so desperate to do anything to cure acne.

Uneducated fact slinging is insulting - I agree vast amount the "scaremongerers" are rather senseless in their posting. [Like the original poster of this thread] However, these people are not being so pedagogical just to waste precious free time of their day so that they can get on your nerves. Have you sat back for a moment and wondered why there are people doing the so called "fear-mongerering"? Perhaps they just would like to make sure nobody falls into the trap they fell to. But are not savvy enough with words or persuasive writing to make "educated arguments." That does not make any of their intentions vile. These people do not profit in anyway from the so called scare-mongerings.

There is no other choice - Myriads of options exist other than accutane that are safer for young adults to do. If nothing works, what are the odds of accutane working? I do not mean a short-term fix either. How can one argue that it would be the right choice - when there is no other choice - if 40% of accutane patients develop acne again as admitted by Roche?

Worth the gamble? I'm not so sure.

Edited by JCx1984

Actually, the fear mongering is precisely what caused me to delay my treatment well into my 20s. That is probably the decision that I most regret, which is not starting treatment EARLIER. I was scared to death of precisely the same things that are constantly being bandied around - hairloss, depression, suicidal ideation. I wrestled tremendously with the decision to take accutane. No one is naive enough to think that a drug that requires routine monthly blood tests is a simple run of the mill kind of drug. For many of us, this truly is the end of the line.

To someone who has not undergone the process, it's easy to think that Accutane is like getting Nyquil from the drugstore. That is one of the myths about Accutane. It is NOT easy at all to convince most dermatologists to put you on it. It's an incredible pain to convince doctors to put you on it because they are well aware of opening themselves up to being blamed for the side effects, real or imagined. Simply put, I begged and pleaded because my skin was being scarred left and right. If I was put on this earlier, I would have saved myself a tremendous amount of money which I've been sinking into my treatments for acne scarring.

Accutane clearly is not for everyone. It says so right on the label that it is only indicated in the most severe cases. I assure you that only the smallest minority of people are ever put on Accutane, because it is really a measure of last resort. Frankly your example of a 17 year old smoking cigarettes serves to underscore one point---- its easier to be underage and get a pack of cigarettes then convince a doctor to put you on accutane.

And it's not that I recommend Accutane. I assure you my accutane treatment was far from pleasant. My point is that it should NOT be off the table if all other therapies have failed. Everyone here is clearly in the same boat. We're either currently suffering from acne or have suffered from it, and it's good that all sides are presented.

Edited by blahblah82

My experience is the opposite, I went to dr Marcia llewellyn here in Sydney who after seeing my minor acne and few scars put me on it without hesitation. No trying other remedies or suggesting diet changes etc. So I believed what I was told which was an adult at the age of 28 my acne would not disappear without it. No monthly tests except fir a pregnancy test. No talk of long term side effects. I only wish that it was difficult here, that doctors were aware of the seriousness f this medication before throwing people onto a full blown mega dosage and extended courses to ' prevent it from coming back'..some of the lies and or gross negligence thrown around by dermatologists is what causes cases like mine, others have been more successful in tgeir treatments due to proper patient care from the provider. Fact still remains, it's a roll of the dice and definitely not your call as to the side effects lottery

Actually, the fear mongering is precisely what caused me to delay my treatment well into my 20s. That is probably the decision that I most regret, which is not starting treatment EARLIER. I was scared to death of precisely the same things that are constantly being bandied around - hairloss, depression, suicidal ideation. I wrestled tremendously with the decision to take accutane. No one is naive enough to think that a drug that requires routine monthly blood tests is a simple run of the mill kind of drug. For many of us, this truly is the end of the line.

To someone who has not undergone the process, it's easy to think that Accutane is like getting Nyquil from the drugstore. That is one of the myths about Accutane. It is NOT easy at all to convince most dermatologists to put you on it. It's an incredible pain to convince doctors to put you on it because they are well aware of opening themselves up to being blamed for the side effects, real or imagined. Simply put, I begged and pleaded because my skin was being scarred left and right. If I was put on this earlier, I would have saved myself a tremendous amount of money which I've been sinking into my treatments for acne scarring.

Accutane clearly is not for everyone. It says so right on the label that it is only indicated in the most severe cases. I assure you that only the smallest minority of people are ever put on Accutane, because it is really a measure of last resort. Frankly your example of a 17 year old smoking cigarettes serves to underscore one point---- its easier to be underage and get a pack of cigarettes then convince a doctor to put you on accutane.

And it's not that I recommend Accutane. I assure you my accutane treatment was far from pleasant. My point is that it should NOT be off the table if all other therapies have failed. Everyone here is clearly in the same boat. We're either currently suffering from acne or have suffered from it, and it's good that all sides are presented.

Posted · Hidden by PaulH85, December 21, 2012 - Relates to Livetoregrets post which was reported
Hidden by PaulH85, December 21, 2012 - Relates to Livetoregrets post which was reported

Livetoregret: you've been told in countless threads to stop this childish scare-mongering, why do you continue? I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum, by now, knows about your bad experience on accutane. But what you seem to forget is that you are only 1 case. You got put on a way too high dose of Accutane (if I remember correctly) by a shitty dermatologist. You go around posting how bad your experience was, telling people to never take it, even though it might be their only chance of living a happy life, you tell people to be glad they have oily skin, even though it's getting them down, etc.

What I'm getting at is...I don't see the point in what you're doing. All this scare-mongering and warning people of how evil accutane is, isn't going to stop people trying accutane. So why do it? Sure, tell them to be careful and take every precaution possible and re-think their choice until they are absolutely 100% sure, but don't just spend your time worrying people and spreading negative vibes just for the sake of it. Because this is making you come across as a selfish, whiney person who's main concern is to get as much sympathy as possible.

Do what your "about me" says you came here to do: find answers to heal your body before you put myself out of your misery. Don't spread that misery, don't make others feel miserable just because you do.

Posted · Hidden by PaulH85, December 21, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by PaulH85, December 21, 2012 - No reason given

Livetoregret: you've been told in countless threads to stop this childish scare-mongering, why do you continue? I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum, by now, knows about your bad experience on accutane. But what you seem to forget is that you are only 1 case. You got put on a way too high dose of Accutane (if I remember correctly) by a shitty dermatologist. You go around posting how bad your experience was, telling people to never take it, even though it might be their only chance of living a happy life, you tell people to be glad they have oily skin, even though it's getting them down, etc.

What I'm getting at is...I don't see the point in what you're doing. All this scare-mongering and warning people of how evil accutane is, isn't going to stop people trying accutane. So why do it? Sure, tell them to be careful and take every precaution possible and re-think their choice until they are absolutely 100% sure, but don't just spend your time worrying people and spreading negative vibes just for the sake of it. Because this is making you come across as a selfish, whiney person who's main concern is to get as much sympathy as possible.

Do what your "about me" says you came here to do: find answers to heal your body before you put myself out of your misery. Don't spread that misery, don't make others feel miserable just because you do.

I think you neglected to read the title of this thread. take your judgmental attitude else where. I am entitled to post whatever the hell I like.

I am not an isolated case at all, there are many people suffering due to this medication not just on this website, dont be so ignorant.

Posted · Hidden by PaulH85, December 21, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by PaulH85, December 21, 2012 - No reason given

I think you neglected to read the title of this thread. take your judgmental attitude else where. I am entitled to post whatever the hell I like.

I am not an isolated case at all, there are many people suffering due to this medication not just on this website, dont be so ignorant.

The only thing I seem to have neglected is your stubbornness. Oh well, I tried. You can post whatever the hell you like, but know that you whine like a child and spread negative waves so don't expect any sympathy or help from me.