Notifications
Clear all

Acne On Cheeks!

MemberMember
(@kristina4ever2008)

Posted : 12/01/2012 1:26 pm

My cheeks are my main problem area, and I can't figure out why I keep breaking out there. Help! xD

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 12/01/2012 4:55 pm

Where your breakouts occur is completely random, and eventually you may experience a migration as your acne "matures." There's not much scientific basis I can give you other than through experience and talking with others.

Think of it this way: when someone complains about having too much tummy fat, they go to crunches. Or someone with a larger behind (lol) does lunges to tone up. Well, it doesn't really work that way. To get rid of fat you have to simply try to lose overall body fat.

There is no such thing as "spot reduction" other than applying topical treatments right to the area, and even then, many treatments only treat the existing acne. Simply search these forums for preventative methods that keeps your entire face healthy, exfoliated and protected. And I would keep a special secret weapon (like a tough exfoliant, aka 10% sulfur cream) for when a real nasty comes along.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 12/01/2012 5:36 pm

I only ever break out on my cheeks. cry.gif I think for me it was due to cosmetics.

I used to wear a shitload of makeup when I was younger lol and never knew how to take it off properly. As I grew older, it all just accumulated on my cheeks.

Going to the dermatologist for me was THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER. I had mild acne and in a month's time it was SEVERE. She gave me the harshest shit (10% BP, Sulfur, and Retin-A) which made my skin purge terribly. I had to discontinue.) So, now I just stick to natural remedies!

Moreover, if you're like me and wear makeup, try switching to mineral makeup. Look for ingredients that are non-comodegenic (non-pore clogging). This should help a lot. I used to wear liquid makeup and that clogged my pores.

Also, read up on these articles:

http://nomoredirtylooks.com/2010/11/face-mapping-whats-your-acne-telling-you/

http://puritti.uninsomnia.org/?p=670

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/308398-acne-face-mapping-what-your-body-is-telling-you/

They say acne on the left cheek is correlated to your liver, and acne on the right cheek is correlated to your lungs. I have the most acne on my right cheek, so recently I started doing yoga at home (watching youtube tutorials lol) and deep breathing exercises and it has helped me a lot!

Cut down on sugar, drink water, look up yoga facial exercises for clear skin on youtube (brings the blood flow to the face and oxygenates the pores helping them to heal faster and kill bacteria.)

Topically, I've been using apple cider vinegar toner (half ACV and half water) and my active breakouts have ceased in a week. On top of that I dilute lavender essential oil with jojoba oil and apply it to those affected areas and wow- it has cleared me up like no other!! Plus all my red marks are fading faster :)

Good luck!!! =]