Notifications
Clear all

2 And A Half Months In...

MemberMember
(@jsc9879)

Posted : 12/01/2012 5:44 pm

and I still am getting HUGE cysts on my chin. My initial breakout has lasted over 2 months now. I had a cyst MAYBE once a month on my chin pretane, and I barely had cyst pretane. Why is this still happening? When will I stop getting huge cysts all over my chin? The rest of my face is red with red marks, but thats fine. My chin is in so much pain

Im 6'1, 165 lbs, and did 40 mg first month, and have been doing 80 mg ever since. Im on day 74.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/01/2012 8:05 pm

What dose are you on? Are you taking any steroids with it or using any other topicals?

MemberMember
(@jsc9879)

Posted : 12/01/2012 9:06 pm

What dose are you on? Are you taking any steroids with it or using any other topicals?

80mg a day, no im not taking steroids or using topicals

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/01/2012 9:36 pm

80mg a day, no im not taking steroids or using topicals

True initial breakouts are rare, happening less than 1 in 10,000. It could be just correlation, but since your acne seems to be getting worse, your dermatologist may have to change your dosage and/or prescribe you steroids. The time the cysts will go away depends how severe they are and how soon you can get to your derm and tweak your treatment.

Also, are you a woman on birth control?

MemberMember
(@jsc9879)

Posted : 12/02/2012 12:55 am

I'm 6'1 165 lbs so nope I'm not a woman haha. My doctor has never mentioned steroids so I don't know what those would do. He says every appointment that my cysts should disappear ASAP but they keep coming in bigger than they were before. I had one cyst come in last night on my chin thats an inch big... overnight it happened! Should I schedule an appointment as soon as i can?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/02/2012 3:22 am

I'm 6'1 165 lbs so nope I'm not a woman haha. My doctor has never mentioned steroids so I don't know what those would do. He says every appointment that my cysts should disappear ASAP but they keep coming in bigger than they were before. I had one cyst come in last night on my chin thats an inch big... overnight it happened! Should I schedule an appointment as soon as i can?

Oral steroids are used for initial breakouts to calm the inflammation. If they are getting worse you should go to your derm as soon as you can. It could be as simple as you're accidentally rubbing some your cysts too much, but it's better to treat and figure out what's going on and reduce the pain as quickly as possible. He may need to up your dosage a tad, too.