Notifications
Clear all

Unscientific Study, Low Dose B5 Low Dose Vitamin A

MemberMember
(@itsoveryes)

Posted : 12/01/2012 9:24 am

We have all read about those taking low dose accutane with success. We have read about those being cured by b5, but the side effect of mega dosing many times is hairloss. According to this doctor http://www.drdach.com/Acne_B5.html, 750mg of panththine (not b5) and a l-carnitine (750mg) booster works. Since accutane is hard to get I thought we would substitute 10,000 iu of vitamin a. Rather then experimenting alone we can to it together to make it more helpful for everyone. It would be for 3 months with a picture at the beginning and then once a month.

If you are interested post here or pm me. At least 10 people or more to make it realistic.

Some people have mentioned acetyl l carnitine works better.

MemberMember
(@rawhide)

Posted : 12/01/2012 10:23 am

Useless. Megadose B5 may work, not low dose + amino acids, not pantethine, and definitely not vitamin A.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 12/01/2012 1:52 pm

I tried low-dose vitamin A (10-20k IU/day) for a couple weeks. It made my face flush easier, and it didn't make any significant difference in my acne so I stopped. Just didn't seem worth it, if it was making my liver work harder.

I've been using a relatively low dose of B5 (1-2 g/day) for a couple weeks now and it's actually working. It's expensive even at that dose though. I was actually just reading about boosting it with L-carnitine yesterday. I'm gonna try that. I will keep this thread updated on my progress, if I remember.

I should note I'm also taking Vitamin D3, 4000 IU every other day. And Vitamin C, 2 g every day. Oh, plus 3 mg of Melatonin every night.

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 12/01/2012 2:58 pm

Low dose B5 i have always recommended, I take 500mg a day, you can see the difference in reduction of oil and better complexion. Never takin l-cartine though but would like to just to see if there is an extra boost.

Vitamin A is super easy to get in foods if your eating healthy whole foods, don't see how people need to supplement that. Romain lettuce, carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, a lot of dark leafy greens for that matter..

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 12/01/2012 5:12 pm

Bought some L-carnitine today, just took my first pill. I found the Acetyl-L-carnitine (hydrochloride) kind because I read in another thread that it works 10x better, so you don't need as much. Unfortunately, I could only find 500 mg capsules, which is already more than the 250 mg recommend with regular L-carnitine. I hope it's not too much.

MemberMember
(@kaleidoscope)

Posted : 12/02/2012 1:17 pm

Low dose B5 i have always recommended, I take 500mg a day, you can see the difference in reduction of oil and better complexion.

Same here, although I usually take 500 mg twice a day. I think one of the main reasons it helps (at least for me) is that helps the adrenals produce cortisol, which is anti-inflammatory and reduced allergies. The B5 has significantly reduced my allergies overall, and even allowed me to add one food back into my diet that used to break me out (I was allergic to it). People often talk about cortisol like it's evil, and it can do some harm if it's chronically high, but you need a certain amount of it. I had a saliva test that showed LOW cortisol in the past.

MemberMember
(@andersch1m)

Posted : 12/02/2012 2:24 pm

Bought some L-carnitine today, just took my first pill. I found the Acetyl-L-carnitine (hydrochloride) kind because I read in another thread that it works 10x better, so you don't need as much. Unfortunately, I could only find 500 mg capsules, which is already more than the 250 mg recommend with regular L-carnitine. I hope it's not too much.

It won't hurt to go above that recommendation with ALCAR, it has a host of other benefits that are more pronounced at 1-1.5 g/dose.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 12/02/2012 3:03 pm

It won't hurt to go above that recommendation with ALCAR, it has a host of other benefits that are more pronounced at 1-1.5 g/dose.

Cool! Thank you.

MemberMember
(@itsoveryes)

Posted : 12/02/2012 4:20 pm

Exister, since you just started can you post a picture. Also what brands of each are you using?

I made a mistake in my original post which is now edited. Dr dach recommended "Using the modified Leung B5 protocol with Pantethine 750 mg with 250 mg of L Carnitine three times a day, we have noted excellent success rates in reducing or eliminating acne",

NOT b5. Also what is interesting is that the l carnitine is broken up into 3 dosages while the pantethine is taken in one does. In another thread it is mentioned that pantheine stays in the body for 16hrs so I believe that is why.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/21524-pantothenic-acid-vs-pantethine/page__st__40

No love for vitamin A. Since retin A is anti aging I wouldn't eliminate it even if I was completely clear from pantheine alone.

Exister I would look for the 250mg L carnitine not because of the dose but because you are boosting only 2 rather than the recommended 3 times a day.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 12/02/2012 5:33 pm

Sorry, I have no way of, or desire to, post a picture.

I'm using "Trophic" brand D'Pantothenic Acid, 500 mg, and "Inno-Vite" brand Acetyl-L-carnitine, 500 mg. I take one of each twice daily with meals.

I'm never switching to Pantethine, I can't afford it. And I don't care too much about messing around with the dosing, I think this way makes sense, and seems to be working.

MemberMember
(@bsdetector)

Posted : 12/06/2012 4:45 pm

Low dose B5 i have always recommended, I take 500mg a day, you can see the difference in reduction of oil and better complexion. Never takin l-cartine though but would like to just to see if there is an extra boost.

Vitamin A is super easy to get in foods if your eating healthy whole foods, don't see how people need to supplement that. Romain lettuce, carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, a lot of dark leafy greens for that matter..

None of those foods contain Vitamin A. That's beta carotene. Your body needs to convert that to Vitamin A...and I wouldn't risk that if you're worried about Vitamin A consumption.

The only foods containing preformed Vitamin A are animal-based.

MemberMember
(@bloomberg)

Posted : 09/27/2013 11:32 am

Bumping this thread because I just started this regimen and I'm happy with it.

I'm taking 1 g B5 and 500 mg L-Carnitine and my cystic acne is kept in check.

Just wanted to suggest to Exister to look into L-Carnitine Tartrate, I find it works better. Also, Inno-Vite is a very poor brand, I'd steer clear of it.

Does anybody know where I can buy the L-Carnitine 250 mg? I use the GNC one, love it, but it only comes in 500 mg and 1000mg.

Sorry, I have no way of, or desire to, post a picture.

I'm using "Trophic" brand D'Pantothenic Acid, 500 mg, and "Inno-Vite" brand Acetyl-L-carnitine, 500 mg. I take one of each twice daily with meals.

I'm never switching to Pantethine, I can't afford it. And I don't care too much about messing around with the dosing, I think this way makes sense, and seems to be working.